Rumor: Vegas looking to add to its blue line

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If Vegas can make the cap work, the Wild will probably be shopping Brodin and/or Dumba.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Weird what’s going on with the Knights this year. They definitely lost some of their identity, need to shore up the D for sure

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Weird what’s going on with the Knights this year. They definitely lost some of their identity, need to shore up the D for sure
They don't play with the speed and intensity they did in season 1. Strong 5 man fore and back check, high pressure on the puck carrier. Now that just turn up from time to time, The "Great" games this season (and really last season too) Would probably at most only be good. Without the speed and intensity the D really get exposed for what they are...

Son of Petter

Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Totally. Speed was their identity and they moved away from it. Also I might be higher than a lot of ppl on Bellemare but he’s a great defensive C. They’ve been bleeding goals for the last while.
They don't play with the speed and intensity they did in season 1. Strong 5 man fore and back check, high pressure on the puck carrier. Now that just turn up from time to time, The "Great" games this season (and really last season too) Would probably at most only be good. Without the speed and intensity the D really get exposed for what they are...

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Totally. Speed was their identity and they moved away from it. Also I might be higher than a lot of ppl on Bellemare but he’s a great defensive C. They’ve been bleeding goals for the last while.

Roy and the Stephenson trade could have addressed that.

But they definitely could have avoided it by trading Eakin and keeping Haula and Bellemare. I thought for sure Eakin, Miller and Reaves would have been traded, even if Gusev was traded also or not but they had a bad offseason and this season is bearing that.

Reactions: Son of Petter

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

The problem isn't that they are slower skating. I'd make the argument that this group of forwards is faster than the group that went to the Cup Final. Patches>Perron. Stone>Neal Stastny<Haula Stephenson>Bellemare.

The real problem is every single night there are 4 dmen that handle the puck like a grenade and one who is having an identity crisis. They get behind due to shoddy defense/goaltending and then the d can't put forwards in good spots offensively. Forwards start gripping their sticks and trying to do too much and things continue to spiral.

Son of Petter

Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
This is probably the best summary.
The problem isn't that they are slower skating. I'd make the argument that this group of forwards is faster than the group that went to the Cup Final. Patches>Perron. Stone>Neal Stastny<Haula Stephenson>Bellemare.

The real problem is every single night there are 4 dmen that handle the puck like a grenade and one who is having an identity crisis. They get behind due to shoddy defense/goaltending and then the d can't put forwards in good spots offensively. Forwards start gripping their sticks and trying to do too much and things continue to spiral.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

You can say that for sure. After the head coach firing? I don’t know what direction they go In. The damn team is in playoff contention.

So I wish we had some knights fans in here. Why fire a coach mid season? When your team is 3 pts back for number 1 in the pacific????

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
How they’ve done what they’ve done with the blue line they have had has always baffled me.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
How they’ve done what they’ve done with the blue line they have had has always baffled me.

It's almost no different than what the Jets have done this year with their blueline. Clearly it's possible to be a playoff team without a good d-core.

The finals run was baffling though. Deryk Engelland playing like a bonafide top 4 D at the age of 35 sums it up.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007

Alec Martinez from the LA Kings will certainly take care of 1 of those 4 dmen spots. Still skates fluidly and handles the puck with care. He did have a wrist injury (caused by a skate) 2 months ago, but that has healed and doesn't seem to be affecting him at all. He's averaging 20 minutes a night since coming back. He makes 4 mil a year for this season and next. Not asking for a big hit, but the said line may be a 2nd and a prospect. Propose this:

To Vegas: Alec Martinez (25-50% retained)

To LA: Vegas's 2019 2nd round selection, Kaedan Korczak RD

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Stecher? For either the first or hundredth time in this thread?

Hes on an expiring RFA contract, youngish guy with top 4 experience, skates well, does a lot of things well, and my only real knock against him is his size. Rafferty tearing the AHL up is making him seem like he will be able to try out in the NHL before the seasons out.

Picks, prospects or low salary guys preferred, or we can include a cap dump if salary higher than Stechers 2.325 cap hit have to be included.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Stecher? For either the first or hundredth time in this thread?

Hes on an expiring RFA contract, youngish guy with top 4 experience, skates well, does a lot of things well, and my only real knock against him is his size. Rafferty tearing the AHL up is making him seem like he will be able to try out in the NHL before the seasons out.

Picks, prospects or low salary guys preferred, or we can include a cap dump if salary higher than Stechers 2.325 cap hit have to be included.

The Canucks aren't going to help out Vegas though.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
You can say that for sure. After the head coach firing? I don’t know what direction they go In. The damn team is in playoff contention.

So I wish we had some knights fans in here. Why fire a coach mid season? When your team is 3 pts back for number 1 in the pacific????

There's been Knights fans in the thread.

As for why to fire the coach? I don't know, I don't think we can know that until we see what DeBoer does once he gets settled and a handle on the lineup.

If he makes adjustments to their game, plays Glass at center when he returns, and benches Eakin, with other lineup changes then I could say the way management thought personnel were handled was wrong under Gallant.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
What’s your offer for Manson?

As a fan of both teams it doesn't make any sense. From the Ducks stand point it would be selling low. And from the other side that isn't the type of player the Knights are looking for, with his current play. Most I'd move would be like a 2nd and a 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad