Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part I

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bild is reporting that Tom Krauß will announce his next destination in 2-3 weeks, with Augsburg being the favorite to land the Leipzig talent who has been at Nurnberg for the past two years.

I like him, Becker, & Stiller from our U21s. Between those 3, Stach, Janelt, Rhein, Raebiger, Bischof, Martel, Tillman, & Wenig, our lack of midfield depth could soon be a problem of the past.

Last edited:

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England

Yeah well, when you're not even good enough to get into a team as dysfunctional as United, maybe you don't deserve a send off. That, and leaking crap to the press, undermining the manager.

Good luck in the future Jesse, your game is going to fall off a cliff so hard in a couple of years time when your legs go. You don't have anywhere near the talent of Mata & Matic to be able to put on cameos like that at 33.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, you guys have been doing some phenomenal work so far with Nico, Nik, & Karim. If you pull off Laimer too…and turn Schulz into Bensebaini…you’ll have turned all of your weaknesses into strengths.
I like both of those last two players, but I’m not convinced we sign either. I think though that the two CB signings are huge.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I like both of those last two players, but I’m not convinced we sign either. I think though that the two CB signings are huge.

The CBs are probably a bigger gamechanger than Haaland leaving, regardless of what else happens.

But from all of the reports, you are likely to sign a 6, even if it's not Laimer...and I still think somebody will come for Schulz, paving the way for Bensebaini's long speculated 17M move to you.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Adeyemi's agent has said that negotiations with BVB are nearing completion, with reports saying that there will not be any release clauses in the contract.

Elsewhere:
-Mainz's St. Juste is leaving for Sporting.
-Schalke will be signing Gent's Ibrahima Cissé.

And according to Sport1, Luka Jovic is pitching himself to BVB to replace Haaland...

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
He's moved recently. In Paris.
Yeah, some people will try to look for clues when there are not.

He will make his decision soon enough. I guess we will see then. Everybody has a new theory every other day. Some say he is staying, some other he is going to Madrid for sure.

It is up to Kylian to shut up the rumors... whenever he is ready.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Do any United fans have an idea of how the Lingard saga is going to end? I would love to see him back at Brighton if he is moving on this summer.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sport Bild has said that Leipzig will let Laimer go for 20M this summer, and the interview he gave them made me think he'll pick BVB, where he can be a central figure like he is for RBL...rather than Bayern or some EPL team where he could get lost in the shuffle.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sport Bild has said that Leipzig will let Laimer go for 20M this summer, and the interview he gave them made me think he'll pick BVB, where he can be a central figure like he is for RBL...rather than Bayern or some EPL team where he could get lost in the shuffle.

If he played for United he'd probably play 40+ games. I don't think he'd get lost in the shuffle anywhere tbh. Maybe Chelsea because their midfield 3 is really locked into those positions (even though they need to start looking for someone to follow Kante) and at City too...but I don't think they'd even try to sign him.

I read previously that we were linked to Laimer if we don't sign Tchouameni and that makes sense to me. He would play a ton and he fits our tactics.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Do any United fans have an idea of how the Lingard saga is going to end? I would love to see him back at Brighton if he is moving on this summer.

Rumours that he's going to Italy - Milan and a couple of others were mentioned.

Obviously Newcastle were in for him in January, and West Ham last summer.

I've thought for a long time he would fit right in at Southampton - for all his limited technical ability, he works hard and is quick. He's one of the few United players who does press, but it's usually just him in isolation so he just gets passed around and ends up looking like a headless chicken

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He’s not going to be at United that’s basically all I could say. I think Brighton should target someone younger and on cheaper wages. Guy has the confidence of Ronaldo with 10% of the ability.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He’s not going to be at United that’s basically all I could say. I think Brighton should target someone younger and on cheaper wages. Guy has the confidence of Ronaldo with 10% of the ability.
Oh, 100% we should target a younger profile player. I just like the idea of him coming back and we could use some goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad