Rumor: Vegas looking to add to its blue line

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Yep, all are decent options. I think DeMelo especially would be attractive due to his low cap hit. But I kinda hope we keep him. Funny enough, I feel like Boro would be an amazing fit in VGK. Its tough for me to gauge his value, though, and I kind of think we'll re-sign him.

I think, if they are all traded, DeMelo will be dealt for a 2nd + 3rd or more; Boro a 3rd + 4th or more; and Hainsey for whatever we can get (4th or 5th).

Yeah I think Boro could essentially be their Engelland replacement, so they may try to sign him. Therefore, maybe we could garner a larger return than we otherwise would have.

Reactions: philb613

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
A little out there in left field....but for whatever reason Tyson Barrie just hasn’t worked out for the leafs.

I think he’d be a perfect fit with Vegas with his puck moving abilities.

Obviously no clue if Leafs even entertain trading Barrie but if it comes to it..Vegas would make sense imo

With Rielly out for eight weeks, Barrie will be hugely important on the Maple Leafs power play for the next two months.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Any interest in Erik Gustafsson? Hawks can easily take back any one-year money that Vegas needs to dump to make it work, but Gustafsson is very cheap this year.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Yep, all are decent options. I think DeMelo especially would be attractive due to his low cap hit. But I kinda hope we keep him. Funny enough, I feel like Boro would be an amazing fit in VGK. Its tough for me to gauge his value, though, and I kind of think we'll re-sign him.

I think, if they are all traded, DeMelo will be dealt for a 2nd + 3rd or more; Boro a 3rd + 4th or more; and Hainsey for whatever we can get (4th or 5th).

Borowiecki is awful. I can't imagine anyone giving up assets to add him.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Been solid this year believe it or not, adds alot of toughness good on the pk, would be usefull on a bottom pair for anyone in the playoffs low cap hit. He likely returns a 3rd.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Meh, you're just straight-up wrong, then. One of the most physical DMen in the league, on pace for ~10 goals and 30pts, and can play a regular shift. He's not a top 4 guy but he's a legit bottom pair guy with incredibly unique elements. Guarantee he will get a decent return if dealt.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Yeah I think Boro could essentially be their Engelland replacement, so they may try to sign him. Therefore, maybe we could garner a larger return than we otherwise would have.

"Heeeeeeey Knights fans, what you do need?"
"Less Engelland!"
"What's that? More Engelland? We got you fam!"

Reactions: topdawg

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Glad to see your back and healthy.
Brady skeij isn't returning back 4 second round picks.

thanks for the warm welcome back

ok, but that is 4 2nds over 2 years not all now, and Rangers are kicking in cap space, Vegas winds up w/almost 1.5 surplus from this deal if I remember.

So what do you think works

Reactions: IcedJuicebox

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
thanks for the warm welcome back

ok, but that is 4 2nds over 2 years
not all now, and Rangers are kicking in cap space, Vegas winds up w/almost 1.5 surplus from this deal if I remember.

So what do you think works

No clue, but not 4 second round picks. I just don't see Vegas having any interest in skeij. On the left side they already have Schmidt, Theodore, Hague, McNabb already. So adding skeij to that even with the rangers taking back Merrill and Holden. On top of his contract and cap hit. To me it's just a bad deal for Vegas.

Reactions: IcedJuicebox

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
No clue, but not 4 second round picks. I just don't see Vegas having any interest in skeij. On the left side they already have Schmidt, Theodore, Hague, McNabb already. So adding skeij to that even with the rangers taking back Merrill and Holden. On top of his contract and cap hit. To me it's just a bad deal for Vegas.

Ok.
On top of this vegas is looking thread,
there was another larger thread about Skjei + to vegas in a larger deal b'c GK's are looking for a blueliner.
Figured this was more minimal.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Haha I actually like Engelland, he’s just old as dirt.

You want him? I'd be okay giving a mid pick just to get him off the roster.

The Knights either need a legit top 4 RD to play with Theodore or a guy like Colin Miller who can anchor a 3rd pair and excels at moving the puck.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

The Knights either need a legit top 4 RD to play with Theodore or a guy like Colin Miller who can anchor a 3rd pair and excels at moving the puck.

Engelland has been good enough this year, some posters are way too hard on him. He is fine as a 6D and PK. They just need to rest him and he would probably play better. He shouldn't play more than 55 games at this point.

I honestly wouldn't mind him being our 7-8D and playing around 30 games next season. Especially at league minimum.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver

Well given it’s the Sens you’re talking about in terms of taking him, if it were in a deal for Boro/DeMelo you’d have to upgrade whatever pick is coming our way for the trouble. Hainsey would do fine as a #6 for you guys too. Us taking back Engelland doesn’t make sense given where we are, and what we are trying to do. I don’t think your GM would trade him either, given his roots. He’d likely just sit.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Engelland has been good enough this year, some posters are way too hard on him. He is fine as a 6D and PK. They just need to rest him and he would probably play better. He shouldn't play more than 55 games at this point.

I honestly wouldn't mind him being our 7-8D and playing around 30 games next season. Especially at league minimum.

Agree to disagree. He's quite clearly the worst dman on the team in my opinion. He wouldn't look quite so bad if he were only playing 15 minutes a game on the 3rd pair with a partner that could skate and move the puck, but that really isn't a high bar.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Well given it’s the Sens you’re talking about in terms of taking him, if it were in a deal for Boro/DeMelo you’d have to upgrade whatever pick is coming our way for the trouble. Hainsey would do fine as a #6 for you guys too. Us taking back Engelland doesn’t make sense given where we are, and what we are trying to do. I don’t think your GM would trade him either, given his roots. He’d likely just sit.

I know they wouldn't actually move him. I just wish they would because that's the only way I see him getting out of the lineup. Definitely can't see any interest in Boro or Hainsey though. Our biggest need is a guy that can skate well and move the puck, ideally a guy that could also be trusted to cover for Theo.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I know they wouldn't actually move him. I just wish they would because that's the only way I see him getting out of the lineup. Definitely can't see any interest in Boro or Hainsey though. Our biggest need is a guy that can skate well and move the puck, ideally a guy that could also be trusted to cover for Theo.

DeMelo sounds perfect via that description.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal

Chiarot or Petry available in Montréal.

Petry would be the perfect fit for Vegas. But can you pay the right price? With Petry, Vegas could be a bigger Stanley Cup contender.

What would you sacrifice...

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Any interest in Erik Gustafsson or Olli Maatta?

Chicago can take any contract you need to dump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad