Rumor: Vegas looking to add to its blue line

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
You can say that for sure. After the head coach firing? I don’t know what direction they go In. The damn team is in playoff contention.

So I wish we had some knights fans in here. Why fire a coach mid season? When your team is 3 pts back for number 1 in the pacific????
While they were 3pts back from 1st in the Pacific, overall they were 18th in the league. Before we got Stone last season we were trending downwards, we were underachieving this season, and a long losing streak(second of the season) seemed to break the camel's back.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
While they were 3pts back from 1st in the Pacific, overall they were 18th in the league. Before we got Stone last season we were trending downwards, we were underachieving this season, and a long losing streak(second of the season) seemed to break the camel's back.

I mean, having thought it over this team has teetered on the brink. In that first losing streak, we broke it and turned around for a while on the back of that goal with a few seconds to tie the game and then won. If that goal doesn't go in then the team may have spiraled. Then right before this losing streak we won a game against the Blues we probably don't win most of the time.

Then, when Gallant got upset about the question about only beating bad teams and not beating good teams, was that something he heard from McCrimmon and McPhee? He got very upset at that.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
The Canucks aren't going to help out Vegas though.

Help out? No, no we aren't.

Finding a deal that benefits both sides? We can do that.

Unless I misread the thread and you want him for future considerations...

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The Knights have a first world problem, the D core is full of guys rated say 4-8 out of 10, but not enough stars and that can't be solved right now. There are no glaring holes, just spots where the team wishes it had a better option. So the typical TDL deals don't really work because you are either just giving up futures or dumping guys you don't want, but those aren't going to get you a quality top 4 you take into the future. Something like a deal for Dumba and maybe Petry could work, but I don't see most of these other deals as being real upgrades that changes the team's future. Martinez would be a nice player and certainly could draw in most games, but he's like 1 grade better than Merrill or Holden when those guys are getting regular time.

One issue I do have with the management (and no I'm not terribly bothered by the coaching change, I think Gallant's time would have been coming to an end anyways without a deep run this spring) is their telegraphing the message no rentals. Of course you can profess to not like them and everyone understands their downsides, but at the right price a guy like a Barrie for one season might be just what is needed so Hague and the other prospects at D get more time in Chicago. Or a solidifying third liner could overcome the Eakin black hole long enough to get Glass on solid footing, or maybe pass the baton to Krebs next year. Rentals don't always make sense, but to me this team does really feel like it could be elite with one or two additions and the pipeline and cap space coming is good enough to take the hit.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Petry (50% retained) vs 2021 1st + Korczak + Morozov or Dorofeyev ???

I could live with giving up Dorofeyev, but I wouldn't want to part with Korczak for less than 2 years term. Korczak would be needed to fill the void if Petry left in 2 years.

It would have to be something like a conditional 2022 1st if Petry re-signs.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
How about Colin Miller for some forward help for the Sabres? You can have Bogosian for free if you want as well.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
I could live with giving up Dorofeyev, but I wouldn't want to part with Korczak for less than 2 years term. Korczak would be needed to fill the void if Petry left in 2 years.

It would have to be something like a conditional 2022 1st if Petry re-signs.

So if you don't resign Petry we only get Korczak and Dorofeyev, no picks? That would be a no for me.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
2nd round pick grezlyk and zboril. Fair?

That's still a no. They're not selling Tuch, so it doesn't make sense for them to do a quantity over quality deal.

So if you don't resign Petry we only get Korczak and Dorofeyev, no picks? That would be a no for me.

Uh, no that's not what I said. A conditional pick + Dorofeyev +pick(s) sounds fair.

And to be clear no they shouldn't give up Korczak at all.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
As a fan of both teams it doesn't make any sense. From the Ducks stand point it would be selling low. And from the other side that isn't the type of player the Knights are looking for, with his current play. Most I'd move would be like a 2nd and a 3rd.

What would it take to sell Manson right now from the Ducks' perspective?

As in taking account not selling him low based on his current play/value, but not expecting the type of value he could command two years ago after his best season.

I would imagine it would be more than a 2nd and a 3rd, but how much more would it take for the Ducks to feel comfortable moving him right now?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
What would it take to sell Manson right now from the Ducks' perspective?

As in taking account not selling him low based on his current play/value, but not expecting the type of value he could command two years ago after his best season.

I would imagine it would be more than a 2nd and a 3rd, but how much more would it take for the Ducks to feel comfortable moving him right now?

From the Leafs I'd want one of Sandin or Liljegren, but I understand why that wouldn't make sense given his current play. It ultimately just doesn't make sense for the Ducks to trade him now unless they get an overpayment.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Gustafsson is available from Chicago if they are looking for offense. Boqvist and Mitchell will basically push gustafsson out of future plans for offensive top 4 dmen and Chicago will not put him third pair with whatever contract demands he has this summer (I'll guess $4+ mil)

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
From the Leafs I'd want one of Sandin or Liljegren, but I understand why that wouldn't make sense given his current play. It ultimately just doesn't make sense for the Ducks to trade him now unless they get an overpayment.

Thanks for the info. I don't want the thread to get too off-topic since this isn't technically a Manson thread, but would we have to add to them or is it straight up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->