Rumor: Vegas looking to add to its blue line

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Manson already scored a goal for us this season and we didn't have to give anything up for it.

You know damn right if Manson came available. 90% of the league would be on em like white on rice bud. I see through your memes bro. Unprotected first from Vegas is a damn fair trade. Stop lying

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
You know damn right if Manson came available. 90% of the league would be on em like white on rice bud. I see through your memes bro. Unprotected first from Vegas is a damn fair trade. Stop lying

I didn't say anything about his value, I just said he scored a goal for us already this season.

I don't think any Vegas fan said anything about Manson, that was someone else. I wouldn't expect him to be traded in the division. Martinez is old and the Kings have no hope of challenging for the remainder of his contract and he probably isn't going to be much to talk about after that. I could see that trade in the division.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I didn't say anything about his value, I just said he scored a goal for us already this season.

I don't think any Vegas fan said anything about Manson, that was someone else. I wouldn't expect him to be traded in the division. Martinez is old and the Kings have no hope of challenging for the remainder of his contract and he probably isn't going to be much to talk about after that. I could see that trade in the division.

Have you seen the division? 3 teams are in rebuild mode for the next 2-3 seasons. I think if anything the Division leaders and Kings and Ducks and Sharks don’t give a damn. We’re all taking best value. I bet 100 bucks if Vegas offered a first for Tofolli they wouldn’t blink twice for trading in the division. Same with Ducks on Manson.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Have you seen the division? 3 teams are in rebuild mode for the next 2-3 seasons. I think if anything the Division leaders and Kings and Ducks and Sharks don’t give a damn. We’re all taking best value. I bet 100 bucks if Vegas offered a first for Tofolli they wouldn’t blink twice for trading in the division. Same with Ducks on Manson.

I don't think Vegas should be going that big on the trade but McPhee is our GM so it could happen.

brokenwolf88

Nov 27, 2017
I want Vegas to take a look at Barrie. They have 5 first round picks in the next two drafts. They'll go shopping.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Petry is the best D discussed in this thread imo. And I think he can be available for the right price, which would probably be a 1st + good prospect + cap dump.

Now, the question is : What Vegas want?? A top 3 D that can push them further in their cup run?? Or more of a filler to stabilize the D??

let’s not forget Petry still has another year after this one and , imo, could still be a top 3 D for 3-4 more years.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
If Vegas pony up its realistic. Kings can retain cap and absorb a short term cap dump to help make the cap work, but it would obviously cost. I'd prefer he went out of div but it is possible.

What can vegas offer for him?

According to one executive (in Lebrun's article), the market value for Martinez is a second and a prospect. It might depend on what else the Knights would have to pay when they "pony up."

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He is one of the dumbest players I can remember seeing in the NHL and I've seen him make selfish plays over and over again that can lead to penalty issues. Particularly in the playoffs, when the intensity goes up, his short fuse is a major liability.

I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.
Ok well, I would agree with this based on his olay a few years ago 100 percent. He has simplified alot D.J Smith has really helped him and he has been solid this year. Your opinion isnt wrong just based on watching him play this year it is a little out dated. The progression has been there. I am not saying he is a world beater he has just settled into his role well as a tough bottom pair d man.

Demelo is a much better fit for Vegas in my opinion.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

stop trying to get more 1st picks in this draft, Sens will have them all!

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
Subban isn't going anywhere, and I think the preference is to extend Vatanen.

If Vegas wants to talk RHD, I'd be interested in their offer for Severson (25 yo; $4.167M through 2022-23). Our objective would likely be a hockey trade for a top-4 LHD, and I can't imagine that's a deal Vegas would be able to do.
Bad idea for a team that needs to continue rebuilding.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
According to one executive (in Lebrun's article), the market value for Martinez is a second and a prospect. It might depend on what else the Knights would have to pay when they "pony up."

He'd be worth that. He may get a bit more if LA are retaining cap

Reactions: Reaper45 and BHD

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Gustafsson played his right side for most of last season and most of this. The only reason he’s back on the left is because Boqvist is now with the Hawks.
Both Schmidt, & Theodore play on the right too despite being LHD's(and Holden can play RD too, well, as well as he can play LD anyway), it's not about if he can play RD or not, it's about if he's a RH dman.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Both Schmidt, & Theodore play on the right too despite being LHD's(and Holden can play RD too, well, as well as he can play LD anyway), it's not about if he can play RD or not, it's about if he's a RH dman.

This is correct.

Not uncommon to find a LHD who plays better at RD, since there are more LHD and so when developing more have to play the RD and become more accustomed to it, Brannstrom is apparently an example as he prefers it and Vegas was playing him there in the AHL and Belleville is, but the Sens insist on playing him on the left and he isn't playing as well.

But Vegas already has defensemen doing that and need a RHD for better balance. Having them all be LHD is something teams want to avoid. You want at least one, preferably two RHD.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The problem i have with trading for Barrie is that he is a ufa after this year. Don't know if the Knights have the cap space to afford his new contract. What is he looking for anyways?

Would rather go after someone with a bit of term.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00