NHL and NHLPA finalize agreement for RTP Stage 3

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
What percentage of players do you think will not play?

1%? 10? 25??

Would be such a shame to have a cup awarded when the best players aren't even there
You mean choosing not to play, or cannot play because they catch Covid 19 and have to sit out until they clear the virus?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You said she was allowed to start back up now. The NHL is doing this plan now, not back in April during the thick of the pandemic. Understand?
Agreed. Lots of things, closed because they were not essential, are now opening again. NHL is no different.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
You said she was allowed to start back up now. The NHL wasn't allowed to do this doing this plan now, not back in April during the thick of the pandemic. Understand?
Allowed to start back up now. But prior to that she wasn’t allowed to when it wasn’t deemed essential. When it should’ve been. A hockey game is not essential.
if a hockey game is “essential“ then driving across the border to visit family should be deemed essential as well. Understand?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Allowed to start back up now. But prior to that she wasn’t allowed to when it wasn’t deemed essential. When it should’ve been. A hockey game is not essential.
if a hockey game is “essential“ then driving across the border to visit family should be deemed essential as well. Understand?
Man, you keep repeating it. I'm telling you, the NHL is only now allowed to do this return to play plan. Prior to now, they and your wife weren't open. Remember all the staff that were being bailed out and laid off that worked at NHL rinks?
It's a business, like your wife's. It is not people disappearing into the urban population coughing on whoever wherever.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Man, you keep repeating it. I'm telling you, the NHL is only now allowed to do this return to play plan. Prior to now, they and your wife weren't open.
It's a business, like your wife's. It is not people disappearing into the urban population coughing on whoever wherever.
Either was my wife’s business. But she wasn’t allowed.
Hockey = essential
Driving across a border to visit loved ones =non essential.
I’m sorry. But I think me being allowed to drive across to visit my uncle who had a heart attack should be more important than a hockey game.
If the government is going to continue to force people to not open business or restrict them for doing something because it is non essential and then allowing a game to be played because it is essential is a little hypocritical.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
What in the NHL's plan is not taking the pandemic seriously?

The fact that we have a plan to beginning with. It's all business, you know it, I know it. Peoples live should matter more than your entertainment. And most players, if what we read is true, don't even want to be part of it...

Reactions: Puckclektr

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Hockey = essential
I’m sorry. But I think me being allowed to drive across to visit my uncle who had a heart attack should be more important than a hockey game.
If the government is going to continue to force people to not open business or restrict them for doing something because it is non essential and then allowing a game to be played because it is essential is a little hypocritical.
You driving across the border, possibly becoming infected, or already being infected and infecting your uncle and others.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
You driving across the border, possibly becoming infected, or already being infected and infecting your uncle and others.
same thing can happen if i go into a local store.
How many NHLers are coming across infected?

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
Hockey = essential
It could also be argued you are being a little hypocritical by using your wife's business as proof that the NHL is being given preferential treatment when in fact you admitted her business is now open while the NHL is a month away from restarting...

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
And for the record. Covid tests are terribly inaccurate and there are still many players positive. I can guarantee that bubble is going to have someone test positive because the less symptoms you have the more inaccurate it is. even with Symptoms it is wrong 1 in 5 times.
Ate those players and workers suppose to stay in that bubble and your risk of getting it increases substantially. and then not leave that bubble. Then they go into hospitals and people from other countries who came here to play hockey are taking up hospital beds from other people that need them.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
It could also be argued you are being a little hypocritical by using your wife's business as proof that the NHL is being given preferential treatment when in fact you admitted her business is now open while the NHL is a month away from restarting...
Once again. look up the definition of essential.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
Once again. look up the definition of essential.
You said yourself your wife's business was deemed non-essential but is now open yet you argue that the NHL looking to restart several weeks after your wife's reopened is not fair because they are being falsely classified as essential? I'm just confused by this line of argument.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter Puck

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Yeah and my wife wanted to do the same thing with her business but wasn’t allowed to beCause it was deemed non essential to the government.
But a hockey game is essential? It doesn’t matter if it provides millions to the economy or not. zero dollars were in our pockets when we could’ve controlled it.

Look up the word essential.

You literally just said your wife is allowed to open back up now, and wasn't an essential business. Why can't the NHL do the same?

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
You said yourself your wife's business was deemed non-essential but is now open but you argue that the NHL looking to restart several weeks after your wife's reopened is not fair because they are being falsely classified as essential? I'm just confused by this line of argument.
It was deemed non essential by the government.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

It sounds like you have a problem with your politicians, and are taking your frustrations out on the NHL's return to play plan. The NHL has nothing to do with with Canada's 14 day quarantine, and have taken steps above and beyond that in order to be safe.

Reactions: joestevens29

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
You literally just said your wife is allowed to open back up now, and wasn't an essential business. Why can't the NHL do the same?
It wasn’t essential from a government stand point. But at that time it was clearly more essential than a hockey game is.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
It sounds like you have a problem with your politicians, and are taking your frustrations out on the NHL's return to play plan. The NHL has nothing to do with with Canada's 14 day quarantine, and have taken steps above and beyond that in order to be safe.
Exactly. And I know that MLB got the okay from the federal government. I’m not mad at the league. I’m upset with politicians who are picking and choosing

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
It wasn’t essential from a government stand point. But at that time it was clearly more essential than a hockey game is.

Great. The NHL wasn't operating at that time either? So why is what happened to your wifes business even relevant to the discussion?

It honestly sounds like you're having a pity party about some unfortunate things going on in your immediate life, and taking it out on the NHL. I'm sorry to hear about your uncle's heart attach, and your loss of income from your wife.

But the NHL had nothing to do with that, non-essential business are opening up. The NHL is just trying to do the same things.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Great. The NHL wasn't operating at that time either? So why is what happened to your wifes business even relevant to the discussion?

It honestly sounds like you're having a pity party about some unfortunate things going on in your immediate life, and taking it out on the NHL. I'm sorry to hear about your uncle's heart attach, and your loss of income from your wife.

But the NHL had nothing to do with that, non-essential business are opening up. The NHL is just trying to do the same things.
It has nothing to do with a pity party or having bad luck. It comes down to what is essential and the health and safety of people involved.
still
Many people can’t work yet that bubble currently has people In There setting things up preparing for the NHL.
If you want the NHL to run and deem that essential. Open up other things that are just as essential.
It’s not about not wanting them to start up. It’s about priorities.
Deem NHL essential, then deem travel across the border essential.
If the government is going to use the word essential for months and stand by it and not allow things to open up unless they are essential then don’t allow things that are not essential to happen until we get further ahead of this.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I think it’s bullshit that the NHL is allowing people to come In From other countries to my city to play hockey while My family cannot come to visit me in Toronto or I cannot cross the border to see them. I’m not the only one in this situation.
Where does your family live?

A Canadian citizen living in the U.S. is allowed to visit another immediate family member living in Canada. The person would have to quarantine for 14-days upon entering Canada. Of course, they will require & verify documents (passports) to ensure that both are citizens and the relationship (birth certificates) between family members.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island

bucket

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Where does your family live?

A Canadian citizen living in the U.S. is allowed to visit another immediate family member living in Canada. The person would have to quarantine for 14-days upon entering Canada. Of course, they will require & verify documents (passports) to ensure that both are citizens and the relationship (birth certificates) between family members.
That’s Not the case.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
But they were both closed until now. Why do you keep harping on it? Where's the disconnect in your thinking.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: