GDT: Trade Deadline - This Time, it's Personnel

None

Feb 22, 2012
The Oilers, Islanders, and Hurricanes should be interesting to watch being the teams that made the biggest changes in my opinion.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
it would make us a better hockey team. your argument was that depth wouldn't help us, mine was that it's what we need because we have the top end talent.

My argument is that it doesn't make us meaningfully better. We would still be (and still are) a bubble team that is unlikely to squeak into the playoffs.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Being on the bubble, it's tough to commit either way. Two more wins, might have been buyers. Three more losses, might have been sellers.

Personally I'd always argue for not being buyers if you are a bubble team. If I remember correctly the Blues were sellers and still won the cup. IMO the amount of overpayment that happens every year warrants potential sales regardless of how well the team is doing.

Reactions: hn777

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
No. I have a low opinion of what adding a fourth line forward and a 5/6 defenseman does to improve an NHL team at the trade deadline.
depth is the biggest issue on the team though, it's more about what it's taking out then coming in. shaw/shore/bourque do nothing in the ozone and you can hardly play them, our top end guys have to carry 100% of the offense and are being over played. sbisa/bitetto/beaulieu are hardly ahl players that can't barely move the puck up the ice and as a result we are stuck in the dzone all night.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Alright looks like the servers are finally calm enough to use this site (how do they not fix it after this happens every year?)

A bit disappointed we didn't do anything today but at least we didn't do anything bad
Carolina seems to be loading up, guess they're going for it after that Toronto game
Kind of sad to see Marleau leave SJ again, but hope he does well in Pittsburgh
Vegas getting Lehner just makes them a bit harder to get past
Wonder if we could have done something like the Pageau trade + extension, but I don't think he's the guy to do it with

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
The Canes get Vatanen, Skjei and Trochek!!!
Wow

The Isles and Canes sure felt the heat of the Rangers rising up the standings. Two teams that desperately need some home playoff dates.

Florida trading Trochek tells me they don't really care if they make the playoffs. Honestly I don't think the NHL wants the embarrassment of a Miami team in the playoffs. It's not a money maker at the gate or on TV.
Could come down to Buffalo and Toronto for that 3rd place in the Atlantic, and after watching Krueger's team playing tight, I might put my money on the Sabres to sneak in.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
For the ducks haters the panel talked about how they used to have an embarrassment of riches on D with Montour, Theodore, Vatanen and how now they are an embarrassment trying to dig out of a hole. How did that happen :laugh:
And for all those years of Ehlers Ritchie debates, now it’s a Ehlers vs Heinen conversation :popcorn:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Could come down to Buffalo and Toronto for that 3rd place in the Atlantic, and after watching Krueger's team playing tight, I might put my money on the Sabres to sneak in.
I don't see them getting in. Really surprised they picked up Simmonds.

Reactions: hn777

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm fine with no moves today. As long as Morrissey is ok, plan gets his head out of his ass and we can keep our top 7 healthy the D corps is serviceable.

It's up to the forwards now. No more room for Buffaloian efforts.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Good one. You think Ehlers is worth slightly more than two 2nds? Glad youre not our GM.
Goodrow went for a first for crying out loud.

I don’t want to trade Ehlers...not sure how that’s what you got. Based on the trade market I doubt we recoup anything at this point that returns the same value as Ehlers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad