Votes: 11 3.5%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 54 17.0%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.4%

• Total voters

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
When talking about size, weight is as important as height. Is Crosby undersized? Was Bergeron undersized? Suzuki is definitely not undersized man c'mon.
Are you being purposely obtuse? Bergeron is 6’1” and Krejci is 6’0. Malkin is 6’3”, and Crosby is an all-time great.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
When talking about size, weight is as important as height. Is Crosby undersized? Was Bergeron undersized? Suzuki is definitely not undersized man c'mon.

Players are either undersized or oversized.

No in between.

Players can't just be average sized. Like you know, nor big or small.

Therefore Suzuki is undersized.

/s

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I like David St. Louis as a scout. He made a top 16 mock draft, and has us taking Demidov. Yes, please!

This Blue Chip Prospect guy copied my mock. 9/16 hahahaahaha Jeez Louise. I posted mine!!

Thursday I posted this. He released his video yesterday.
I'm not sold on Chicago going 100% for Demidov.

This is my mock draft

View attachment 867808
1715451274704.png

Apr 28, 2010
A top 6 forward is drafting for needs. Dickinson is a top 2D, potentially a #1D. That's higher value and better pick for us.
Drafting for needs isn't a bad strategy. Dickinson isn't even the BPA at 5th. Our team needs more Iginla/Lindstrom type of players like right now.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
From what I see in the team's prospect pools and depth chart, my guess for the first four:

SJ - Celebrini
Chicago - Levshunov
Anaheim - Demidov
Columbus - Lindstrom (maybe Silayev)

So I think we're most likely going to be picking between Iginla, Sennecke, or Catton at 5.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
From what I see in the team's prospect pools and depth chart, my guess for the first four:

SJ - Celebrini
Chicago - Levshunov
Anaheim - Demidov

So I think we're most likely going to be picking between Iginla, Sennecke, or Catton at 5.
Go for Iginla and call it a day. Sennecke is fine toi

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

SJ - Celebrini
Chicago - Levshunov
Anaheim - Demidov

Those are my guesses too.

RD, Lindstrom or Demidov to Chicago
Demidov or Lindstrom to Anaheim, outside shot of maybe a LD but I think were hopeful.
Demidov, Silayev or Lindstrom in Colombus
We get Demidov, Lindstrom, Iginla or Catton.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Eiserman’s issues stem from concerns around coachability. He seems to be pretty arrogant and defiant in the face of criticism. And that wouldn’t be such a big deal except there are holes in his game.

To me, he has the highest ceiling. His goal totals are insane. But if you draft him and he doesn’t listen to what needs to be done? It’s a problem. I can see why he’s sliding.

Still would love to have him. Still think he’d work out here. But I’m perfectly fine with us going in a different direction. We can get sizzle from Demidov, Size and oughness from Lidstrom… lots of different options here.

Eiserman seems to be sliding. I like the idea of trading the Jets pick this year and Flames next year for Sharks second 1st round pick. I’d even throw in our first next year if it guaranteed we got Eiserman.

We have an abundance of prospects now. I’d rather we get higher quality. If we could somehow walk out of this draft with Lidstrom and Eiserman… I think we’re set.

I think that’s where having a coach like Marty can be a huge bonus, guy has won Art Ross twice you’d have to be incredibly dumb to not listen to him as a player. Wonder if he’s in the room for interviews

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Check out the scenario

1- Celebrini
2- Demidov
3- Dickinson
4- Lindstrom

Who do you pick at #5 ? Levshunov or Iginla or Catton ?
I take Levshunov.

As much as I love the idea of Iginla if Levshunov is there I think they take him and figure it out later, my guess Mailloux would be packaged for a top 6 in that scenario

Reactions: Lockin17

WentWughes

Apr 16, 2023
Check out the scenario

1- Celebrini
2- Demidov
3- Dickinson
4- Lindstrom

Who do you pick at #5 ? Levshunov or Iginla or Catton ?
I take Levshunov.
Worst case scenario is if Demidov and Lindstrom are off the board but I tend to agree. It would suck to leave a draft without a top offensive prospect but if Levshunov is the BPA on the Habs draft board they should go in that direction.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Two very likely candidates for our early second rounder IMO.
Habs don't have an early 2nd. Thar 2nd eas traded for Dvorak

For people who live on the west end of Ottawa and might want to check out a draft party...
1000006097.jpg

If the Habs keep their 3 7th round picks, his brother Jace might be worth a selection.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Xhekaj is not going anywhere unless the Habs’ medical staff were to determine that his shoulders will severely limit his effectiveness. On the contrary, seems that he’ll be fine.

Xhekaj is a no trade for now unless someone else with similar attributes is obtained.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Are you being purposely obtuse? Bergeron is 6’1” and Krejci is 6’0. Malkin is 6’3”, and Crosby is an all-time great.
Suzuki 20 lbs heavier than Krejci, but that inch makes all the difference. lol

NS 15 lbs heavier than average centerman. (197)

Reactions: Rozz

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Go for Iginla and call it a day. Sennecke is fine toi
We are fine to take a player that scored only 27 goals in the OHL and 68 pts in 63 games? Yes, great playoffs with 22 in 16.

I have a hard time picking a late riser like this. I know stats aren't everything and yes, I have watched Beckette Sennecke and he is very promising and projects well, but you're picking a project at 5, when Dickinson, Buium and Helenius are as much impactful or even more.

Reactions: bsl

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
Everyone should be happy if Leshunov is available and become the pick.

Guhle - Leshunov.
Hutson - Reinbacher.

That's insane top 4, guys!

They would easily trade one of Engstrom, Xhekaj, Mailloux for a young forward.
This is really hard to ignore. If Lindstrom and Demidov are gone and Levshunov is available we need to draft him. We will have the best defense in the NHL in a few years.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Everyone should be happy if Leshunov is available and become the pick.

Guhle - Leshunov.
Hutson - Reinbacher.

That's insane top 4, guys!

They would easily trade one of Engstrom, Xhekaj, Mailloux for a young forward.
No doubt that's a nice top4, but those young D that we'd trade won't get us the kind of quality forward that 5OA can net us. We risk missing out on our last chance to add a core piece at forward, and the Habs desperately need to cement themselves as a team that is led by its forwards. They say you build from the net out, yes, but if you can't finish off the build with elite scoring up front, you'll always be lacking. This in turn leads to GMs having to overpay and chase scoring forwards.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Suzuki 20 lbs heavier than Krejci, but that inch makes all the difference. lol

NS 15 lbs heavier than average centerman. (197)
Suzuki is a unicorn. The guy is incredibly strong and resilient. Not someone you gauge with an inch or two in height.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Suzuki is a unicorn. The guy is incredibly strong and resilient. Not someone you gauge with an inch or two in height.
I think we need to start measuring thickness haha. Height is overrated. It's all about comparing height/weight stats to the actual look/frame of the person. Some guys are thinner but strong AF (Pronger is a great example. Guy is huge but very slight, another would be Datsyuk) other guys are bigger but don't use their size. Suzuki with 2 inches added to his height would be seen as big guy. But IMO its because he's that height and has the thickness to get leverage and balance. It's similar to Crosby.

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
I think that he doesn't have specific skills, it's more the intangibles that comes with the pick:
  • Bloodlines
  • Work ethic
  • This year's Stats sheet
  • One of the yougest player of the draft
  • Plays the way Habs would like to play
Compared to Sennecke, let just say that Iginla seems safer. While Sennecke might have a greatest reward. But even if that's the case, I feel that Iginla's reward will be great.

But could they see Sennecke as Slaf V.2?
I think that Sennecke's season resembles Slafy's very much, not that it has much value in the big picture.

I’m hoping for Lidstrom
What??!! No more Eiserman?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad