Proposal: McAvoy to Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
i honestly dont see the bruins doing this for mcavoy alone . He has that much value at 19/20 years old he was playing top pair logging 23 min a game vs opposing top lines . and only going to get better

Reactions: AndreRoy

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
I fully realize how valuable McAvoy is, but I would not give up that package for him in a million years. It's just too much much value going in Boston's direction. I mean three of those pieces alone are arguably better than anything the sens got for Karlsson. Different situation obviously, but still. This package of assets is off the charts good.

Reactions: LighthouseKeepr

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
To Bruins
Nylander
Dermott
Liljegren
1st rd pick

To Leafs
McAvoy
Donato
McAvoy and Donato are both equal to Nylander, Liljegren Dermott and first rounder are throw in, no thank from Boston. Add to that the Bruins have Marchand, Pasta and Bergeron on great contracts, no need to pay Nylander what he will be asking.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Not a Leaf or Bruin fan. McCoy is the best player at a more important position and Donato could be a very steady F for years in the NHL. Nylander refusing to sign is an issue. Dermott and Lilligren COULD be good second pairing D. Leafs first should be in high 20's. Both sides would stop and think about this.

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
McAvoy and Donato are both equal to Nylander, Liljegren Dermott and first rounder are throw in, no thank from Boston. Add to that the Bruins have Marchand, Pasta and Bergeron on great contracts, no need to pay Nylander what he will be asking.
Equal ? i dont think so .
Mcavoy has much greater value . I would even say more value than EK had

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012
I think Boston would say no, value aside. They for the most part need to compete now and everything except Nylander needs more time in the oven.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
id say the b's are getting more value but it just depends how good McAvoy really becomes, low end vs high end #1dman and we will just assume Donanto becomes a top 6 player for arguments sake.

Leafs are still giving up nylander which is pretty much Donatos ceiling and Nylander has much more to show, Leafs are also giving up two dman with high potential, who could very well be #3 dman possibly more, and a late 1st.

Both teams are taking risks, and i think both teams keep there young players so see how they pan out.

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
unfortunately unless youre ottawa #1 dmen are valued extremely high in the NHL and mcavoy is currently proven . Yes Willie is a good young player but not worth Charlie , and the other dmen with potential mean nothing imo since potential can go both ways .

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Players like McAvoy don't get traded unless the player wants out or there's a significant disconnect with management.

I don't see either here.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Lots of value there, to be sure, but the Bruins probably have no interest in entertaining offers for McAvoy.

To the retort that the Leafs might not want to give up that combo of quality and quantity either, that's valid too.

The challenge for Toronto in the next 18 months is that they badly need to pry away top-end defense talent from another club, ideally cost-controlled for years to come, but teams are rarely in a position to relinquish it. This is yet another proposal where it's the right kind of player to meet TML needs, but the cost is high and the other team isn't going to be interested in giving up that piece anyway. Quality young defense is so rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad