GDT: Trade Deadline - This Time, it's Personnel

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
They're going to be in cap hell. I wonder if they'll be looking to move guys coming off their ELC.

I wonder what the price on Lias Andersson is. Maybe we can fleece the Rangers for once :sarcasm:

I think they are actually really well positioned. Lundqvist and Staal is $14.2 million gone after next season if not sooner. They have a ton of real good players on ELC's. I think they are in a good spot to do a quick rise to contention like the Jets did from 2016 to 2018.

HHel

Feb 26, 2018
I
They're going to be in cap hell. I wonder if they'll be looking to move guys coming off their ELC.

I wonder what the price on Lias Andersson is. Maybe we can fleece the Rangers for once :sarcasm:
I wouldn't touch Lias for any price, but Chytil is good. He would be good fit for us.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
A rumor I heard was the Jets wanted Manson but the cost the Ducks wanted was 2020 1st,2020 2nd,Samberg and Roslovic

Way, way "too much"for Manson -- that would be insane to make a deal like that. The Jet's should just stand pat for now.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
How crazy would it be if Ladd blocked the deal with his no-trade? Makes more money playing in the A...no escrow!

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Athanasiou great pick up for oilers! Not sure what they gave up yet but that would’ve been nice pick up as rfa.
Two 2nds. That’s a good deal. Stevie helping Holland out. Kid can score, had 30 last year. Sneaky good trade. I like it. RFA is big thing here.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I’d be thrilled to be proven wrong but based on everything we’ve ever seen from the coach, I’d be absolutely floored if he inserts a guy straight out of college hockey into the regular lineup. I completely agree that he is exactly what this lineup needs.

Think that depends on the player - also whether or not we are in the PO race.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Athanasiou great pick up for oilers! Not sure what they gave up yet but that would’ve been nice pick up as rfa.
Two 2nds. That’s a good deal. Stevie helping Holland out. Kid can score, had 30 last year. Sneaky good trade. I like it. RFA is big thing here.

Something to think about for anyone wanting to deal Ehlers...

His value is probably a bit higher because he has term, but the statistical profile is not a lot different.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Trading Buff is still on option even past the deadline . Since he won't be playing this year, his rights can still be traded for futures. Not getting the sense this will happen though.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
We have the top end talent on this team what we need is the depth. we have a bunch of ahl guys playing regular roles and it's making us have to overplay our stars. if you can get a 4th line that can play 10 mins and chip in more then once every 30 games that would help immensely, also getting a bottom pair that doesn't have bitetto/sbisa/beaulieu would also go a very very long way.

Go a very very long way to achieve what objective?

Pleased if Chevy ends the day standing pat.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
GM Kevin Cheveldayoff presser

Topics: Were they close on anything today? Not wanting to trade draft picks to make a move? Could the Jets have been buyers and sellers today? Rewarding this group, how does he feel his team responded? How did the last two losses impact his decision making today? How did the current team injuries impact this trade deadline? Status of Josh Morrissey? Any AHL moves. More on Dustin Byfuglien. Question on Byfuglien contract status. Was he hindered by cap space? Could this summer be a lot different in terms of flexibility? When did he become aware of Byfuglien's status for this season? Does he know Byfuglien's status for next season?

To listen click here.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Go a very very long way to achieve what objective?

Pleased if Chevy ends the day standing pat.
it would make us a better hockey team. your argument was that depth wouldn't help us, mine was that it's what we need because we have the top end talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad