NHL and NHLPA finalize agreement for RTP Stage 3

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Also. I’m sure if you had a business that was told to shutdown and then the government allows the NHL to open up you’d be pretty pissed. Our business easily could’ve been controlled but the government said NOPE. But we were OK with that. We understood. We were frustrated that it could’ve been opened and wished the government could listen to an individual case LIKE THEY DID WITH THE NHL.
Yet we still have numerous cases reported everyday and this business is allowed and we are out tens of thousands of dollars. Much of our retirement fund is gone.
Yet millionAires are allowed to plaY that is complete horseshit.
Ask people who have been told to shut down their business what they think.
Getting unemployment or cerb doesn’t make it to bad. But business have lots of overhead you still have to pay.
Do you really think people who lost that much money when the government forced them to shutdown but allows a hockey game to open up while we STILL have a pandemic is okay with people.
For the people still living in mommy’s basement who want to watch hockey of course it’s not a problem. But the double standard is strong on this.
Again, the NHL has been closed, no money coming in this whole time, they are still closed. I don't have any sympathy for the billionaire owners or the players, but it is resuming play in a controlled environment at the same time your wife's business is being allowed to resume. Think about it for a second.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Also. I’m sure if you had a business that was told to shutdown and then the government allows the NHL to open up you’d be pretty pissed. Our business easily could’ve been controlled but the government said NOPE. But we were OK with that. We understood. We were frustrated that it could’ve been opened and wished the government could listen to an individual case LIKE THEY DID WITH THE NHL.
Yet we still have numerous cases reported everyday and this business is allowed and we are out tens of thousands of dollars. Much of our retirement fund is gone.
Yet millionAires are allowed to plaY that is complete horseshit.
Ask people who have been told to shut down their business what they think.
Getting unemployment or cerb doesn’t make it to bad. But business have lots of overhead you still have to pay.
Do you really think people who lost that much money when the government forced them to shutdown but allows a hockey game to open up while we STILL have a pandemic is okay with people.
For the people still living in mommy’s basement who want to watch hockey of course it’s not a problem. But the double standard is strong on this.

The NHL shut down, and now (as with other businesses) they are allowed to reopen, but with restrictions. They are meeting those restrictions.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
She is from the states got married here and had a family here. Many families at the border are NOT allowed to visit when driving over.

OK. Let's focus on the "she" that you mentioned now in your post.

If "she" is a Canadian citizen living in United States, and "she" is visiting another immediate family member who is also a Canadian citizen living in Canada, then "she" would be allowed to travel to Canada. "She" would have to quarantine for 14-days upon arriving in Canada.

Citizenship is a key here.

If either party is not a Canadian citizen in the scenario described in the paragraph above, then I think it would not be allowed.

Although I don't know for sure, if the situation was reversed whereby a U.S. citizen that lives in Canada wants to visit an immediate family member in the U.S. who is also a U.S. citizen, then I think that is probably allowed as well. I'm not 100% sure of that, but Canada/U.S. regulations are very reciprocal in this kind of situation. I know these things because I've been dealing with these things both personally and professional for a few decades.

I didn't understand most of the rest of your post, but hopefully this clarifies & is helpful.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Covid19 is still an important issue. And can get worse. We are still following rules and IMO deeming something that is NEVER essential an essential business opening up when we still have cases and problems is not fair for the people that had businesses that they could’ve controlled properly but were not allowed because they were deemed NOT essential.
I don’t agree with the government changing their opinions on what is essential and what is not.

No one. NO ONE, is calling hockey essential. That's why it hasn't been an option until now. But like so many other non-essential businesses they are now premitted too open.

I sat on the Keg patio for dinner and another patio twice for lunch. I have been to a splash pad twice with my daughter that had life guards, I ordered new rollerblade wheels from a sports shop.. the list goes on. Guess what, not a single one of those were essential. We are passed the essential only phase.

Repeat with me, we are passed the essential only phase.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Again, the NHL has been closed, no money coming in this whole time, they are still closed. I don't have any sympathy for the billionaire owners or the players, but it is resuming play in a controlled environment at the same time your wife's business is being allowed to resume. Think about it for a second.
You don’t get it. My wife could’ve controlled her business but wasn’t allowed too. the NHL is allowed to. Double standard. My wife owns an essential business. The NHL's NOT essential. Covid is still an issue.
Not gonna go back and forth. We can agree to disagree.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
no. It’s the government deciding what is essential and not doing a good job of it.
I do t think it’s fair that a bunch of millionaires should be allowed to work up here while taking private chartered flights while people can’t visit a family member across the border. Those people come here to play hockey and other people told to bad you can’t run your business. when you lose tens of thousands of dollars you’d be pissed as well.
Do you accept there a 1000’s of farm workers coming here?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
no. It’s the government deciding what is essential and not doing a good job of it.
I do t think it’s fair that a bunch of millionaires should be allowed to work up here while taking private chartered flights while people can’t visit a family member across the border. Those people come here to play hockey and other people told to bad you can’t run your business. when you lose tens of thousands of dollars you’d be pissed as well.
You keep combining these two issues. This is a small group flying in to do a job in isolation. Not the same as you and millions like you visiting family across the border during a pandemic.

Reactions: joestevens29

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
OK. Let's focus on the "she" that you mentioned now in your post.

If "she" is a Canadian citizen living in United States, and "she" is visiting another immediate family member who is also a Canadian citizen living in Canada, then "she" would be allowed to travel to Canada. "She" would have to quarantine for 14-days upon arriving in Canada.

Citizenship is a key here.

If either party is not a Canadian citizen in the scenario described in the paragraph above, then I think it would not be allowed.

Although I don't know for sure, if the situation was reversed whereby a U.S. citizen that lives in Canada wants to visit an immediate family member in the U.S. who is also a U.S. citizen, then I think that is probably allowed as well. I'm not 100% sure of that, but Canada/U.S. regulations are very reciprocal in this kind of situation. I know these things because I've been dealing with these things both personally and professional for a few decades.

I didn't understand most of the rest of your post, but hopefully this clarifies & is helpful.
Trust me. It’s NOT allowed.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
You don’t get it. My wife could’ve controlled her business but wasn’t allowed too. the NHL is allowed to. Double standard. My wife owns an essential business. The NHL's NOT essential. Covid is still an issue.
Yeah they are allowed to now. Not back in March, April, May, June. Of course the NHL is not essential. But non-essential businesses are opening back up now. Do you see?

Reactions: joestevens29

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Do you accept there a 1000’s of farm workers coming here?
Yes. And many of them were tested and suppose to be COVID free which was clearly NOT the case. those workers Shop at all the local stores As well and actually were supposed to be quarantined and were NOT.
not to mention. Picking vegetables is essential. Lol.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

If your wife's business was truely essential it would have been open. Your opinion of it being essential is irrelevant, just like your opinion on the NHL reopening.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
The NHL probably helps the economy more than your wife's business.

What makes you think otherwise.
Because it isn’t just about the economy. It’s about individual pay as well. My wife business helps my local economy more than the NHL does.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Trust me. It’s NOT allowed.
OK, because I can't understand what you are talking about anyways.

I can say with 100% confidence that the info I posted is (100%) true & valid. You can check the regulations yourself (url was provided).

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Yeah they are allowed to now. Not back in March, April, May, June. Of course the NHL is not essential. But non-essential businesses are opening back up now. Do you see?
Yes I see. But we have how many players tested positive now. How many are going to be tested negative and actually be positive and it spreads in the bubble. What happens then. Do they have their own hospital in the bubble? Are Workers going to say f*** this aNd leave the bubble? Or are they all going to stay In This bubble and pas it around.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
If your wife's business was truely essential it would have been open. Your opinion of it being essential is irrelevant, just like your opinion on the NHL reopening.
That is exactly my point. It could’ve easily been open while following proper protocols. And my opinion is relevant when we lost lots of money.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yes. And many of them were tested and suppose to be COVID free which was clearly NOT the case. those workers Shop at all the local stores As well and actually were supposed to be quarantined and were NOT.
not to mention. Picking vegetables is essential. Lol.
So why can’t the NHL restart their business providing they are following restrictions?

Reactions: Auston Escobar

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
You’re right keeping the economy from crashing is essential. But this is a drop in the bucket.

NHL on TV creates advertising for companies that employ hundreds of thousands of employees (on the aggregate) and let's all those ppl spend money back into the economy.

Drop?

No advertising = No revenue = No more company

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Ya. Let’s forget about the tens of thousands I lost. Seriously.
The money lost is terrible. But she’s allowed to open, following new guidelines, and try to minimize the damage. The NHL lost 1 billion, or 25% of their total revenues. Now, with new restrictions, they are trying to recover some of those dollars.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Ya. Let’s forget about the tens of thousands I lost. Seriously.
That's not the issue. Should the NHL stay closed until you recoup the losses? Just want to understand the logic.
She's open now. Other non-essentials are open now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad