Rumor: Vegas looking to add to its blue line

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I don't know if Vegas has anyone that is available that Rutherford would want but I could see Schultz being available. Rutherford hates letting go UFA's for nothing. Last year Rutherford traded all 3 of his UFA to be players. Hagelin was traded for Pearson who had term. Brassard, Sheahan, and picks used to get McCann and Bjugstad both with term. I see the same thing happening this season with the 2 UFA's on the team Galchenyuk and Schultz. I see both traded for players with term. Picks and or prospects will be added to get players of equal or greater value. Pens have a ton of cap space to make it happen now that Guentzel is out until late in the playoffs if that.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
I don't know if Vegas has anyone that is available that Rutherford would want but I could see Schultz being available. Rutherford hates letting go UFA's for nothing. Last year Rutherford traded all 3 of his UFA to be players. Hagelin was traded for Pearson who had term. Brassard, Sheahan, and picks used to get McCann and Bjugstad both with term. I see the same thing happening this season with the 2 UFA's on the team Galchenyuk and Schultz. I see both traded for players with term. Picks and or prospects will be added to get players of equal or greater value. Pens have a ton of cap space to make it happen now that Guentzel is out until late in the playoffs if that.
I would go after any defenseman from Anaheim.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Any interest in Erik Gustafsson? Hawks can easily take back any one-year money that Vegas needs to dump to make it work, but Gustafsson is very cheap this year.
Gustafsson is so cheap this year that Vegas wouldn't even have to send back a cap dump to make it work, only issue is that he's a LHD, Vegas has 5 LHD in their top-6. With the sole RHD being Engelland.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Gustafsson is so cheap this year that Vegas wouldn't even have to send back a cap dump to make it work, only issue is that he's a LHD, Vegas has 5 LHD in their top-6. With the sole RHD being Engelland.

Gustafsson played his right side for most of last season and most of this. The only reason he’s back on the left is because Boqvist is now with the Hawks.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Been solid this year believe it or not, adds alot of toughness good on the pk, would be usefull on a bottom pair for anyone in the playoffs low cap hit. He likely returns a 3rd.

He is one of the dumbest players I can remember seeing in the NHL and I've seen him make selfish plays over and over again that can lead to penalty issues. Particularly in the playoffs, when the intensity goes up, his short fuse is a major liability.

I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
That's why I asked. He looks a fit for the Knights, but the Kings - as you mentioned - might not want to help them out.

I don't think the Kings would care.

They aren't going to be competitive this year or next and that's how long Martinez contract is and he is old enough they wouldn't worry about giving Vegas a piece that would be useful for more than that. Vegas didn't get anything from them in the expansion draft that would upset them.

Reactions: BHD

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Let’s see...they coughed up Suzuki...they coughed up Gusev(they could have easily moved Eakin this off-season and kept Goose)...which lucky team is McPhee going to give Dugan to?

Maybe the organization should realize that they are better at drafting than trading? Expansion or Entry, whatever draft VGK seems to pick players.

Slomo

May 27, 2018
(Cgy) Hamonic, Jankowski, 1st and a 3rd for (Vegas) R.Smith and C.Glass.

3rd becomes a 2nd if Hamonic signs elsewhere (Wpg :) ) in the summer

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Any Interest in Stecher? What can Vegas offer?

He is on the third pairing however he can play on the top 4. With
Injuries the last few seasons, he played on a top pairing with Edler and looks solid. He can give you Corsi around 50% and if he play on the top 4 can produce 20 to 25 points as well, he doesn't make a lot mistakes on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad