GDT: Trade Deadline - This Time, it's Personnel

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Lets try and keep it to confirmed deals and leave the rumours in Tradecentre Edition, already posted this in Around the NHL, Habs retain 50% and sent Kovy to the Caps for a 3rd, and Bogo signed with the Bolts for 1.3M.

Reactions: Jets 31

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Chevy, don't do anything stupid.

3q3hk1.jpg

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The Jet's need to be patient before trading off any of our young stars, like Ehers or Connor, or any of them.

To trade Ehlers is outright stupid. The hardest thing to find in the NHL is young guys, that are fast, can score, lead a rush, and are on very affordable contracts.

You have to look to tomorrow, and think long term here.

1) We have Samberg up and coming -- big strong defenseman.

2) This Chisholm guy -- a 5th rounder who's a right defenseman, is having a career year with the Marlies. He'sa over a point a game, and is 6'1 and 195 lbs, and very fast from what I read. This guy just may be the diamond in the rough we're looking for.

Along with this --we have good cap space available left from the Buff situation to sign a key player. I say -- "be patient."

We need to be long sighted --and think longer term here. and we'll do great.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Not really anything worth selling. We’re probably best standing pat for now unless a hockey trade is made available. Don’t expect us to be too busy and frankly I hope we’re not busy.

One nice thing is virtually everybody was available for yesterday's game. That means there likely weren't any trades brewing at that time.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Not really anything worth selling. We’re probably best standing pat for now unless a hockey trade is made available. Don’t expect us to be too busy and frankly I hope we’re not busy.

100% this ^^

Reactions: Duke749

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Selling is unlikely after 2 modest buys. The exception might be Buff if anyone is willing to take his situation on which is very unlikely. The possibility of moving out Niku exists but I'm not sure what the market is, but maybe Chevy looks to recoup a draft pick. A long shot would be for a hockey trade to come together in the count down to the TD. But I guess it is possible.

Reactions: Duke749

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
We need to acquire a solid middle-pair dman and maybe a third line centre type - oh wait :sarcasm:

Doubt we'll do much else, I don't want to do the standard 2C trade unless we can actually re-sign that person

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I’m curious if Rangers trade Kreider now that they are in the race? I think he goes to Avs. I see Montreal moving more out. I wonder if there is a hockey trade to be had somewhere today too?

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
The poor performance of this team in the last two games was due in part by players wishing NOT to be traded. After the trade deadline today I expect the players to perform better.

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
The Jets already made their "big" move with Eakin. I don't expect there to be any top players moving or any top picks moving either.

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad