Proposal: McAvoy to Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Value aside this makes the Bruins a lot worse on the ice and the Leafs a lot better. Both teams are looking to compete now. Bruins pass.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Which one of these players is equivalent to Nylander or Dermott ?

This is a fleecing by Boston to get that package. Mcavoy is great but that’s a lot of value.

If we are nitpicking. Debrusk is certainly at least at the level of Dermott and perhaps Nylander. Vaak should be better than Dermott also.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
If we are nitpicking. Debrusk is certainly at least at the level of Dermott and perhaps Nylander. Vaak should be better than Dermott also.

None are equal to Nylander.

Debrusk is at least equal to Dermott, I'd take Debrusk over him in a heartbeat.

Vaak hasn't played a single professional hockey game yet. There is no chance "Yaak should be better than Dermott also" is a valid statement yet. I would put Dermott over Vaak/Lauzon at this point.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think both teams will look at this but doubt it happens. I think Mcavoy's to important to the Bruins long term for them to move him.

Reactions: BHD

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto

Debrusk similar to Dermott okay maybe. But to Nylander not even close.

Vaak should could would, until he’s not he’s not. If we’re going by this trade he’d be the Lil swap in on a reverse trade.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

I think if you had Nylander and we had Debrusk, you would call us homer Leaf fans for saying that.

Vaak has a long way to go to be better than Dermott. Dermott was the better prospect at the same age and has developed nicely.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Debrusk similar to Dermott okay maybe. But to Nylander not even close.

Vaak should could would, until he’s not he’s not. If we’re going by this trade he’d be the Lil swap in on a reverse trade.

I'm sure a lot of people would rather have Debrusk than Dermott, this isn't really an "okay maybe similar" situation. Agreed on Nylander though.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I think if you had Nylander and we had Debrusk, you would call us homer Leaf fans for saying that.

Vaak has a long way to go to be better than Dermott. Dermott was the better prospect at the same age and has developed nicely.

Don't think this is true. Vaak was a 1st round pick and rated higher at the time I believe.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I'm sure a lot of people would rather have Debrusk than Dermott, this isn't really an "okay maybe similar" situation. Agreed on Nylander though.

And I’m sure a lot of people would rather have Dermott so it certainly is a maybe situation. Going by current NHL value a top 4 d man > top 6 winger. Maybe Dermott is currently just under a top 4 but Debrusk is also just under a top 6. I feel this year Debrusk will be a top 6 and Dermott a top 4 though

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
And I’m sure a lot of people would rather have Dermott so it certainly is a maybe situation. Going by current NHL value a top 4 d man > top 6 winger. Maybe Dermott is currently just under a top 4 but Debrusk is also just under a top 6. I feel this year Debrusk will be a top 6 and Dermott a top 4 though

I just disagree, I think the majority would rather have Debrusk. It would be a good poll I think.

Debrusk played in the top 6 the entire year last year, not really sure what you're talking about "just under top six." He and Krejci have great chemistry.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Don't think this is true. Vaak was a 1st round pick and rated higher at the time I believe.

They play in different leagues, so we won't really know until Vaak hits the AHL or NHL. Draft + 2 was when Dermott rose to be a significant prospect, so we'll see if Vaak has the same trajectory. In Dermott's D +3, he became a regular. That's a healthy trajectory for a defenceman, regardless of draft position. Vaak might have higher potential (not sure if I agree with that).

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I just disagree, I think the majority would rather have Debrusk. It would be a good poll I think.

Debrusk played in the top 6 the entire year last year, not really sure what you're talking about "just under top six." He and Krejci have great chemistry.

I would take Debrusk now, but I am not sure if that's because I undervalue defencemen or not. It's much easier to be a top 6 forward at 21 than a top 4 defenceman.

Still, I think Debrusk is likely worth more. We will see how he does this season.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
They play in different leagues, so we won't really know until Vaak hits the AHL or NHL. Draft + 2 was when Dermott rose to be a significant prospect, so we'll see if Vaak has the same trajectory. In Dermott's D +3, he became a regular. That's a healthy trajectory for a defenceman, regardless of draft position. Vaak might have higher potential (not sure if I agree with that).

Ok well you said "Dermott was a better prospect at the same age" not "we won't really know until Vaak hits the AHL."

I agree with this statement, not the first.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I can tell you he is an excellent influence on his game and the McAvoy has pretty much rejuvenated Chara's career. It's a relationship that has been mutually beneficial.
A symbiotic relationship ? Ok ,could be! I was hinting at the confidence factor seeing as how Charlie likely feels very protected out there! When Chara is done,opponents will not respect Charlie as much...it will be a different feel for him .

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Dermott is small sample size, and liljegren is no sample size.. yet ive seen a leaf fan claim liljegren will be > mcavoy... or that mcavoy is overated

Really no point for boston to move him to toronto at all.... unless matthews is in deal and even then its questionable
I think McAvoy is awesome but the Bruins would absolutely trade him for Matthews.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
I would question your hockey knowledge if this was serious. I get the Bruins won't deal McAvoy, but if Matthews was offered....they'd be nuts to say no.

But Matthews will never be offered so it's pointless.
You guys like him so much I doubt you would accept to trade him for McDavid or Crosby or Wayne Gretzky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad