Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part I

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Get McTominay to Barcelona, get him running the show in the style of his manager and have all the oddballs with spreadsheets on twitter who hate him not knowing what to do with themselves. Delicious.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Dibs on Reece James, we'd have our right back position sorted for 10 years. Some other team can have Mount, he wouldn't play over our wonderkids anyway.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Where is Mbappe going?
Any chance he goes to Liverpool or Man City?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Leipzig isn't going to sell him this summer. He just got there. They say they aren't selling Nkunku either. Laimer is the one who may leave because he has one year left on his contract. I think the rest of their good players are staying.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Leipzig isn't going to sell him this summer. He just got there. They say they aren't selling Nkunku either. Laimer is the one who may leave because he has one year left on his contract. I think the rest of their good players are staying.
Gvardiol is probably gonna cost 60-70m if you can get Leipzig to sell this summer.
Next season, unless he gets injured, he'll have a WC behind him and probably another good season at Leipzig. He'll cost even more.

He's big, strong, fast, great with the ball (not just passing, he can dribble and go past people - play LB if needed, not just CB) and has captained all of his youth teams, seems to have his head in the right place, good mentality, etc.

Where ever he goes, that team will be lucky. He's gonna be one of the world's best defenders for the next 10-12 years - and he's fantastic already.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Laimer & Mukiele are both likely to leave as they only have 1 year left.

Nkunku is being offered a new contract for double the wages that will have a buyout clause somewhere around 70-80M next summer. If he doesn't sign, I think they'll sell him too as he only has 2 years left and PSG was reported to have already made an offer north of 60M, a month or two ago.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Where is Mbappe going?
Any chance he goes to Liverpool or Man City?

Realistically, Liverpool, no.

Man City? Likely no, as they've got Haaland lined up according to most accounts. If that were to break down, I guess you could see some movement, but probably not.

I think it's Madrid or PSG.

Reactions: LOGiK

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

There is some talk that Tottenham have decided to spend every available pound on players who are ready for the first team, even if it means de-prioritising and missing out on talented youngsters who under different circumstances they would love to sign.
Levy is understandably proud, then, of the fact that he has landed the best manager of his 21 years running Tottenham. And he wants to give Conte everything he needs, trying to keep him happy and at the club for next season.
So what will this mean in practice? Tottenham want a new left-sided centre-back, an upgrade on Ben Davies, and they are willing to pay for it. Neither Josko Gvardiol at RB Leipzig or Alessandro Bastoni at Inter will come cheap but they are Spurs’ top two targets in that position (now that Nico Schlotterbeck looks to be going to Borussia Dortmund). Then they want two new wing-backs, one on each side. They will want a back-up to Kane up front, a better back-up goalkeeper, and probably another midfielder too.

I don't think Gvardiol and Bastoni are realistic. N'Dicka would be my choice.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
In a surprising turn of events, Ginter will be returning to Freiburg on a free this summer to replace the Dortmund-bound Schlotterbeck.
I don't understand that one. Did they offer him the money that he wanted? He's still in the prime of his career and could've went to a club that will play in Europe every year. Freiburg probably will next season, but that may be it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't understand that one. Did they offer him the money that he wanted? He's still in the prime of his career and could've went to a club that will play in Europe every year. Freiburg probably will next season, but that may be it.

They are making him their top earner...but I think it's more about comfort/familiarity. He started his senior team career off with them, and Streich is an elite coach that I get wanting to play for again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad