cheap move trade for hainsey or boro

if Vegas is willing to pay up demelo is probably available

Ottawa could take on eakin if needed but would need more in the trade

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Carl Gunnarsson?

Not sure if the Blues wanna move him for depth purposes but Mikkola is playing well and Parayko should hopefully be back soon so he could be the odd man out

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
According to CapFriendly:
VEGAS DEADLINE CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $2,022,211

Ron Hainsey seems like a good pickup IMO
What is Vegas willing to give up?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Vegas probably has an extra 2nd, 3rd, and a prospect like Schuldt, Coghlan, Whitecloud or Leschyshyn, etc. They could possibly bump up the 3rd to an extra 2nd for the right defenseman, Zykov or Pirri could be attached and possibly traded later for value. They don't need a lot of cap retention in actuality but if they did Reaves or Eakin are on expiring contracts.

Someone like Martinez, TVR, Demelo, Gardiner if the Hurricanes give up on him would seem in the range.

Obviously if they have a higher target in mind other assets could go and it's McPhee, so you never know what mistake he could make.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Demelo might be a good fit, he has been terrific for the sens this year. Rock solid and a low cap hit (900 k), everyone who has played with him has looked their best relative to how they've played with anyone else.
One of my favorite under the radar players. RHD on a great contract that seems to have a positive impact on the game every time I watch him play. He would be a very good grab at the deadline for a team looking to improve D depth

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
2nd round pick for Demelo seems about right can play in your top 4, would probalby look great with Theodore as Demelo plays well with Chabot and they are similar d men.

I think you're right about the value. If I were Vegas I would be willing to do a 2nd and 3rd if push came to shove.

Schultz, Martinez, TVR are other options. I don't think Vegas should swing for the fences here.

Reactions: bert

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Though I think Vatenan is the best player available, Detroit would have a hard time saying no to something around:

Merill & Eakin + Vegas 2020 2nd & Pens 2020 2nd

for Mike Green @50% retention (2.687m)

Yzerman recently said that the teams goal was to add more draft picks, and they have just over 10m in cap to work with before a trade like this.

I’d do this as a Wings fan, and I’m a big fan of Green.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think Mike Green might be a good pick-up, but Detroit would have to retain half his contract, also Detroit would have to take Merrill and Eakin, although I could see Detroit flipping Eakin to a Wild Card team.

Nice to read creative trade solutions.

But Ithink it would be enough to take just Merrill, because the deadline cap space is bigger, over 2 million, and retenting 50% of Greene would push him to 2.7M caphit only.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
DeMelo, Borowiecki, or Hainsey from Ottawa could be a fit.

Yep, all are decent options. I think DeMelo especially would be attractive due to his low cap hit. But I kinda hope we keep him. Funny enough, I feel like Boro would be an amazing fit in VGK. Its tough for me to gauge his value, though, and I kind of think we'll re-sign him.

I think, if they are all traded, DeMelo will be dealt for a 2nd + 3rd or more; Boro a 3rd + 4th or more; and Hainsey for whatever we can get (4th or 5th).

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
As a Sens/Knights fan, f*** no to Boro.

Trust me Knight fans, you dont want him.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Skjei worth more than a 2nd + 3rd but cap space is a premium and the offer in that post has the onus entirely on LV.
Vegas has almost no cap, so for a bit more...

LVGK 2020 + 2021 2nds + Pens 2020
2nd + NJD 2021 2nd
+ acceptable cap dumps
Merrill, 1.375 + Holden 2.2 + Eakin partially retained down from 3.85 to 3, all expiring
total cap is 6.575

for
Skjei full pop 5.25

rough math 6.57 - 5.25 = ballpark 1.3 cap savings to Vegas

that is 4 late 2nds over 2 yrs
immediate help to LV
structural cap reform to NY

win win

Glad to see your back and healthy.
Brady skeij isn't returning back 4 second round picks.

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad