Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part I

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
That’s a 250-300M window. There is not a single ownership group in the world that would give that amount in one window without some MAJOR cuts in costs…..

I don’t really think you do have to commit. Based on his form, we aren’t getting the price that he should cost and I think it’s not worth it to offer him a new contract yet. I genuinely think waiting even with its risks is worth it.

I mean Chelsea are rumored to be in on all of those players, and more. They're after two defenders at the minimum, Kounde seems locked in on the project. They've also been scouting Pau Torres heavily and Josko Gvardiol is someone who's come out as another target.

And then in midfield it's rumored that Chelsea are after a midfielder.

They do their business in a different way from most other clubs. Cobham pumps out money every single year to fund these transfers.

It's likely that we see a lot of departures via sale as well. Rumors with Lukaku, Pulisic, Werner, Jorginho, Alonso etc.

Could see Chelsea absolutely funding a huge window, and the new owner is going to want to make a splash as well.

I'm just hoping it's not on more passion merchant dross like Declan Rice. United can have him, please.

cheechoo

Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
The attack probably not getting sorted for another summer. Going to have to suffer with Lord Kai and then Mount, Pulisic/Ziyech (one likely stays), Broja, CHO... Yikes.

But with the departures of Rudiger and Christensen it has to be a defensive oriented window. Gallagher is probably coming back as well to supplant this dying midfield. Not the highest on him, I like Billy Gilmour more.

Levi Colwill (the best English CB since John Terry) is coming up from the championship also, it'll help reduce the blow of Antonio Rudiger.

Jude Bellingham + Star winger summer can wait til 2023.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I mean Chelsea are rumored to be in on all of those players, and more. They're after two defenders at the minimum, Kounde seems locked in on the project. They've also been scouting Pau Torres heavily and Josko Gvardiol is someone who's come out as another target.

They do their business in a different way from most other clubs. Cobham pumps out money every single year to fund these transfers.

It's likely that we see a lot of departures via sale as well. Rumors with Lukaku, Pulisic, Werner, Jorginho, Alonso etc.

Could see Chelsea absolutely funding a huge window, and the new owner is going to want to make a splash as well.

I'm just hoping it's not on more passion merchant dross like Declan Rice. United can have him, please.
They don’t do things a different way. They have big transfers yes but they aren’t spending that much in one window. It’s also not likely ALL those guys go. This isn’t FIFA.
The attack probably not getting sorted for another summer. Going to have to suffer with Lord Kai and then Mount, Pulisic/Ziyech (one likely stays), Broja, CHO... Yikes.

But with the departures of Rudiger and Christensen it has to be a defensive oriented window. Gallagher is probably coming back as well to supplant this dying midfield. Not the highest on him, I like Billy Gilmour more.

Levi Colwill (the best English CB since John Terry) is coming up from the championship also, it'll help reduce the blow of Antonio Rudiger.

Jude Bellingham + Star winger summer can wait til 2023.
Okay now I get it. You’re just a huge homer. Makes sense now. Mount and Kai are two of the best attacking players in the league. Gallagher should pretty much walk into your 18 with a high chance he’s starting. Same with Gilmour. Bump the brakes a bit on a 19 year old CB in the championship. You know who else looked great in a lower team? Tuanzebe, Zouma, Maguire, etc.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
What bothers me about this summer for Chelsea is that no one made us sell Marc Guehi and Fikayo Tomori when they were both (especially Guehi) always gonna be international quality

Reactions: Gecklund

cheechoo

Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
They don’t do things a different way. They have big transfers yes but they aren’t spending that much in one window. It’s also not likely ALL those guys go. This isn’t FIFA.

Okay now I get it. You’re just a huge homer. Makes sense now. Mount and Kai are two of the best attacking players in the league. Gallagher should pretty much walk into your 18 with a high chance he’s starting. Same with Gilmour. Bump the brakes a bit on a 19 year old CB in the championship. You know who else looked great in a lower team? Tuanzebe, Zouma, Maguire, etc.

Levi is a left footed Reece James.

Gallagher is fine. Not too technical, not great against the press - he's an energy merchant. Like Kante. Truthfully we need a player that can sit next to Kovacic and absorb pressure and retain possession. The transition has to be towards the vision of Pep and City. Just littered with ball players and less physical roadrunners.

I'm also lower on Mason Mount than most Chelsea fans. I think that position of #10 that he's currently occupying should be filled by a more natural playmaker. Look at Kulusevski and his impact. Ø at Arsenal is another unreal baller. I really rate Dani Olmo, but I don't think he's ever been rumored or linked with us. I also really like Joao Felix, he desperately need to be freed from the prison ball they ball at Atleti.

Kounde will be about ~50M's, Gvardiol will be, expensive and the Tchouameni arms race has ramped up.

I would take Maxence Caqueret at Lyon over Tchouameni for a fraction of the price. Check him out, unreal baller.

Gvardiol/Kounde/Caqueret window would be mindboggling, affordable and nowhere near the hyperbolic price tags you put on the window.

Sadly, Chelsea don't have a true DOF and they sign players for narrative reasons or to appeal the alcoholic section of the fanbase.

What bothers me about this summer for Chelsea is that no one made us sell Marc Guehi and Fikayo Tomori when they were both (especially Guehi) always gonna be international quality

Really bad business by Marina/Čech. Lampard pretty much pushed Tomori out the door, and then Guehi was a plant used to fund Lukaku. Tammy as well.

The buyback on Livramento is the only thing potentially saving us because he looks like an unreal RWB/RB and would have helped tremendously had he not been loaned out.

cheechoo

Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa

I will self destruct if he goes to Spurs.

The thing about Spurs are their talent ID is literally SSSSSS tier. But their pull is non-existent and they have to settle for scraps every window.

Get Tuchel his defender.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Levi is a left footed Reece James.

Gallagher is fine. Not too technical, not great against the press - he's an energy merchant. Like Kante. Truthfully we need a player that can sit next to Kovacic and absorb pressure and retain possession. The transition has to be towards the vision of Pep and City. Just littered with ball players and less physical roadrunners.

I'm also lower on Mason Mount than most Chelsea fans. I think that position of #10 that he's currently occupying should be filled by a more natural playmaker. Look at Kulusevski and his impact. Ø at Arsenal is another unreal baller. I really rate Dani Olmo, but I don't think he's ever been rumored or linked with us. I also really like Joao Felix, he desperately need to be freed from the prison ball they ball at Atleti.

Kounde will be about ~50M's, Gvardiol will be, expensive and the Tchouameni arms race has ramped up.

I would take Maxence Caqueret at Lyon over Tchouameni for a fraction of the price. Check him out, unreal baller.

Gvardiol/Kounde/Caqueret window would be mindboggling, affordable and nowhere near the hyperbolic price tags you put on the window.

Sadly, Chelsea don't have a true DOF and they sign players for narrative reasons or to appeal the alcoholic section of the fanbase.

Really bad business by Marina/Čech. Lampard pretty much pushed Tomori out the door, and then Guehi was a plant used to fund Lukaku. Tammy as well.

The buyback on Livramento is the only thing potentially saving us because he looks like an unreal RWB/RB and would have helped tremendously had he not been loaned out.
Kounde will definitely be closer to 80M. Caqueret will still cost 60M. Gvardiol is going to cost at least 70M if not closer to 100M. You’re still looking at 200-250M. Man I watch Ligue 1 as much as possible. Don’t tell me to check out a player that I’ve seen a ton.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Kounde will definitely be closer to 80M. Caqueret will still cost 60M. Gvardiol is going to cost at least 70M if not closer to 100M. You’re still looking at 200-250M. Man I watch Ligue 1 as much as possible. Don’t tell me to check out a player that I’ve seen a ton.
Caqueret is negociating a new deal but has out talks on hold because Milan is interested.
If you want him it's now.

Reactions: Gecklund

cheechoo

Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa

Bruno Guimaraes went to Newcastle for 50.
Lyon were desperately trying to give away Aouar a few window ago too
But the way less hyped Caq would cost 60M's

You've lost it.

Kounde will be in the 50-60 range. Gvardiol probably similar. Caq this summer would go for around 30 - the same way Tchouameni would have been a 40M transfer last summer, but everyone caught up that he was a WC midfielder.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Bruno Guimaraes went to Newcastle for 50.
Lyon were desperately trying to give away Aouar a few window ago too
But the way less hyped Caq would cost 60M's

You've lost it.

Kounde will be in the 50-60 range. Gvardiol probably similar. Caq this summer would go for around 30 - the same way Tchouameni would have been a 40M transfer last summer, but everyone caught up that he was a WC midfielder.
Lol. Okay man. You’ve shown multiple times you have no idea what you’re talking about but I’ve lost it. Have fun with your best CB since John Terry and good luck with your 30M that would have Lyon laughing at you.

cheechoo

Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Lol. Okay man. You’ve shown multiple times you have no idea what you’re talking about but I’ve lost it. Have fun with your best CB since John Terry and good luck with your 30M that would have Lyon laughing at you.

Wait you were the person saying Gallagher and Gilmour would complete the team and that Kai and Mason were "elite forwards" already. And yet we're miles back of City and Pool. Your ball knowledge is shocking.

Caq wouldn't go for more than 40, Kounde isn't pulling more than 60, and imagine Gvardiol going for 100M's like you just tried to project. You're throwing numbers out there trying to grasp onto the fleeting point you tried to make initially, you just sound like a casual though.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Anyone paying 30m for Caqueret to play in the Premier League is out to lunch, too physically weak for his position and on a contract that runs out next year.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Wait you were the person saying Gallagher and Gilmour would complete the team and that Kai and Mason were "elite forwards" already. And yet we're miles back of City and Pool. Your ball knowledge is shocking.

Caq wouldn't go for more than 40, Kounde isn't pulling more than 60, and imagine Gvardiol going for 100M's like you just tried to project. You're throwing numbers out there trying to grasp onto the fleeting point you tried to make initially, you just sound like a casual though.
That’s funny man. You’re cute. I’ve watched all these guys multiple times. Good luck bud.

cheechoo

Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Anyone paying 30m for Caqueret to play in the Premier League is out to lunch, too physically weak for his position and on a contract that runs out next year.

Right. We're trotting out wages like he's a prime aged player and not just a prospect.

Camavinga netted 30M's for Rennes, but Caqueret and Gvardiol are both netting 70+M's apparently.

Just unrealistic numbers being thrown around.

Disagree about the "too physically weak" part though. Caqueret is literally a Kovacic/Kante hybrid. Future world class baller.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If Bensebaini costs that price, I’ll take it. Raum supposedly will cost double.
The highest figure I've seen for him was 17M. So he's going to be a bargain no matter what.

Chelsea are only rumored to be in on Gvardiol by the english press. Not even a blip has made it into german reporting about Leipzig's summer.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I will self destruct if he goes to Spurs.

The thing about Spurs are their talent ID is literally SSSSSS tier. But their pull is non-existent and they have to settle for scraps every window.

Get Tuchel his defender.

I doubt there’s any race. Leipzig has said they aren’t selling this summer.

cheechoo

Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
The highest figure I've seen for him was 17M. So he's going to be a bargain no matter what.

Chelsea are only rumored to be in on Gvardiol by the english press. Not even a blip has made it into german reporting about Leipzig's summer.

I don't think it necessarily means they're selling, just that Chelsea are interested.

It wasn't a press thing. Tuchel came out and said he adores Gvardiol, and rightfully so.

Baller.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't think it necessarily means they're selling, just that Chelsea are interested.

It wasn't a press thing. Tuchel came out and said he adores Gvardiol, and rightfully so.

Baller.

A lot of people rate the player, doesn't mean there's any chance they sell him this summer. Laimer, Mukiele, and Nkunku if they can't convince him to sign their extension offer? Sure. But kids like Gvardiol, Simakan, or Szoboszlai? Not this summer.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona

I know you really like him and you've definitely seen him more than I have but he doesn't seem to me like he's progressed since the first time I've seen him 3 or 4 years ago. Guy has very limited offensive output (1 assist, 0 goals all year), does run all over the pitch and jumps into tackles like he's Davids even though he's often muscled off of the ball by opposing players in the very physical French league. I'm not saying he's a bad player but he's a midfielder on a mid table French team that's underachieving with him as a cornerstone. I just don't see the hype with him, I see no reason for him to fetch more than 20 million on an expiring contract, and your answer doesn't really do much to help.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think Caqueret would be great in Spain or Italy but the PL is not the place for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00