Proposal: McAvoy to Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Both teams say no, Bruins say no because they don’t want to give their division rival exactly what they need and Toronto says no because the price is too high.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Wouldn't bother. McAvoy would have to be an overpay. He comes cheaper if Boston needs to rebuild. Right now I'm very fond of my mother and would rather keep her

Exactly it’s nevee going to happen.

But to get some perspective for people in this thread saying EK as a UFA after 2 serious injuries is worth more than McAvoy hopefully this enlightens them.

I’d sure take the last 10 years of Doughty (or almost anyone in the NHL) over the next 10 of Karlsson.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Exactly it’s nevee going to happen.

But to get some perspective for people in this thread saying EK as a UFA after 2 serious injuries is worth more than McAvoy hopefully this enlightens them.

I’d sure take the last 10 years of Doughty (or almost anyone in the NHL) over the next 10 of Karlsson.

Let’s see if he can play at Doughtys level for one year before we hand wave 10.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I thought it was a good offer if you're trying to get a stud young player like McAvoy away from a team that needs him.

Then I saw Donato somehow got snuck in there. Why are the B's trading two of their best young players right now? Just dumb. That offer for just McAvoy would at least make the B's think about giving him up. If they had to send more back it isn't going to be their best young goal scorer. This guts their future as of today. Wouldn't be a bad offer if it's a different player than Donato.

Or make it smaller for just McAvoy.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
McAvoy is as untouchable as it gets. He’s a top 10 defender in the NHL in the near future.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Haha oh mannnnnn
Nylander and an assortment of crap doesn’t get you a young top pairing righty D
OMFG Dermott and Lilj are now crap!
This board is soo far removed from reality, if the Leafs actually offered that the B's would accept. Its like the Leafs saying no to an offer of Pasta+Charlie+Donato+1st for Matthews.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
I hate long-winded paragraphs.

So shoot me.

Schaedenfreude as an HFBoards sub-hobby doesn't interest me as much as it appears to interest (eg "Search member 'zeke'") you. But your exchanges with me are beginning to instruct as to how it might be entertaining.

From what I've read, it appears that whatever isn't momentarily beneficial to you is either deformed or discarded depending on the exchange.

If you're going to quote me again, kindly stick to the hockey matter at hand, or stay in the lane of the obvious subtext maintained, or choose to let the readers you believe you shepherd come to their own conclusions without the ill-mannered, cheer-leading edgelord routine.

Thanks in advance, Sport.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Care to give us a 20 year old #1 stud Dman? We'll give you a bunch of stuff we can live without.

Reactions: xgallantx
Feb 24, 2017
This board is soo far removed from reality, if the Leafs actually offered that the B's would accept. Its like the Leafs saying no to an offer of Pasta+Charlie+Donato+1st for Matthews.
Fine. They’re not crap. That said, they’re certainly closer to crap than they are to the lofty projections leafs fans on here throw down.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
‘What’s the price on X? Would this assortment of things we can’t afford / deem disposable get it done?’

‘X is not available. At all. For anything’

‘Lol you guys overrate your players like crazy such and such prospect will be just as good’

Seriously. Don’t be jerks. If the shoe was on the other foot and Toronto had McAvoy and Leafs fans came calling Toronto fans would be demanding Pastrnak, Marchand, and Heinen all 50% retained and then some.

Top pairing young RHD are the hardest thing in the game to find, and you’re asking Boston to ship him to a hated rival? Cmon man...

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
did u really just compare Mcavoy Pasta and Donato to Willie, Dermott and Lilj ? Cmon man ...

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
i honestly dont see the bruins doing this for mcavoy alone . He has that much value at 19/20 years old he was playing top pair logging 23 min a game vs opposing top lines . and only going to get better

Laughable...big fan of McAvoy but if you think he's worth a top line winger, potentially two top 4 defenceman and first you would be dead wrong.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Both fan bases saying no for reasons other than positional fit is a good indicator that it's fair value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad