NHL and NHLPA finalize agreement for RTP Stage 3

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I don't get why families can't join the players earlier, in the NBA it's after the 1st round, that may cause some players to drop out. Also is there any explanation of why Toronto is playing in the East and Edmonton in the West? Big advantage for them, I figured they'd have the East in Edmonton and West in Toronto.

You thought Eastern teams would play in the West at Western start times and vice versa? That doesn’t even make sense.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Back to what we're talking about: all sides have agreed to the plan, AND the CBA has been extended for another 4 seasons. (Per TSN and Sportsnet...and, no doubt, other sports outlets.)

Dates to know:

July 13th: Training camp begins.
July 26th: Teams travel to Edmonton & Toronto
August 1st: Qualifying round begins

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Puckclektr
NHL = ceases activity in March
Your wife's business = ceases activity in March
------------
NHL = will resume activity in the near future
Your wife's business = has already resumed activity

What's the problem?

By the way, what is your wife's line of business?
He thinks his wife's business could have operated safely this whole time so as retribution, other businesses should not be allowed to open now.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
That is exactly my point. It could’ve easily been open while following proper protocols. And my opinion is relevant when we lost lots of money.

So we have learned a few things:

1. You claimed the business to be essential, but based on this it's only essential in the sense it makes you money
2. You are angry at the government for issuing a lockdown, but don't feel your wife's business should have to follow it like all other businesses, including the NHL
3. Now that non-essential businesses are allowed to open you've chosen to have some misguided vendetta with the NHL
4. You feel Covid-19 is too dangerous because you want other businesses to have more hardship because you lost some money.
5. You have been arguing in bad faith this entire time.

This all has nothing to do with good,or bad, safe vs not safe, essential vs non-essential. This is you being angry your wife's business was shut down like all other non-essentials and are acting like a child because of it.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
So we have learned a few things:

1. You claimed the business to be essential, but based on this it's only essential in the sense it makes you money
2. You are angry at the government for issuing a lockdown, but don't feel your wife's business should have to follow it like all other businesses, including the NHL
3. Now that non-essential businesses are allowed to open you've chosen to have some misguided vendetta with the NHL
4. You feel Covid-19 is too dangerous because you want other businesses to have more hardship because you lost some money.
5. You have been arguing in bad faith this entire time.

This all has nothing to do with good,or bad, safe vs not safe, essential vs non-essential. This is you being angry your wife's business was shut down like all other non-essentials and are acting like a child because of it.
all five of those points I never said and don’t agree with. Lol. You’re twisting my words. We can just agree to disagree. We are getting nowhere.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
all five of those points I never said and don’t agree with. Lol. You’re twisting my words. We can just agree to disagree. We are getting nowhere.
We're not getting anywhere because you've been dressing up your infantile jealousy and bitterness at personal inconvenience as a concern for public health while not being able to comprehend the current situation

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
That is exactly my point. It could’ve easily been open while following proper protocols. And my opinion is relevant when we lost lots of money.
Is your frustration with the government’s restrictions, because your wife could have had her business open safely during the time it was forced to stay closed? That’s a reason I can accept.
But why the frustration with the NHL, who (just like your wife) were forced to close up shop?

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Very good news. Having the national sport back is huge for the morale of a great portion of the population.

The Premier League restart has been great here in the UK, I see no reason why the NHL restart won't be as successful in Canada.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

I mean,y did either directly say or otherwise imply each and every one of them. But yes, we can all disagree you have been dishonest/petty/childish move and on.

alphabetical

May 8, 2013
Well, some snowflake has really melted down and washed this thread off topic.

It sounds like they're doing everything they can do, but I do wonder what player exclusions will happen before things even start. That will really set the scene...

Reactions: Satoru Gojo

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Is your frustration with the government’s restrictions, because your wife could have had her business open safely during the time it was forced to stay closed? That’s a reason I can accept.
But why the frustration with the NHL, who (just like your wife) were forced to close up shop?
not frustrated with the NHL. I just think there are many business that we’re not allowed to open, many regionally because of COVID19 and Some for good reason. But there were many people in many different business categories that felt they should’ve been opened as they were essential.
Covid isn’t as bad as it was two months ago. But we’re are not in the clear and I think that playing hockey is not something that is essential.
I get they’ll live in a bubble. But what happens when there is an outbreak there? Does it become Toronto or Ontario’s problem? How many people are going to follow the rules? Everywhere I go be it work, stores, wherever, not everyone is following the rules.
We are not out of the water right now and I know most people commenting have been disagreeing with me, but many people including NHL players still feel as though it shouldn’t be started up. Much of that is the accuracy of the testing as well.
As for my wife’s business. I get everyone lost business. I’ve supported a lot of what the government has done. I’ve accepted the terms we lost money and I know many people are in the same situation.
But you can’t have a double standard. I think many of these players flying in from regions in the United States and then coming to Canada into the bubble isn’t safe enough. I’m not worried much about outside the bubble. I’m worried about an outbreak inside the bubble and what happens then. Does the NHL have their own hospital inside or are they going to use ours? Are those workers going to leave in fear when there is an outbreak. The tests are not accurate especially when you dont have any symptoms. my boss had symptoms and was in the hospital on oxygen and the first two tests were negative.
As for the border. I still stand by that. I don’t think you should allow people to come into this country to play a hockey game and not allow other people to see families. Either nobody or everybody. I think right now it should be nobody. I wanna see family and understand why I can’t see my family. I’m canadian but virtually all my family is across the border.
im not trying to be a baby. I wasn’t dishonest like someone said. I just think that we are still in a pandemic and some regions worse than others. That’s where people disagree. I’m just getting attacked and when I have a valid reason to be upset when ours and many others business was forced to close when it could’ve been controlled yet the government is allowing this to open up. I get it helps the economy. But so did all the small business that were shit down. We were shutdown for valid reasons. The same reason the NHL should remain shutdown. We don’t need the NHL.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
not frustrated with the NHL. I just think there are many business that we’re not allowed to open, many regionally because of COVID19 and Some for good reason. But there were many people in many different business categories that felt they should’ve been opened as they were essential.
Covid isn’t as bad as it was two months ago. But we’re are not in the clear and I think that playing hockey is not something that is essential.
I get they’ll live in a bubble. But what happens when there is an outbreak there? Does it become Toronto or Ontario’s problem? How many people are going to follow the rules? Everywhere I go be it work, stores, wherever, not everyone is following the rules.
We are not out of the water right now and I know most people commenting have been disagreeing with me, but many people including NHL players still feel as though it shouldn’t be started up. Much of that is the accuracy of the testing as well.
As for my wife’s business. I get everyone lost business. I’ve supported a lot of what the government has done. I’ve accepted the terms we lost money and I know many people are in the same situation.
But you can’t have a double standard. I think many of these players flying in from regions in the United States and then coming to Canada into the bubble isn’t safe enough. I’m not worried much about outside the bubble. I’m worried about an outbreak inside the bubble and what happens then. Does the NHL have their own hospital inside or are they going to use ours? Are those workers going to leave in fear when there is an outbreak. The tests are not accurate especially when you dont have any symptoms. my boss had symptoms and was in the hospital on oxygen and the first two tests were negative.
As for the border. I still stand by that. I don’t think you should allow people to come into this country to play a hockey game and not allow other people to see families. Either nobody or everybody. I think right now it should be nobody. I wanna see family and understand why I can’t see my family. I’m canadian but virtually all my family is across the border.
im not trying to be a baby. I wasn’t dishonest like someone said. I just think that we are still in a pandemic and some regions worse than others. That’s where people disagree. I’m just getting attacked and when I have a valid reason to be upset when ours and many others business was forced to close when it could’ve been controlled yet the government is allowing this to open up. I get it helps the economy. But so did all the small business that were shit down. We were shutdown for valid reasons. The same reason the NHL should remain shutdown. We don’t need the NHL.

I can understand your frustration with local and provincial governments making concessions for the NHL, when they weren’t even listening to small business owners before. And add to that knowing BC refused to make any concessions to the NHL, and Alberta and Ontario did.

Reactions: Puckclektr

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Will both cities have multiple facilities to play games? Assuming the first games are played on Aug 1 and the Lafreniere lottery is Aug 10, all eight best-of-five game series matchups would need to be completed within that timeframe.

Just trying to wrap my head around the scheduling.

Reactions: PositiveCashFlow

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
I can understand your frustration with local and provincial governments making concessions for the NHL, when they weren’t even listening to small business owners before. And add to that knowing BC refused to make any concessions to the NHL, and Alberta and Ontario did.
I agree.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
Will both cities have multiple facilities to play games? Assuming the first games are played on Aug 1 and the Lafreniere lottery is Aug 10, all eight best-of-five game series matchups would need to be completed within that timeframe.

Just trying to wrap my head around the scheduling.

City Manager said that a few games will be played at Terwillegar Rec centre but I don’t believe it.

Reactions: joestevens29

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Back to what we're talking about: all sides have agreed to the plan, AND the CBA has been extended for another 4 seasons. (Per TSN and Sportsnet...and, no doubt, other sports outlets.)

Dates to know:

July 13th: Training camp begins.
July 26th: Teams travel to Edmonton & Toronto
August 1st: Qualifying round begins

Ooh that should be the other way around to avoid an MLS/NBA situation.

July 13th: teams travel to Canada
July 27th: Training camps begin.

Mr. Bettman, get these men out of America.

Reactions: MessierII

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Can't believe how many of you are actually wasting your energy with multiple responses to this guy.

Also can't believe I read half of it... I blame all of you.
Funny thing is that there is a report that says up to 75% of players don’t want to start up again and many think the nhl isn’t taking this serious and only concerned with money and not player safety.
Look at the amount of players testing positive and the failure rate of the tests on people without symptoms.
Yeah let’s fly them in here in another week and a bit. And then trust that everyone follows the rules.
But apparently I’m childish. Lol.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
somebody in ontario correct me if i'm wrong but didn't ford's initial list of essential businesses include basically everything?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Funny thing is that there is a report that says up to 75% of players don’t want to start up again and many think the nhl isn’t taking this serious and only concerned with money and not player safety.
Look at the amount of players testing positive and the failure rate of the tests on people without symptoms.
Yeah let’s fly them in here in another week and a bit. And then trust that everyone follows the rules.
One of the 8 players Engels spoke with said he thought maybe 75% of players didn't want to come back.
Who is many? Read the tsn report on the NHL's plan

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Ooh that should be the other way around to avoid an MLS/NBA situation.

July 13th: teams travel to Canada
July 27th: Training camps begin.

Mr. Bettman, get these men out of America.

There isn’t enough room to hold 24 training camps in two cities.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013

Yet they're going to play... colour me surprised.

somebody in ontario correct me if i'm wrong but didn't ford's initial list of essential businesses include basically everything?

There were a lot deemed non-essential still... but there was still a significant amount that were essential.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
I don't get why families can't join the players earlier, in the NBA it's after the 1st round, that may cause some players to drop out. Also is there any explanation of why Toronto is playing in the East and Edmonton in the West? Big advantage for them, I figured they'd have the East in Edmonton and West in Toronto.
Are you serious? Basketball has 10 players....hockey has 30 plus more staff...that’s and extra 20 or so families to bring in. And it’s only one extra round versus nba...there are tons of people that go months without seeing their families. Not sure why it’s such a big deal to go 5 weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->