NHL and NHLPA finalize agreement for RTP Stage 3

Svane

Jul 5, 2020
They should just play without the testing and all that jazz. Obviously, if youre too sick to play you wont.

They need to stop catering to hysteric media and just let it go.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Can we go back to talking about the nhl instead of some internet dude's wife's business? Lol

zingbo2133

Jun 11, 2009
London, Ontario
And your not listening to what I am saying. Yes they wear PPE but it can still be passed with complacency. Do we trust every single person in there. No.
The same thing could be said about your wife's business in regards to complacency. But I'm sure you won't agree with that either.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I actually understand the situation quite well. As for the testing, If it was effective in the “bubble” it would be effective currently with players who are suppose to be self isolating currently. And you know the tests are not accurate. Even with symptoms you can test negative more than once. Without symptoms it is even less effective. As for the people in the bubble. Where are they coming from? What about my other concerns that I mentioned. Are you going to aDdress those?

So much fear mongering in this post.

Self-isolating the same as a bubble? These leagues reopening should just instruct to self-isolate, it's the same thing. One didn't work so the other FOR SURE WON'T! ok buddy.
You discuss asymptomatic ppl and false negatives but conveniently leave out that the less symptomatic one is, the less contagious they are as well. This has been shown via the tracers and tracking how it is spread. Asymptomatic ppl are very clearly NOT driving the spread of the virus. I know it was sexy to fear the unknown and treat every person as a zombie spreader even if they're outwardly perfectly healthy, but that's not backed up by the data. So if they're completely asymptomatic with such a low viral load, even multiple false negatives are ok because you can be pretty certain these ppl are not spreading it and are viral dead ends.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
There isn’t enough room to hold 24 training camps in two cities.

I don't know how feasible it would be (or how open the local governments would be), but one team could hold it in Kelowna, one team in Penticton, one team in Red Deer, etc.

Or rent out a rink in Leduc, one in Sherwood Park, one in St. Albert, one in Spruce Grove, etc.

Didn't the Flames originally plan on holding their TC in the US at one point? lol

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Will both cities have multiple facilities to play games? Assuming the first games are played on Aug 1 and the Lafreniere lottery is Aug 10, all eight best-of-five game series matchups would need to be completed within that timeframe.

Just trying to wrap my head around the scheduling.

Toronto has Scotiabank Arena(Leafs) & Coca-Cola Coliseum(Marlies); Edmonton has Rogers Place...and that's it; Rexall Place was put into mothballs a couple of years ago.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
Will both cities have multiple facilities to play games? Assuming the first games are played on Aug 1 and the Lafreniere lottery is Aug 10, all eight best-of-five game series matchups would need to be completed within that timeframe.

Just trying to wrap my head around the scheduling.

They will play 2-3 games a day. Each series will play every second day. It should be done in 10 days or less with 5 game series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->