Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part I

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
@cgf

do you know anything about Freiburg player Kevin Schade? I think he is a winger?
I'm a fan. He & Burkardt have made huge strides over the past year+, and if it wasn't for Havertz / Musiala / Wirtz / Adeyemi, they could both be pushing for senior NT spots already.

Schade's not as polished as Burkardt or those other 4, but his physical gifts are on another level from all but Adeyemi, and I like the instincts he has shown. Not sure he doesn't end up more of a wide-forward than out-n-out Winger, but he does have something of a young Sane to him.

Our U21s have some interesting attacking options atm...Leweling, Thielmann, Shuranov, Beier, Knauff, etc...but Schade & Burkardt are the only ones who I am certain will be senior NTers; though I do like Knauff as a RWB option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Savant

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is probably only contract negotiations, but a player that a lot of teams would be interested in. Bayern fans don’t like him right now and he’s supposedly upset with his role.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Nah, you simply haven't taken sociology. Women born in Liverpool tend to stay in Liverpool or move to a similar climate likewise with men. That is just human nature. The problem is that we're talking about a foreigner here from a much different cultural climate heading into a much different cultural climate, especially when it comes to basic symbolism like language. Cussing and hooliganism is also much more common in places like Liverpool than in Germany as well. It is common sense that people value what/where they grew up and if we were to deduce Klopp's wife coming from the Black Forest, then the place she would be most comfortable with is the Alps of France, Italia, or Suisse. That doesn't mean people can't try new things in life like adventures, but women and men, both, would rather go to legit cities with nice weather than stay in smokestack rainville of Liverpool. Again you telling me that a woman's first choice out of all places is Liverpool over the likes of Juventus' Lake Como or AS Monaco' Monaco? Why do you think Russian mail-order brides exist? Because they want to stay at places like Magnitogorsk for their entire life?
First post I thought you were kind of trolling.
I'm not sure anymore but I still laughed. The only clear thing I got is that you wish Klopp went to Arsenal

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Yeah I also thought SEPH's original post was a joke and I was actually laughing at the people taking it so hard. But now I'm not sure anymore haha

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Leverkusen have been linked to Xavier Simons. Would be an interesting add as so many of their midfielders are more in the combative mold like Andrich & Seiwald.

If Gnabry leaves, Juve, LFC, & Arsenal have been suggested.

Last edited:

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
If anything Maguire has shown that he should be at a smaller club than Manchester United, not a bigger one.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Leverkusen have been linked to Xavier Simons. Would be an interesting add as so many of their midfielders are more in the combative mold like Andrich & Seiwald.

If Gnabry leaves, Juve, LFC, & Arsenal have been suggested.
Who does Bayern look at if Gnabry leaves? He's seemed pretty underwhelming this season and it feels like there's a fit issue when you consider all of him, Sane, Coman, Muller, Lewy, Musiala, etc..., and as seen in UCL, they're very disjointed when trying to just jam most of them somewhere in the lineup together (e.g. Sane playing out wide though he probably is better centrally, Musiala maybe also better centrally, Gnabry looking ineffective out wide). I know Muller and then Lewy will eventually be moving on but not sure Gnabry (or maybe any of those guys) adequately fill the same type of role--I see more a Wirtz or Burkardt-type pickup for that.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Who does Bayern look at if Gnabry leaves? He's seemed pretty underwhelming this season and it feels like there's a fit issue when you consider all of him, Sane, Coman, Muller, Lewy, Musiala, etc..., and as seen in UCL, they're very disjointed when trying to just jam most of them somewhere in the lineup together (e.g. Sane playing out wide though he probably is better centrally, Musiala maybe also better centrally, Gnabry looking ineffective out wide). I know Muller and then Lewy will eventually be moving on but not sure Gnabry (or maybe any of those guys) adequately fill the same type of role--I see more a Wirtz or Burkardt-type pickup for that.

Depends on what happens with Lewandowski to some extent, but with Sane, Musiala, Coman, Müller, & Wanner there already...I'm not sure they go after anyone high profile unless it's a replacement for Lewa.

Especially if they add a dynamic RWB (Mazraoui/Baku) -- like they've been reported to be working on -- and so don't use an extra winger, as often as they have this season. Gravenbech and better availability from Kimmich & Goretzka would already eat into some of the minutes that Musiala & Müller have picked up this season in the midfield.

So they might need those minutes just to keep everyone they've already got happy & in form; especially if they want to increase Wanner's PT & give him a more meaningful role.

E:
I think their issues over the past 1-1.5months have largely been a result of their poor depth in the midfield. Tolisso being always broken & Sabitzer not working out leaves a huge burden on Kimmich & Goretzka; which is a problem if either of them ever misses time...like LeGo regularly does & Joshua's free-thinking-ass did this season...

...and the contractual distractions.

Plus Neuer slowing down and no longer being able to bail them out through any slip-ups, like they're accustomed to him doing, also hasn't helped...

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Depends on what happens with Lewandowski to some extent, but with Sane, Musiala, Coman, Müller, & Wanner there already...I'm not sure they go after anyone high profile unless it's a replacement for Lewa.

Especially if they add a dynamic RWB (Mazraoui/Baku) -- like they've been reported to be working on -- and so don't use an extra winger, as often as they have this season. Gravenbech and better availability from Kimmich & Goretzka would already eat into some of the minutes that Musiala & Müller have picked up this season in the midfield.

So they might need those minutes just to keep everyone they've already got happy & in form; especially if they want to increase Wanner's PT & give him a more meaningful role.

E:
I think their issues over the past 1-1.5months have largely been a result of their poor depth in the midfield. Tolisso being always broken & Sabitzer not working out leaves a huge burden on Kimmich & Goretzka; which is a problem if either of them ever misses time...like LeGo regularly does & Joshua's free-thinking-ass did this season...

...and the contractual distractions.

Plus Neuer slowing down and no longer being able to bail them out through any slip-ups, like they're accustomed to him doing, also hasn't helped...
What do you think is even Gnabry's best position? And I agree that shoring up the midfield with another body or two probably makes the biggest difference for them. A Baku would also be a great pickup.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He was last season, but not this one. Sane's obviously been their best winger on the season and Coman has been their 2nd best.
I don’t know about that. To me, the goal production matters a lot. Coman hasn’t had it this season. Gnabry has. Sane may have been a little better and has improved this one from prior ones, but he still suffers from some inconsistency. If you could give me one Bayern winger to add to Dortmund, I’m taking Gnabry.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What do you think is even Gnabry's best position? And I agree that shoring up the midfield with another body or two probably makes the biggest difference for them. A Baku would also be a great pickup.

I'm going to call him a Wide-forward. Someone who's best attacking from wider areas...who can make things happen with the ball if given space, but who is even more dangerous when he can make off-ball runs into central areas/in behind, especially in transition...or as a 2nd striker.

Kinda like Reus was in his prime; or Adeyemi from this next generation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don’t know about that. To me, the goal production matters a lot. Coman hasn’t had it this season. Gnabry has. Sane may have been a little better and has improved this one from prior ones, but he still suffers from some inconsistency. If you could give me one Bayern winger to add to Dortmund, I’m taking Gnabry.

It doesn't matter as much when your job is to feed Lewandowski first and second, only looking for your own as a plan C if Lewa's triple-covered :dunno:

Though he's arguably the most dangerous when there are central areas opened up or the team has room to run on the break; he's just not as tricky with the ball on his foot as Sane, Coman, or Musiala...nor is he the sublime playmaker Müller has grown into.

And that's the main reason why he hasn't thrived under Nagelsmann this season as much as the others, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad