Proposal: McAvoy to Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
God also created paragraphs and He did so with very specific expectations. Chief of which, to convey ideas plainly and clearly and with a sense of editorial integrity.

This to say, you didn't need to provide a third para./sentence when the idea you were attempting to convey was necessarily connected to the second. An idea that has nothing to do with anything other than you feeling slighted at being appropriately corrected.

"God had her reasons for creating emojis". What a shabby little quip, lol.
I hate long-winded paragraphs.

So shoot me.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
So McAvoy plays much harder minutes , with better teammates but has easier starts, how exactly does that work ?

His QoC is very high, but he starts a lot shifts in the offensive zone and with good players. Dermott plays against worse players (which is true, usually 3rd and 4th lines) but plays with worse teammates and has tougher starts in his own zone.

Both have some good numbers, although comparing them is really hard until they get a little closer on the QoC percentile scale there....

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
As a neutral fan, I wouldn't do it if I was Boston. Finding a #1 D-Man who is young in this league way harder than finding a skilled top 6 winger. Two prospects are that, prospects right now, and a 1st is a 1st. Boston guts two starting players for one and potentially 3. The risk is on Boston. No reason for them to do it. If this package is available, Toronto could grab someone else who has a surplus on young defenseman and a lack of scoring.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
id have a hard time giving Mcavoy straight up for Matthews to be honest .

Careful. Keep making comments like that and you won't have anybody to talk to on this site pretty soon. You'll become popular on ignore lists because that comment is beyond ridiculous.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Coming from someone who hates both teams, this is an easy “no” from Boston.

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
By all means...would you? Eager to read how McAvoy has much greater value than Erik Karlsson.
lets see . EK is a ufa, hasnt been the same last couple of years since the injuries started to pile up . Mcavoy is on a entry level deal and is 8 years younger. EK Being a UFA afrter this year alone makes his value drop .

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
If I am Boston, I don't trade McAvoy for just about anything right now.

To be honest, I thought he was bad in the playoffs, but how to you trade a 19 year old #3 defenceman with #1 potential?
he played in a knee brace after an injury and was not the same player after the brace went off it was like night and day difference

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
No way Boston trades their future #1 D in McAvoy, he is already playing on Boston top line with Chara. Those of you who think Mcavoy is being sheltered by Chara you obviously didn't watch McAvoy play for Harvard or in the World Cup.

DeBrusk is playing on Boston's top 6. he put up better Point Per Game then Pastrnak did in his first NHL season

Pastrnak first season with the Boston Bruins he has 27 Point in 48 games. 0.56 points per games

DeBrusk first season with the Boston Bruins 43 Points in 70 games with 0.61 points per game
McAvoy played for BU not Harvard. Donato played for Harvard.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
lets see . EK is a ufa, hasnt been the same last couple of years since the injuries started to pile up . Mcavoy is on a entry level deal and is 8 years younger. EK Being a UFA afrter this year alone makes his value drop .
So what does that do to Gardiner's value, considering EK is the best defenseman in the world and Gardiner isn't even an all-star?

KLM-Line

May 8, 2007
Munich
Value wise the op proposal is so far off ... McAvoy is worth a lot but it is an overpayment with Nylander and Liljegren already.

Neither team is going to be interested to trade with each other considering they are going to be playoff rival the upcomming years.
A rather bad proposal overall.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Idk what to say, the deal is huge. I think its pretty fair, Mcavoy will win a Norris down the road imo so I value him crazy highly personally.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
If I am Boston, I don't trade McAvoy for just about anything right now.

To be honest, I thought he was bad in the playoffs, but how to you trade a 19 year old #3 defenceman with #1 potential?
Not a lot of dmen his age are playing the first line (if there are any)

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Not a lot of dmen his age are playing the first line (if there are any)
Provorov who is also a stud!

Dahlin will be this year.

It’s a short list though. McAvoy game really reminds me of Doughty.

So to Leaf fans thinking it’s an overpayment go back to the 2008 Kings and think “what would I give up for 10 years of Drew Doughty” then come back with an offer....

Reactions: Kazcram

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Provorov who is also a stud!

Dahlin will be this year.

It’s a short list though. McAvoy game really reminds me of Doughty.

So to Leaf fans thinking it’s an overpayment go back to the 2008 Kings and think “what would I give up for 10 years of Drew Doughty” then come back with an offer....
Wouldn't bother. McAvoy would have to be an overpay. He comes cheaper if Boston needs to rebuild. Right now I'm very fond of my mother and would rather keep her

Reactions: BlackFrancis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad