Votes: 152 68.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
2nd intermission Liam and Ace talking about Aho and how this is where you go from "star", to "superstar". Hmm, seems like Kreider stole his premature thunder. Aho had a nice series, but who eventually won?

Biz; "When the Rangers BLOW this series, (Not "when the Canes win this series"........I want that blown up, framed and signed by Jordan Martinook." EAT them effin' words! Kiss it! How's that Crow? Tender?

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I didnt even listen to the in between period stuff. Boucher was doing enough Canes ball lapping during the game. His color commentary is definitely skewed.
Boucher sounded impressed by the Rangers comeback win and gave them full credit. Jon Scott pissed me off on his podcast, saying Carolina gave the game away and we did nothing to earn it. He can f*** off.

Probably the same person who didn't vote for Christopher James Kreider.
That was almost 100 percent!!

He's made numerous plays like that throughout the year, it's just that nobody was ever there to pound it in. Hey, I'm not saying he's Paul Coffey, but he's not as bad as many feel here. Man, I hate having to defend him, but somebody has to.
I have to defend him. Look at my user profile pic and name!! LOL

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
“Kreider’s Hat Trick: The Ultimate Playoff Showdown”

In the heart of Madison Square Garden, the New York Rangers faced their fiercest rivals, the Carolina Hurricanes. The stakes were high—the winner would advance to the Eastern Conference Finals, and the loser would be sent packing faster than a Zamboni on steroids.

Chris Kreider, the Rangers’ burly left winger, had a secret. Beneath his hockey gear, he wore a tattered “Die Hard” tank top, the one John McClane sported while battling terrorists in Nakatomi Plaza. Kreider believed it was his lucky charm, even though it smelled like a locker room after a triple-overtime game.

The game was tied 3-3, and the clock ticked down. Kreider skated like a man possessed, channeling his inner Schwarzenegger. He’d watched “Predator” the night before, and now he imagined himself as Dutch, covered in mud, ready to take down an otherworldly opponent.

The puck slid toward Kreider. He swung his stick, and time slowed. The crowd gasped as the puck deflected off Jordan Staal’s shin guard, ricocheted off the crossbar, and landed in Kreider’s waiting hands. He grinned. “Come with me if you want to score!” he muttered, channeling his inner Terminator.

Kreider charged toward the net, weaving through defenders like a jungle commando. Goalie Petr Mrazek lunged, but Kreider executed a perfect wraparound—a move he’d learned from watching YouTube clips of Wayne Gretzky and the T-1000. The puck slid past Mrazek’s outstretched pad, and the Garden erupted.

“Yippee ki-yay, hockey fans!” Kreider shouted, raising his arms. The crowd roared, and somewhere in the stands, Bruce Willis shed a single tear of pride.

But the Hurricanes weren’t done. They pulled Mrazek for an extra attacker, and the tension thickened like molasses. Kreider glanced at the clock—only seconds remained. He’d seen this scenario before: the final showdown in “Die Hard,” when McClane faced Hans Gruber on the rooftop.

The puck came to Kreider again. He channeled his inner McClane, dodging sticks like bullets. With a flick of his wrist, he sent the puck sailing into the empty net. “Yippee ki-yay, Mother Puckers!” he yelled, celebrating his hat trick.

The Rangers won 5-3, and Kreider’s tank top was drenched in sweat. As he skated off the ice, he imagined himself as the last surviving soldier in “Predator,” covered in mud and victorious. The crowd chanted his name: “Kreider! Kreider!”

In the locker room, Kreider peeled off the tank top. “Thanks, Bruce,” he whispered, folding it carefully. He knew that somewhere, John McClane and the Predator were raising a glass to him.

And so, Chris Kreider—the Die Hard, Predator, and Terminator 2 mashup—became a legend. His hat trick would echo through hockey history, a tale of heroism, movie references, and a dash of absurdity.

And as the Garden lights dimmed, Kreider winked at the camera. “I’ll be back,” he promised. Because in the playoffs, anything was possible—even a hockey player with a penchant for '80s action movies.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Any solid evidence of flu hitting the locker room or just speculation?

I hadn't read that anywhere until this thread.
It seems pretty solid to me.

Chytil is mysteriously out and Kreider mysteriously missed practice.

Brooks saying it is always a pretty decent indication.

Something is definitely going around the area. Everyone and their grandmother is sneezing and coughing.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
You guys have a clear path to the Cup honestly.

You guys can handle Boston or Florida. And I feel like you guys would match up the best with Dallas vs the speed of the Oilers or Vancouver.

But I am firmly on this playoff bandwagon. Don’t get scared and stressed at the adversity, coming through that adversity makes the wins that much better.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
It seems pretty solid to me.

Chytil is mysteriously out and Kreider mysteriously missed practice.

Brooks saying it is always a pretty decent indication.

Something is definitely going around the area. Everyone and their grandmother is sneezing and coughing.
Panarin saying Keieder woke up gives me reason to believe he was sick.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
You guys have a clear path to the Cup honestly.

You guys can handle Boston or Florida. And I feel like you guys would match up the best with Dallas vs the speed of the Oilers or Vancouver.

But I am firmly on this playoff bandwagon. Don’t get scared and stressed at the adversity, coming through that adversity makes the wins that much better.
I wouldn’t write Colorado off. Even with Nichushkin in the gulag, they can come back especially since Hintz is out for game 6, and they are the scariest opponent remaining imo

Reactions: egelband

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Does anyone have Sam's call on Kreider's first and second goals? Of course, the third goal was the wildest, but I want to hear the buildup of hope/"is this really happening?" in Sam's voice.
It’s everywhere, on YouTube, Hf etc. I will say Sam kept I under control until the winning goal

Reactions: will1066

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Biz; "When the Rangers BLOW this series, (Not "when the Canes win this series"........I want that blown up, framed and signed by Jordan Martinook." EAT them effin' words! Kiss it! How's that Crow? Tender?
maxresdefault.jpg

Say what you will about Biz, but he looks FANTASTIC for a 39 year old!

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I wouldn’t write Colorado off. Even with Nichushkin in the gulag, they can come back especially since Hintz is out for game 6, and they are the scariest opponent remaining imo
Colorado lacks the depth that a lot of the other playoff teams have, but their top end talent is still the best remaining, imo.

machphantom

Oct 22, 2011
Kreider's likelihood of going into the rafters moved from 60% to 80% after last night.
In twenty years when Kreider pops in to MSG for big games as a Ranger alum, I’m almost certain last night’s game will be the clip they use to introduce him nearly every time.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Do you guys think that the TSN announcer's "can you believe it?" was a generic call or an homage to Gary Thorne's call on Messier's hat trick goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad