Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part I

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If Mbappe wanted to stay in PSG, wouldn't he already be signed now? What I mean is that PSG has loads of funds so they don't necessarily have to balance the books concerning wages'. I understand it can't be a blank cheque and there has to be some structure, but being one of the top three players in the world should give you a certain amount of freedom that oil money can back up.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
If Mbappe wanted to stay in PSG, wouldn't he already be signed now? What I mean is that PSG has loads of funds so they don't necessarily have to balance the books concerning wages'. I understand it can't be a blank cheque and there has to be some structure, but being one of the top three players in the world should give you a certain amount of freedom that oil money can back up.

That's what I think too. I think PSG are leaking a ton of info to show that they are indeed trying their best to keep him and make him look bad when he leaves. The upside for them is that maybe he ends up accepting one of their crazy offers.

I think he will sign with Madrid once the current CL tie is over. Well, I hope he will :laugh:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mbappe said himself this week he has his eyes on Cavani's goalscoring record.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
All time total. He said it last game.
He can only get it in a year or two at Paris.
Maybe people are reading too much though...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah people here were saying he was about to extend after that interview.
I don't think it's much of a sign.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He tied (or beat?) Ibra's record. So he was asked about it, saying he was proud since Ibra was a monster.
Then he added Edi was left. "we'll see how it goes, being the best scorer in PSG's history is nothing to sneeze at, we'll see how it goes".
Not the proper translation though.
"être le meilleur buteur de l'histoire du PSG on ne peut pas cracher dessus"
The "peut" has a deeper meaning.
But then again... I'm not sure of anything.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
He tied (or beat?) Ibra's record. So he was asked about it, saying he was proud since Ibra was a monster.
Then he added Edi was left. "we'll see how it goes, being the best scorer in PSG's history is nothing to sneeze at, we'll see how it goes".
Not the proper translation though.
"être le meilleur buteur de l'histoire du PSG on ne peut pas cracher dessus"
The "peut" has a deeper meaning.
But then again... I'm not sure of anything.

Ok, basically, he is saying that it would be a cool feather on his cap... which I would expect anyone with ambition to say. Does not mean anythinge either way, I guess.

Merci!

Reactions: Evilo

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Mbappe said himself this week he has his eyes on Cavani's goalscoring record.

He probably meant after he returns to PSG at the age of 39. First he'll tie Cannavaro's goalscoring record at Madrid (well, maybe he will) and then he'll focus on Cavani.

Reactions: Tony Romo

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Not finalized yet, but sounds close. Not sure how good he really is, but I think he's one of the big prospects in Spain at the moment. Hopefully another Pedriesque signing.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I feel like he would be good in BuLi2, so maybe the MLS is a better fit for him?
I don’t think it’s that he is a bad signing more so the tag they used for him. Basically his salary isn’t counted against the cap. They could have gotten much better players with that tag.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Stuttgart's Sasa Kaladjdzic...who has been back in action since January and started scoring again in his last two games...is being linked to Rome, West Ham, & Tottenham.

Will be interesting to see where unKoller ends up.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
A lot of clubs could use him.

I go back & forth on him. Part of me thinks teams will end up overpaying for him, but part of me thinks he'll live up to the cost because he's a unique aerial weapon, who can move reasonably well, and isn't bad with the ball.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I go back & forth on him. Part of me thinks teams will end up overpaying for him, but part of me thinks he'll live up to the cost because he's a unique aerial weapon, who can move reasonably well, and isn't bad with the ball.
Sounds like another Haller at West Ham with maybe slightly more pace?

Hope they steer clear.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland

Some of it depends on price. Now that he's scoring, price is going to be back up. But for a bit there, I felt he was going to go on the cheap.

He moves much better without the ball than you would think, and he has some touch. West Ham could use him, whether or not he works out there.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sounds like another Haller at West Ham with maybe slightly more pace?

Hope they steer clear.

That's where I waffle. Though there's some similarity to guys like Haller & Modeste as strikers whose strongest weapon is their aerial prowess...they just don't have the same NBA-size that unKoller does. Plus I think he can do more with the ball.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00