Proposal: McAvoy to Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I don’t see why Boston would do the OP trade, just a poor fit and doesn’t fill their needs.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
No, it doesn't. That only makes sense when you're dealing with guys about to be UFA's.

Sorry that's just too stupid for me. Nylander is a free agent right now. The Leafs cannot trade him, merely his rights, that's a massive difference in TRADE VALUE IN A TRADE PROPOSAL, got it now ?

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Sorry that's just too stupid for me. Nylander is a free agent right now. The Leafs cannot trade him, merely his rights, that's a massive difference in TRADE VALUE IN A TRADE PROPOSAL, got it now ?

There is a difference between a UFA and RFA that you don't seem to properly appreciate.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
Again, remember Kessel ?

Not sure why we're arguing here buddy, honestly. Yeah I do remember. Remember the OP ? It said the Leafs were trading Nylander. The Leafs cannot trade Nylander. Just his rights. There's a difference in value. Unsigned Nylander has a certain value, Nylander at 8x7 has a certain value, Nylander at 2x4 has a certain value. Got it now ?

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Not sure why we're arguing here buddy, honestly. Yeah I do remember. Remember the OP ? It said the Leafs were trading Nylander. The Leafs cannot trade Nylander. Just his rights. There's a difference in value. Unsigned Nylander has a certain value, Nylander at 8x7 has a certain value, Nylander at 2x4 has a certain value. Got it now ?
Hint: What did the Bruins get for the so-called "rights" to Kessel ?

And you wrote "that's a massive difference in TRADE VALUE IN A TRADE PROPOSAL"...

:teach:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
that must be sarcasm

It's worse...he is serious

tenor.gif

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
To Bruins
Nylander
Dermott
Liljegren
1st rd pick

To Leafs
McAvoy
Donato

We don't know what Dermott and Liljegren are yet. As good as McAvoy is and could be, it makes no sense to move those two D pieces from our club WITH William Nylander AND a 1st round pick. This is an overpayment and an easy no from Toronto.

Reactions: slimbob8

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Equal ? i dont think so .
Mcavoy has much greater value . I would even say more value than EK had

By all means...would you? Eager to read how McAvoy has much greater value than Erik Karlsson.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
Hint: What did the Bruins get for the so-called "rights" to Kessel ?

And you wrote "that's a massive difference in TRADE VALUE IN A TRADE PROPOSAL"...

:teach:
The Bruins got a pretty decent deal out of it.
Which they then squandered by giving away Seguin for basically nothing.
Nothing of this has anything to do with this thread. Even the mighty Leafs cannot trade a player they haven't even signed. And If we're talking about a signed Nylander, then his value highly depends on the deal he's signed to, end of story, even a Laughs and a Habs fan should grasp the concept of that and that's my last post on this.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
If I am Boston, I don't trade McAvoy for just about anything right now.

To be honest, I thought he was bad in the playoffs, but how to you trade a 19 year old #3 defenceman with #1 potential?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
To Bruins
Nylander
Dermott
Liljegren
1st rd pick

To Leafs
McAvoy
Donato

I'd value those pieces like this:

McAvoy >>> Nylander >> Donato > Liljegren = Dermott > 1st.

Even in a vacuum where it made sense for the Bruins to trade McAvoy to the Leafs, he's worth a lot more than this offer.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

To be honest, I thought he was bad in the playoffs, but how to you trade a 19 year old #3 defenceman with #1 potential?

I'd take him over plenty of #1s, for this year.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

He had a sprained MCL (missed 15 games) and played with a brace in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad