Rumor: Vegas looking to add to its blue line

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I wouldn't mind a 3 way deal around Eakin and Hamonic.

Eakin to NYI
NYI 3rd and Vegas 3rd + conditional 2nd to Calgary
Hamonic to VGK

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
A little out there in left field....but for whatever reason Tyson Barrie just hasn’t worked out for the leafs.

I think he’d be a perfect fit with Vegas with his puck moving abilities.

Obviously no clue if Leafs even entertain trading Barrie but if it comes to it..Vegas would make sense imo

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Ristolainen for Marchessault

Risto is younger and on shorter contract, but exactly what Vegas needs. Marchessault is the elusive top-6 RW veteran that Buffalo sorely needs. Marchessault is going to cause Vegas cap problems in a couple years, if you don't acknowledge it is one already holding them back from fixing their defense. 400k difference in contracts is conveniently the amount of cap space Vegas has, so it works cleanly. Marchessault only has an 8 team NTC-- the biggest hiccup.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
I would suggest Jordie Benn

he’s been pushed out by Fatenberg and Rafferty is on the way....

he’s cheap and signed for 2 years...

would want a 5th back.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Current speculation is Reaves + a pick for TVR or Gardiner. I think TVR's remaining 1m of cap works out if they send Hague down so no need to move Reaves for him.

Gardiner seems the likely target if they're looking at Kolesar replacing Reaves.

Seems cheap right ? A prospect + a dump + a 2nd for Petry ? or is Hagues that good ?

No and yes. Forget getting Hague. He was off the table for Stone & Pacioretty. They won't move him for Petry.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Current speculation is Reaves + a pick for TVR or Gardiner. I think TVR's remaining 1m of cap works out if they send Hague down so no need to move Reaves for him.

Gardiner seems the likely target if they're looking at Kolesar replacing Reaves.

No and yes. Forget getting Hague. He was off the table for Stone & Pacioretty. They won't move him for Petry.

Thank for the answer :) but out of curiosity then why did some fans talk about sending him to the minors if a new D comes ?

landeskog11

Jan 14, 2012
A little out there in left field....but for whatever reason Tyson Barrie just hasn’t worked out for the leafs.

I think he’d be a perfect fit with Vegas with his puck moving abilities.

Obviously no clue if Leafs even entertain trading Barrie but if it comes to it..Vegas would make sense imo

yes, he's available what do you offer?

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Though I think Vatenan is the best player available, Detroit would have a hard time saying no to something around:

Merill & Eakin + Vegas 2020 2nd & Pens 2020 2nd

for Mike Green @50% retention (2.687m)

Yzerman recently said that the teams goal was to add more draft picks, and they have just over 10m in cap to work with before a trade like this.

I would be very interested in that. Both Meril and Eakins are on the last year of their contract, right? Same as Green.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Ya was going to include him although I did not think the knights are looking for that type of dman
i didnt think so either but saw him include mike green and subban so i dunno. maybe another vegas fan would like to chime in on what type of D man they are looking for.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Skjei worth more than a 2nd + 3rd but cap space is a premium and the offer in that post has the onus entirely on LV.
Vegas has almost no cap, so for a bit more...

LVGK 2020 + 2021 2nds + Pens 2020 2nd + NJD 2021 2nd
+ acceptable cap dumps
Merrill, 1.375 + Holden 2.2 + Eakin partially retained down from 3.85 to 3, all expiring
total cap is 6.575

for

Skjei full pop 5.25

rough math 6.57 - 5.25 = ballpark 1.3 cap savings to Vegas

that is 4 late 2nds over 2 yrs
immediate help to LV
structural cap reform to NY

win win

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Something around Petry at 50% for Krebs? Vegas can toss in a bad contract to make things work.

Petry's skating and puck movement would fit in great with Vegas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad