Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part I

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is pretty blatantly misogynist. They've been there for almost seven years now I'm sure they know what they want. They're both from the Black Forest maybe they don't give a shit about that stuff.
Saying that the wife has the power (or a good amount) in the relationship is being misogynist? You're going to have to explain that to me lol...

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
West Ham linked with Mavrapanos. He has the profile they like, but I'm always a bit hesitant with defenders on relegation teams.

He's one of the best old school defenders. Just don't ask him to pass too much and you'll be pleased with what he brings. Stuttgart's biggest problems were team defense and the goalie, Mavropanos has been their player of the year. Well, him and Sosa.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
No, saying women are fickle creatures and acting like they're too dumb to make an informed decision on something is what's misogynistic.
Yeah, in no way did that come across, you're just over-escalating my post to level 9. Women not knowing what they want is fine, it happens a lot in men as well. It has nothing to do with them being too dumb to make an informed decision lol, those are your words. It's just they do not know what they want because they haven't experienced everything in life. It's chill, like I said it happens to men as well.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yeah, in no way did that come across, you're just over-escalating my post to level 9. Women not knowing what they want is fine, it happens a lot in men as well. It has nothing to do with them being too dumb to make an informed decision lol, those are your words. It's just they do not know what they want because they haven't experienced everything in life. It's chill, like I said it happens to men as well.
It is exactly how your post came across.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Pretty sure that after 50 or whatever years of life she's capable of deciding where she wants to live and if she's on board with her husband continuing the job he's held for the last 7 years.

It's misogynistic because there's a 0% chance that you'd say "well just wait until Klopp sees Paris during the CL final then he's gonna regret signing in Liverpool" because it would be an idiotic thing to say. This isn't like he or she is some 21 year old kid who has lived a sheltered life and suddenly took a job in a totally foreign country. They've both been around the world multiple times and are totally capable of making rational and informed decisions about what their future looks like.

There is zero reason to believe that his wife doesn't know what she wants and was just being naïve about wanting Klopp to stay in Liverpool.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It also should be laid out clearly that his wife turned to him at the kitchen table and asked him how much he’d like more years of this life. This is a woman who goes in the away end with supporters singing songs. It’s pretty clear there are no regrets nor will there be. If anything it’ll last longer than just this contract.

And yeah the comment is weird but other people explained it more for me. They clearly don’t want that life. Someone asked him about Spanish football once and he said he doesn’t think he’s smart enough to learn another language. Which is a classy way of saying they don’t want that life.

Anyway in the end regardless of if it goes longer than this contract he’ll be a club icon now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gecklund

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
@cgf

do you know anything about Freiburg player Kevin Schade? I think he is a winger?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Women are fickle creatures, sometimes they don't know what they want and when she travels to the team to Paris when they make the CL Finals, she will realise how much of an utter mistake she has made. Not just that, when the season ends, they're going to go on a trip to Barcelona and picture the wonderful weather and culture, likewise for Italy, London, and the rest of Spain.
Bad take. Like really bad take.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It also should be laid out clearly that his wife turned to him at the kitchen table and asked him how much he’d like more years of this life. This is a woman who goes in the away end with supporters singing songs. It’s pretty clear there are no regrets nor will there be. If anything it’ll last longer than just this contract.

And yeah the comment is weird but other people explained it more for me. They clearly don’t want that life. Someone asked him about Spanish football once and he said he doesn’t think he’s smart enough to learn another language. Which is a classy way of saying they don’t want that life.

Anyway in the end regardless of if it goes longer than this contract he’ll be a club icon now.
Klopp could’ve left this year and he’d still be one of the most iconic figures in Liverpool’s history. There’s a good chance he’s becomes #1 by the end of his tenure imo.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Klopp could’ve left this year and he’d still be one of the most iconic figures in Liverpool’s history. There’s a good chance he’s becomes #1 by the end of his tenure imo.
Nobody will pass Kenny, but yeah, besides him possibly. He won everything with the club. Its also obviously been a long time but I can’t imagine going to all those funerals one after the other.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Imagine taking those posts from seph at face value. Have you all forgotten everything you've ever seen from him before?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Women are fickle creatures, sometimes they don't know what they want and when she travels to the team to Paris when they make the CL Finals, she will realise how much of an utter mistake she has made. Not just that, when the season ends, they're going to go on a trip to Barcelona and picture the wonderful weather and culture, likewise for Italy, London, and the rest of Spain.
Do you really think Klopp's wife needs Liverpool to reach the CL finals to travel to Paris/know what the city is like?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
No but the blatant misogyny is the right time to pile on
Only blatant misogynist out of this has been your posts concerning that Klopp shouldn't value his wife's power in a relationship. We know that the report says he went over it with his wife and I am saying that Klopp's wife made a mistake living in a doldrum fishing port industrial city for four more years instead of getting to live in Paris, Monaco, Italy, or Spain for the next half of a decade. I am in fact implying that Klopp's wife has power in the marriage and she simply made the mistake agreeing with him to stay in Edmonton of England based on his feelings. She needs to consider her own agenda too and not play into the patriarchy that all the Liverpool fans want her to do here (by allowing Klopp to sign an extension).

Do you really think Klopp's wife needs Liverpool to reach the CL finals to travel to Paris/know what the city is like?
There's a difference between travelling for vacation and actually living there.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Only blatant misogynist out of this has been your posts concerning that Klopp shouldn't value his wife's power in a relationship. We know that the report says he went over it with his wife and I am saying that Klopp's wife made a mistake living in a doldrum fishing port industrial city for four more years instead of getting to live in Paris, Monaco, Italy, or Spain for the next half of a decade. I am in fact implying that Klopp's wife has power in the marriage and she simply made the mistake agreeing with him to stay in Edmonton of England based on his feelings. She needs to consider her own agenda too and not play into the patriarchy that all the Liverpool fans want her to do here (by signing an extension).

There's a difference between travelling for vacation and actually living there.
This is why I piled on. She has her own agenda, you need to read more and waste less time posting dumb things. This wasn’t based on his feelings, this was we both want to stay somewhere and be happy. Have you considered that people might be happier there? Look at the players that come into the area and say that they love it.

You said women are fickle creatures, that’s the misogyny here. They’re humans just like you.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is why I piled on. It was her own agenda, you need to read more and waste less time posting dumb things. This wasn’t based on his feelings.

You said women are fickle creatures, that’s the misogyny here. They’re humans just like you.
Yes I did write that and I also wrote in a post right after that is because they haven't experienced everything in the world and that blokes have similar attributes as well. You lot really think that Klopp's wife's first choice to live in Europe is Liverpool out of all places? Like seriously? She stayed because of him and that is something that is actually anti-feminist.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yes I did write that and I also wrote in a post right after that is because they haven't experienced everything in the world and that blokes have similar attributes as well. You lot really think that Klopp's wife's first choice to live in Europe is Liverpool out of all places? Like seriously? She stayed because of him and that is something that is actually anti-feminist.
If it wasn’t she would leave. People don’t have to stay somewhere they don’t want to be. That’s just common sense. What’s crazy is that you think all women want to live in a big city which is seriously backwards caveman logic. You do know that women can do whatever they want don’t you?

Reactions: gary69

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If it wasn’t she would leave. That’s just common sense. What’s crazy is that you think all women want to live in a big city which is seriously backwards caveman logic. You do know that women can do whatever they want don’t you?
Nah, you simply haven't taken sociology. Women born in Liverpool tend to stay in Liverpool or move to a similar climate likewise with men. That is just human nature. The problem is that we're talking about a foreigner here from a much different cultural climate heading into a much different cultural climate, especially when it comes to basic symbolism like language. Cussing and hooliganism is also much more common in places like Liverpool than in Germany as well. It is common sense that people value what/where they grew up and if we were to deduce Klopp's wife coming from the Black Forest, then the place she would be most comfortable with is the Alps of France, Italia, or Suisse. That doesn't mean people can't try new things in life like adventures, but women and men, both, would rather go to legit cities with nice weather than stay in smokestack rainville of Liverpool. Again you telling me that a woman's first choice out of all places is Liverpool over the likes of Juventus' Lake Como or AS Monaco' Monaco? Why do you think Russian mail-order brides exist? Because they want to stay at places like Magnitogorsk for their entire life?

• Haha
Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Nah, you simply haven't taken sociology. Women born in Liverpool tend to stay in Liverpool or move to a similar climate likewise with men. That is just human nature. The problem is that we're talking about a foreigner here from a much different cultural climate heading into a much different cultural climate, especially when it comes to basic symbolism like language. Cussing and hooliganism is also much more common in places like Liverpool than in Germany as well. It is common sense that people value what/where they grew up and if we were to deduce Klopp's wife coming from the Black Forest, then the place she would be most comfortable with is the Alps of France, Italia, or Suisse. That doesn't mean people can't try new things in life like adventures, but women and men, both, would rather go to legit cities with nice weather than stay in smokestack rainville of Liverpool. Again you telling me that a woman's first choice out of all places is Liverpool over the likes of Juventus' Lake Como or AS Monaco' Monaco? Why do you think Russian mail-order brides exist? Because they want to stay at places like Magnitogorsk for their entire life?
Jesus wept

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yea the lady who stands on trash bins screaming during victory parades and yells all game in the away end is totally not like anyone in Liverpool

Also someone who would marry Jurgen Klopp knowing how he acts totally not like him at all

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea the lady who stands on trash bins screaming during victory parades and yells all game in the away end is totally not like anyone in Liverpool

Also someone who would marry Jurgen Klopp knowing how he acts totally not like him at all

Even if she was never at games and seemed to spend all her time going for vacations in the French Riviera, Klopp directly stated that she played a large part in convincing him to stay and it probably makes sense to trust that Klopp wouldn’t lie about his marriage like that and to believe that his wife is a grown woman who is capable of making an informed decision, especially after him being there for 7 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad