Proposal: McAvoy to Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
McAvoy and Donato are both equal to Nylander, Liljegren Dermott and first rounder are throw in, no thank from Boston. Add to that the Bruins have Marchand, Pasta and Bergeron on great contracts, no need to pay Nylander what he will be asking.

throw ins, you're funny.

Liljegren is a recent first rounder that killed it in the AHL at 18 years old. Dermott is an NHL ready PMD that likely plays in the top 4. and a 1st is a 1st.

This is a silly overpayment that would never happen. Neither team would even get to this part of the discussion anyway.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
throw ins, you're funny.

Liljegren is a recent first rounder that killed it in the AHL at 18 years old. Dermott is an NHL ready PMD that likely plays in the top 4. and a 1st is a 1st.

This is a silly overpayment that would never happen. Neither team would even get to this part of the discussion anyway.

In what way is it an overpayment? Here's a question, hypothetically if someone offered the Leafs offer for Matthews, would you accept it? Because that is how valuable McAvoy is to the Bruins and why I wouldn't even think twice about declining it. Sure there is value, but players like Matthews and McAvoy don't get traded when they've just turned 20.

I don't think you'd be willing to give up Matthews for Nylander, Liljegren, Dermott and a 1st.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Why would Boston do this deal?
Warm up signing Nylander as an rfa. They’ve got a crap ton coming in the next 2 years.

Sweeney better love talking to agents.

But ya. Hard no on this one. I can’t imagine much that would pry McAvoy out of Boston. He seems coachable. Meshes well with his teammates and obviously had a high ceiling.

It’d take a lot. More than most teams would give really.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
In what way is it an overpayment? Here's a question, hypothetically if someone offered the Leafs offer for Matthews, would you accept it? Because that is how valuable McAvoy is to the Bruins and why I wouldn't even think twice about declining it. Sure there is value, but players like Matthews and McAvoy don't get traded when they've just turned 20.

I don't think you'd be willing to give up Matthews for Nylander, Liljegren, Dermott and a 1st.

There's a difference between saying McAvoy wont be traded regardless of the offer and its different to say the offer is Nylander and throw ins. It's an overpayment because the value is too much for the return. Feelings aside it's true it's an overpayment. That's nothing against McAvoy and I dont think Bruins have any interest in even listening on him and rightfully so. However that doesn't mean no offer is equal value or even an overpayment. It just means hes not available.

Both teams say no on this deal but no need to make incorrect statements in order to convey that.

Reactions: Toronto makebeleifs

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Considering McAvoy's talent + Toronto having to pay the rival tax, it would cost Matthews.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
ofcourse he does thats why they play in pairs . But from watching the games i would say the young guys are making Chara look better the last 2 years not the other way around
He is still effective,perhaps simplified his game,intimidation is still a factor!

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
throw ins, you're funny.

Dermott had one goal, yesterday he sounds about ready for top four minutes in Toronto, not sure what you mean by “killed it” can’t find much stats wise one him. So no not willing to give up two sure fire NHLers for one sure fire NHLer who’s the still cannot sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad