NHL and NHLPA finalize agreement for RTP Stage 3

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
People have been travelling around Canada and the US the entire pandemic. Is cross border travel at zero?
If you can afford to fly and are willing to take the risk then you can. But Many people aren’t flying from buffalo to Niagara to see family.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
I feel for you in that situation but it's not so simple. They aren't just letting the NHL do what it wants because they are the NHL. It only could happen with the crazy level of safety the NHL is imposing, a level of safety that the government is not prepared to do for the general public.
The federal government just allowed the blue jays to come into toronto. I’m sorry. But baseball is not essential and shouldn’t have been allowed before anyone else. Same with hockey.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The federal government just allowed the blue jays to come into toronto. I’m sorry. But baseball is not essential and shouldn’t have been allowed before anyone else. Same with hockey.
That's true. I dont follow baseball so I'm not sure how that is working. I'm guessing the NHL playoffs is done much safer

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
People have been travelling around Canada and the US the entire pandemic. Is cross border travel at zero?
The land borders like the Ambassador Bridge and Peace Bridge are only open to essential travelers and truck drivers.

However you can still fly from Canada to the United States, although it's also said when flying back to Canada you need to quarantine for 14 days.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
The NHL won't be in Toronto. They'll be in the bubble.
Which is in Toronto lol. Doesn’t matter. They get to play hockey but I don’t get to see family. Why can’t I be confined to my family’s house bubble?

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
You can be
No you can’t.
1. You have to fly and quarantine. Many people out of jobs and not making money can’t afford to fly.
2. If your family is in Niagara Falls, NY and you live in Ontario are you going to drive to Toronto and catch a flight to Pittsburgh Or Cleveland and drive up to Niagara instead of driving 10 minutes.
Travel is restricted. There are probably limited flights from Toronto as well. Probably not flying to Pittsburgh or Cleveland anymore and you may have to fly Toronto to NYC to get from Niagara Falls Ontario to Niagara Falls NY.
I’m sorry but no athlete should have a priority over playing a sport than people do visiting family.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
Yeah. Tough. Your getting paid millions. You maybe can not see your family for five weeks. Many of us haven’t seen our family for 3-4 months. Why are they allowed to cross the border for a game?

The NHL is a business... those 1,000 'employees/contractors' are responsible for a multi-billion dollar brand/business.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
No you can’t.
1. You have to fly and quarantine. Many people out of jobs and not making money can’t afford to fly.
2. If your family is in Niagara Falls, NY and you live in Ontario are you going to drive to Toronto and catch a flight to Pittsburgh Or Cleveland and drive up to Niagara instead of driving 10 minutes.
Travel is restricted. There are probably limited flights from Toronto as well. Probably not flying to Pittsburgh or Cleveland anymore and you may have to fly Toronto to NYC to get from Niagara Falls Ontario to Niagara Falls NY.
I’m sorry but no athlete should have a priority over playing a sport than people do visiting family.
It's not a sport it's a tv show business with many employees.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah. Tough. Your getting paid millions. You maybe can not see your family for five weeks. Many of us haven’t seen our family for 3-4 months. Why are they allowed to cross the border for a game?

No I mean they are traveling to not see their families and you can’t travel and can’t see your family. It’s an odd thing to be mad about.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Which is in Toronto lol. Doesn’t matter. They get to play hockey but I don’t get to see family. Why can’t I be confined to my family’s house bubble?

I don’t know your exact situation, but if you are an American citizen with your family there you’re allowed to cross the border to be with them and vice versa. Just need to quarantine when you arrive both there and home....

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
The NHL is a business... those 1,000 'employees/contractors' are responsible for a multi-billion dollar brand/business.
Yes. Non essential. Let’s not forget there is a lot more than the NHL that is shutdown.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
No I mean they are traveling to not see their families and you can’t travel and can’t see your family. It’s an odd thing to be mad about.
Not really. How is it how they can come here to play a sport which is a NON essential business just like many other business that are still NOT allowed to open up yet I can’t cross border to see a family member.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
I don’t know your exact situation, but if you are an American citizen with your family there you’re allowed to cross the border to be with them and vice versa. Just need to quarantine when you arrive both there and home....
YoU are not allowed to drive across the border currently and need a passport to fly for some people at certain ages

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
YoU are not allowed to drive across the border currently and need a passport to fly for some people at certain ages

Well a family member of mine just crossed the border so that is incorrect. You also always need a passport to fly....

Unless your family has a different citizenship from you, you’re allowed to cross the border to be with them (Canadians living in the US can cross into Canada, Americans living in Canada can cross into the US) just need to quarantine when you get there and back.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Well a family member of mine just crossed the border so that is incorrect. You also always need a passport to fly....

Unless your family has a different citizenship from you, you’re allowed to cross the border to be with them
i worded that wrong. Under 16 you don’t need a passport to drive across the border but need one to fly across the border.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
Yes. Non essential. Let’s not forget there is a lot more than the NHL that is shutdown.

1 - Adding approx. 600-700 people to the populations of each Hub city will have no negative impact to each cities public health. Furthermore, the bubble the league is testing should make the probability this impacts the wider populations health practically zero.
2 - Last I checked, most non-essential industries have been given the green light to re-open.

Last edited:

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
1 - Adding approx. 600-700 people to the populations of each Hub city will have no negative impact to each cities public health. The bubble the league is testing should make the probability this impacts the wider populations health practically zero.
2 - Last I checked, most non-essential industries have been given the green light to re-open.
1. It isn’t about the bubble. It is about priority. Why does a sport get a priority over family?
2. “most” non-essential. There are many people who are still out of work. I have no problem with hockey starting up. I have a problem with people allowed to cross the border for NON essential business when we have NON essential businesses here where people are still losing money and many people not allowed to have their family see each other to cross the border.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
1. It isn’t about the bubble. It is about priority. Why does a sport get a priority over family?
2. “most” non-essential. There are many people who are still out of work. I have no problem with hockey starting up. I have a problem with people allowed to cross the border for NON essential business when we have NON essential businesses here where people are still losing money and many people not allowed to have their family see each other to cross the border.

Correct... the public health consideration should be the priority. The NHL returning under the current scenario has no negative public health impact while what you are suggesting (reopening leisure travel to everyone) is much more dangerous.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad