Rumor: Vegas looking to add to its blue line

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Is it RHD or LHD Vegas would want to add ?
RHD Petry could be available, + MTL has cap space also so no issues to add dumps

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I'd do Hamonic, but you'd need a 3rd team to take on the cap, unless its a RW that has the cap and wouldn't be a negative to the Flames

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I'd do Hamonic, but you'd need a 3rd team to take on the cap, unless its a RW that has the cap and wouldn't be a negative to the Flames

Not necessarily. If Vegas makes the deal relatively cap neutral (even a dump), Flames still have around 4 mil cap space from the Frolik deal. Although I agree that the biggest fishes that Treliving is going for is a RW with term, I also don't see why he may consider a RD with term/team control (ie: RFA). I'm interested to see what Treliving does at the TDL.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Subban isn't going anywhere, and I think the preference is to extend Vatanen.

If Vegas wants to talk RHD, I'd be interested in their offer for Severson (25 yo; $4.167M through 2022-23). Our objective would likely be a hockey trade for a top-4 LHD, and I can't imagine that's a deal Vegas would be able to do.

grewalwings

May 23, 2014
Ontario
I think Mike Green might be a good pick-up, but Detroit would have to retain half his contract, also Detroit would have to take Merrill and Eakin, although I could see Detroit flipping Eakin to a Wild Card team.

Though I think Vatenan is the best player available, Detroit would have a hard time saying no to something around:

Merill & Eakin + Vegas 2020 2nd & Pens 2020 2nd

for Mike Green @50% retention (2.687m)

Yzerman recently said that the teams goal was to add more draft picks, and they have just over 10m in cap to work with before a trade like this.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Colin Miller for the 2021 2nd back.
Means Vegas got a 5th round pick out of the deal for freee.

Reactions: Mitts888

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
One of Edmundson or TVR for Reaves + 7th, perhaps?

Not that I would bemoan losing either Edmunson or TVR, but Canes already will have to sit one of Martinook or McGinn with Williams returning. Both of them, IMO, are better and more versatile players than Reaves. Are you suggesting sitting both of them and playing Reaves?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I think Mike Green might be a good pick-up, but Detroit would have to retain half his contract, also Detroit would have to take Merrill and Eakin, although I could see Detroit flipping Eakin to a Wild Card team.
To date, Green only agreed to waive NTC for WSH & TBL 2 yrs ago iirc, but then hurt his neck. Last TDL he had the liver virus. I know he prefers the East coast & just had another baby. He's been rounding into form in recent weeks/1 month. Still not a lot of pts b/c we're historically bad (cap-era, if not expansion era). We could retain 50% & take on cap dump(s) depending on the return. What did you have in mind? VGK definitely need PMD's, I've been saying that since their 1st season, despite their success. Their top 7 or 8 F are sweet.

I'll add that I think Green + max 50% + 2 cap dumps would be the best in terms of cost-benefit to VGK vs the others listed in OP.

Martinez & Vatanen=costlier to acquire.
Subban looks done (way more than Green). His head & heart don't seem to be in it & his body isn't helping. Nobody is touching his contract (term & $) without a huge return...big gamble too.
Hamonic, a decent stay at home D, not the PMD VGK needs & not what he once was on NYI. I don't see CGY helping VGK as they're tyring to lock down wild card spot.

Last edited:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Though I think Vatenan is the best player available, Detroit would have a hard time saying no to something around:

Merill & Eakin + Vegas 2020 2nd & Pens 2020 2nd

for Mike Green @50% retention (2.687m)

Yzerman recently said that the teams goal was to add more draft picks, and they have just over 10m in cap to work with before a trade like this.
I'd probably ok that, but I think SY would want a b-level C/D prospect + (2) 2nd's, since we're retaining max 50% & taking on 2 dumps + trading a ~4/5PMD vet. I could see Green having a good SC playoff run in the right situation, springing VGK's talented/speedy F's & working PP1/PP2. Good suggestion overall.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
For VGK fans, would Hague then sent to the minors?

Only if it's a cap move until the deadline. Ie. They go with 20 or 21 roster players then call him back up.

Golden Knights hoping to add a defenseman before the trade...

With only $117,626 in projected space They would have to move someone.

Players I'd think would be of interest:

Alec Martinez
Sami Vatanen
Mike Green
Subban (would have to include a lot of assets for that retention)
Travis Hamonic
spiderman.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->