Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part I

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I know you really like him and you've definitely seen him more than I have but he doesn't seem to me like he's progressed since the first time I've seen him 3 or 4 years ago. Guy has very limited offensive output (1 assist, 0 goals all year), does run all over the pitch and jumps into tackles like he's Davids even though he's often muscled off of the ball by opposing players in the very physical French league. I'm not saying he's a bad player but he's a midfielder on a mid table French team that's underachieving with him as a cornerstone. I just don't see the hype with him, I see no reason for him to fetch more than 20 million on an expiring contract, and your answer doesn't really do much to help.
While I agree he'll go for cheaper than he should because of his contract, Caqueret is MUCH more than a frail little man who runs around. He's possibly the best presser in the game. Seriously. His IQ is top notch and on a counter pressing team he's just the perfect weapon. Think of a young Kante, but much better passer.
To me Caqueret is the next player to be called up for the NT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad