Proposal: McAvoy to Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
I wouldn’t even do McAvoy for Matthews because we can’t afford to lose Charlie, let alone send him to a division rival. This isn’t a knock on Matthews at all and the OP has great value, we just really need McAvoy where he is at this point time more than (almost) any pieces we could get via trade.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
McAvoy just isn't available. The Bruins and Leafs are in direct competition so in order for either of them to deal a player like McAvoy they are likely to only accept a deal that makes their team clearly the better team and with both insisting on that happening, no deal would ever get done.:laugh:

varano

Jun 27, 2013
your Funny, you should be doing stand up comedy. Mcavoy is already a top 2 defenceman, last season Ryan Donato got 5 goal and 9 points in 12 game. he already has 1 goal and 2 assist in 2 games
Really eh? So we're going by small sample sizes and preseason games now? Move along...

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Is it funny? I wouldn't know! Are you suggesting that Chara has no roll in Macavoys play?

I can tell you he is an excellent influence on his game and the McAvoy has pretty much rejuvenated Chara's career. It's a relationship that has been mutually beneficial.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I wouldn’t even do McAvoy for Matthews because we can’t afford to lose Charlie, let alone send him to a division rival. This isn’t a knock on Matthews at all and the OP has great value, we just really need McAvoy where he is at this point time more than (almost) any pieces we could get via trade.
I'm sorry but your GM would be fired on the spot if he said no on a McAvoy and Matthews trade.

As for the OP, that's way too much value coming from the Leafs but would understand Bruin fans saying no since it's more so quantity for quality

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Young Dmen like McAvoy are so overrated. Can't wait for him to fall back down to Earth.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Neither side does the deal in the OP

McAvoy is too important to the Bruins future and thats way too much from the Leafs

How is it "way too much"? I haven't seen a deal on these boards involving Nylander where Leafs fans feel like it isn't "way too much".
It would be very hard to argue McAvoy not being the number one piece in this whole deal, and not by an insignificant margin. Add to that a kid who looks to be a top 6 and the value is more than fair.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
How is it "way too much"? I haven't seen a deal on these boards involving Nylander where Leafs fans feel like it isn't "way too much".
It would be very hard to argue McAvoy not being the number one piece in this whole deal, and not by an insignificant margin. Add to that a kid who looks to be a top 6 and the value is more than fair.

A top line winger, a 2017 first rounder, a likely top 4 dman, and another 1st is "way too much"

McAvoy>Nylander>>>>>>>Dermott/Donato then Liljegren and 1st?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Really eh? So we're going by small sample sizes and preseason games now? Move along...
Dermott is small sample size, and liljegren is no sample size.. yet ive seen a leaf fan claim liljegren will be > mcavoy... or that mcavoy is overated

Really no point for boston to move him to toronto at all.... unless matthews is in deal and even then its questionable

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Dermott is small sample size, and liljegren is no sample size.. yet ive seen a leaf fan claim liljegren will be > mcavoy... or that mcavoy is overated

Really no point for boston to move him to toronto at all.... unless matthews is in deal and even then its questionable
He is being over rated, he is good but some are acting like he is top 10 lol

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Not a Leaf or Bruin fan. McCoy is the best player at a more important position and Donato could be a very steady F for years in the NHL. Nylander refusing to sign is an issue. Dermott and Lilligren COULD be good second pairing D. Leafs first should be in high 20's. Both sides would stop and think about this.

That McCoy is going to be a real gem.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009

I laughed at the first part of this. Dermott is a likely top four d man but Donato is a small sample size. Makes sense in leaf land for sure.

McAvoy is far too valuable to the Bruins to make this deal, even with all the value coming back from the TML.

Also - I would trade McAvoy for Matthews I think. I wouldn't think about any other trade with the Leafs if he weren't involved though. Aka, there won't be a trade with McAvoy.

Reactions: wintersej
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad