GDT: Trade Deadline - This Time, it's Personnel

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
We are on pace for 88 points and that is with large chunks of exceptional goaltending from Helle. This team has huge personnel gaps that everyone is aware of. When ever has acquiring a 5/6 dman and a 4th line forward been a strategy of success for a bubble team? These players dont make us into anything different than what we already are. I hate to be in this situation given that we had a cup contending roster only 2 seasons ago, but we should be selling and restructuring/rebuilding.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
We are on pace for 88 points and that is with large chunks of exceptional goaltending from Helle. This team has huge personnel gaps that everyone is aware of. When ever has acquiring a 5/6 dman and a 4th line forward been a strategy of success for a bubble team? These players dont make us into anything different than what we already are. I hate to be in this situation given that we had a cup contending roster only 2 seasons ago, but we should be selling and restructuring/rebuilding.
We have the top end talent on this team what we need is the depth. we have a bunch of ahl guys playing regular roles and it's making us have to overplay our stars. if you can get a 4th line that can play 10 mins and chip in more then once every 30 games that would help immensely, also getting a bottom pair that doesn't have bitetto/sbisa/beaulieu would also go a very very long way.

Reactions: Neuf

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

I would hate to see a rebuild as well given the potential it looked like we had just 2 years ago, but maybe that's the solution. Ottawa is a disaster of their own making, but given all the selling they have done going into next years draft, they have potentially 14 picks. The Jets have 4 picks.

The problem is , who do we sell?

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
A rumor I heard was the Jets wanted Manson but the cost the Ducks wanted was 2020 1st,2020 2nd,Samberg and Roslovic

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
A rumor I heard was the Jets wanted Manson but the cost the Ducks wanted was 2020 1st,2020 2nd,Samberg and Roslovic
Surely that can’t be what they asked for in return :laugh:
Samberg will be better than him going forward. After his last two years Roslo and a first should get it done.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
I'm fine if we don't make any moves, doesn't seem to be much out there and everyone is going to be over paying. A solid D or C would be great if Chevy could find a way though. Hopefully re-sign Demelo for cheap.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
We have the top end talent on this team what we need is the depth. we have a bunch of ahl guys playing regular roles and it's making us have to overplay our stars. if you can get a 4th line that can play 10 mins and chip in more then once every 30 games that would help immensely, also getting a bottom pair that doesn't have bitetto/sbisa/beaulieu would also go a very very long way.

But go a very very long way to what/where?

Maybe it makes sense if our goal is to squeak into the playoffs for another drubbing and early exit.

I guess that's what we are shooting for now.

Reactions: thegr8one66

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Anyone worried about getting Simmonds can relax. Buffalo bulks up

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

You normally rebuild when you don't have the top end talent or that top end talent is rapidly declining. I don't think the Jets are there, the core is 27 or under. They just need to improve the bottom end of the lineup. Not worth rebuilding right now.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I think we'd want to improve on at least one of Poolman or Niku. I think Poolman as #7 and a UFA add as #6 or 3-4-5 would be quite likely. I think Niku is 50/50 to be qualified and even if he is he might be heading home for a bit.
Is Logan Stanley waiver eligible next year?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He's remarkably inconsistent though for a veteran. He's been probably our second best D on the whole for the past month, but easily could be one of the worst in the next month.

I'm really scared that the circumstances of this season will result in the Jets re-signing Kulikov to another 2 or 3 year deal at a similar cap hit.

I don't think there is even the faintest possibility of that. 1x1 maybe.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
This is the first time in years I have been home for the trade deadline. I forgot how boring it is. If I hear about another minor deal and second round draft picks I may pass out.

Reactions: hn777

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
I’d be thrilled to be proven wrong but based on everything we’ve ever seen from the coach, I’d be absolutely floored if he inserts a guy straight out of college hockey into the regular lineup. I completely agree that he is exactly what this lineup needs.

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad