Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part I

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If he played for United he'd probably play 40+ games. I don't think he'd get lost in the shuffle anywhere tbh. Maybe Chelsea because their midfield 3 is really locked into those positions (even though they need to start looking for someone to follow Kante) and at City too...but I don't think they'd even try to sign him.

I read previously that we were linked to Laimer if we don't sign Tchouameni and that makes sense to me. He would play a ton and he fits our tactics.

While that would almost certainly be true in the short term, a club like United is much more likely to spend money on an upgrade in a year or two than is a club like Dortmund…plus you never know if a move will go all Sabitzer/van de Beek.

The interviewer asked about how Werner & Sabitzer’s moves play into his thinking and Laimer said that he does think about their experiences going from central figures at Leipzig to secondary or even tertiary players at their new clubs.

So I think that he’ll look at not just where he can play a key role next season, but where he will be a key player moving forward as well…which is why I got the feeling from the interview that he is leaning towards Dortmund over Bayern or any of the EPL teams he’s been linked to.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sport Bild have also reported that the Bensebaini move to dortmund is going ahead. Unclear yet whether Guerriero, Schulz, or both will be sold…as BVB’s brass apparently has some concerns with how Raphael takes care of himself & whether he has the right attitude to improve his defensive play.

Also, Hertha is trying to fight them on Lotka, who’s move to BVB was reported in March.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sport Bild have also reported that the Bensebaini move to dortmund is going ahead. Unclear yet whether Guerriero, Schulz, or both will be sold…as BVB’s brass apparently has some concerns with how Raphael takes care of himself & whether he has the right attitude to improve his defensive play.

Also, Hertha is trying to fight them on Lotka, who’s move to BVB was reported in March.
Keep in mind that Sport Bild puts out a lot of stuff and has a high error rate. Patrick Berger said the Bensebaini rumor isn’t that advanced right now, so they probably just jumped the gun on that one. I don’t believe the Laimer rumor either. I think we’d have more interest in Schlage than Laimer, but I also don’t know that any of these papers have any clue what DM we’re signing.

We will have to see what happens with Lotka. I think the player should get to choose. If he doesn’t want to be at Dortmund, then he can stay at Hertha Berlin. It could be better for his development. It’s a small role he’d be playing for us anyway.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This kind of stuff is why United needs better management. How many times do you guys try to sign a player and that player has already had an agreement with another club? It’s poor planning.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Keep in mind that Sport Bild puts out a lot of stuff and has a high error rate. Patrick Berger said the Bensebaini rumor isn’t that advanced right now, so they probably just jumped the gun on that one. I don’t believe the Laimer rumor either. I think we’d have more interest in Schlage than Laimer, but I also don’t know that any of these papers have any clue what DM we’re signing.

We will have to see what happens with Lotka. I think the player should get to choose. If he doesn’t want to be at Dortmund, then he can stay at Hertha Berlin. It could be better for his development. It’s a small role he’d be playing for us anyway.
While they do, they've been right there with the top sources when it came to Adeyemi, Süle, & Schlotterbeck. So though I'm taking what they say about you with a grain of salt, I'm not immediately assuming they're just throwing s*** at the wall & seeing what gets a response, the way I do whenever I see an article by Marc Berman about the Knicks.

They probably did jump the gun, but I do buy that Bensebaini will end up moving to you this summer, one way or the other.

Wrt Laimer, all they reported was that Leipzig would sell him for 20M. The speculation about him favoring BVB, was just me trying to read the tea leaves of the interview he did with them...in which they talked about how close he still is with Sabitzer, and how Sabitzer & Werner's experiences play into Laimer's thinking.

This kind of stuff is why United needs better management. How many times do you guys try to sign a player and that player has already had an agreement with another club? It’s poor planning.

I think it's more having a crappy PR team. Everyone tried to hijack that deal, they would've been fools not to. It's the reporting this as news that's the problem.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Is that rumor even legit? I don’t ever really remember being linked to him. Seems like a post to bring in clicks imo.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

1651755419791.png

Where could he realistically go?
Aston Villa? West Ham? Arsenal?
I’m not sure really. He’s clearly not as bad as he’s been this year, but he does lack the IQ to truly utilize his high end physical talents. I wonder if he goes to Italy maybe.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
If Spurs are keen on selling them they shouldn't ask for more than 15 mil for Bergwijn and about 20 for lo Celso and Ndombele. Rumoured asking prices are higher though.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

View attachment 540990

I’m not sure really. He’s clearly not as bad as he’s been this year, but he does lack the IQ to truly utilize his high end physical talents. I wonder if he goes to Italy maybe.

I think with his physical gifts he'd rip it up in Germany, but I can't see either Bayern or Dortmund going for him and no one else really has the pull.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think with his physical gifts he'd rip it up in Germany, but I can't see either Bayern or Dortmund going for him and no one else really has the pull.
If he wants to go to a big club I think he has to “downgrade” a bit in club level. Like maybe he goes to a Leverkusen or Roma or something to regain his form. But even then I’m not sure if he’s got the ability to be a starter on a top club.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If he wants to go to a big club I think he has to “downgrade” a bit in club level. Like maybe he goes to a Leverkusen or Roma or something to regain his form. But even then I’m not sure if he’s got the ability to be a starter on a top club.
He doesn't fit Leverkusen's recruitment model.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Sources close to Lingard indicate Ten Hag would be wasting his time trying to persuade player to stay

Hilarious. The complete lack of self awareness.

As for Rashford, it's a conundrum. He only has one year left on his contract, and with his play this season, he doesn't deserve a new one, or at least one with significantly reduced pay - which he wouldn't accept.

Do you keep him and reward him with a new deal if he turns it around next season? What if he gets the hump and decides to run his contract down and leave for free?

Do you try and sell him for what you can get and run the risk of him refinding himself somewhere else?

Ultimately, what ails him? Is it mental? Is it something off the pitch? Or is he physically done after Ole played him through injuries for 2 years and then his back surgery?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
As
Berger's good. If he's reporting it, odds are there's meat to it.
I guess. Just seems weird that there was literally nothing in regards to United/Adeyemi and then all the sudden were in till the end against BVB.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Need the Boehly or Ratcliffe ownership deal locked up (don't care anymore at this point who, actually leaning Ratcliffe..) so we can secure a Tchouameni, Kounde, Gvardiol summer please.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

I could actually see Bergwijn coming to United with ETH there. Our options in the front 3 are Rashford, CR7, Elanga, Sancho, Cavani, Martial, Lingard. The last 3 are likely gone in the summer. Rashford looks like Theo Walcott right now. CR7 is old and might want out. Elanga is young and probably shouldn’t be the out and out starter every single game. Sancho is good. Have Bergwijn come in and almost be our prime Pedro from Barca. Basically a bench/glue option that can play anywhere across the front 3.
Is that rumor even legit? I don’t ever really remember being linked to him. Seems like a post to bring in clicks imo.

You know that rumor is legit and that United gave a half hearted effort for Adeyemi just to say they tried.

I see close to 0 chance Rashford leaves this summer. Yes he hasn’t had great form but with a lack of attacking options that have shown anything AND a new manager coming in, I doubt he leaves.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I could actually see Bergwijn coming to United with ETH there. Our options in the front 3 are Rashford, CR7, Elanga, Sancho, Cavani, Martial, Lingard. The last 3 are likely gone in the summer. Rashford looks like Theo Walcott right now. CR7 is old and might want out. Elanga is young and probably shouldn’t be the out and out starter every single game. Sancho is good. Have Bergwijn come in and almost be our prime Pedro from Barca. Basically a bench/glue option that can play anywhere across the front 3.

You know that rumor is legit and that United gave a half hearted effort for Adeyemi just to say they tried.

I see close to 0 chance Rashford leaves this summer. Yes he hasn’t had great form but with a lack of attacking options that have shown anything AND a new manager coming in, I doubt he leaves.
The issue is that he has 1 year left on his contract. You have to commit one way or the other basically right now.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
As

I guess. Just seems weird that there was literally nothing in regards to United/Adeyemi and then all the sudden were in till the end against BVB.
Like I said, everyone was trying to hijack that move until it became final. The only difference is that it's a story with ManU whereas with Bayern & Barca it stopped being a story once it became clear he had picked BVB; which makes me think your PR people are circulating it.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Need the Boehly or Ratcliffe ownership deal locked up (don't care anymore at this point who, actually leaning Ratcliffe..) so we can secure a Tchouameni, Kounde, Gvardiol summer please.
That’s a 250-300M window. There is not a single ownership group in the world that would give that amount in one window without some MAJOR cuts in costs…..

The issue is that he has 1 year left on his contract. You have to commit one way or the other basically right now.
I don’t really think you do have to commit. Based on his form, we aren’t getting the price that he should cost and I think it’s not worth it to offer him a new contract yet. I genuinely think waiting even with its risks is worth it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Kicker is reporting that Bella Kotchap will be available for 10M this summer.

Leipzig is meeting with Nkunku's agent to try & convince him to stay for another year.

TM is claiming that Bensebaini will cost BVB 12-15M, not sure if that's their own reporting or they just weren't clear about citing their source.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kicker is reporting that Bella Kotchap will be available for 10M this summer.

Leipzig is meeting with Nkunku's agent to try & convince him to stay for another year.

TM is claiming that Bensebaini will cost BVB 12-15M, not sure if that's their own reporting or they just weren't clear about citing their source.
If Bensebaini costs that price, I’ll take it. Raum supposedly will cost double.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad