Dreger: Muzzin and the Leafs getting close to an extension

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
It is very simple logic. Mathews plays for Toronto and thus negotiated his contract with Toronto making that Matthews' money while McDavid plays for Edmonton and negotiated his contract with Edmonton making that McDavid's money.
So no logical link to the post you quoted.

OK.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
That's a good way to run your stars completely into the ground by the middle of the 2nd let alone third round and have them be giving up breakaways to the Dominic Moores of the world.

Most teams that go to the finals usually have their 4th line buy a couple games for them outright not even getting to special teams or in game physical impact

No, because by playing stars 25 minutes a night, my team would sweep the 1st round, and therefore have plenty of time to rest before the next round begins

I really should write a book

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
No, because by playing stars 25 minutes a night, my team would sweep the 1st round, and therefore have plenty of time to rest before the next round begins

I really should write a book

You should, we could all use a good laugh. And we might not even get to laugh at Toronto in the payoffs this year the way things are going

deeb

Feb 10, 2020
Everyone "overpays" everyone as the cap goes up each year. The Leafs living rent free in your head clouds your judgement though
Matthews contract being a gross over payment lives rent free in your head causing you to make excuses.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Matthews contract being a gross over payment lives rent free in your head causing you to make excuses.

Matthews is an overpayment but not a "gross overpayment". The same way Panarin is an overpayment.

At most those guys are making ~$2 mill too much but Matthew's or Panarin at $9.5M would be great contracts and nobody would complain. Both of them should be around $10.5M

John Toews is a gross overpayment

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Hope we re-sign him. We’ve got an abundance of LHDs, yes, but I love what Muzzin brings. Terrific hitter, good defensively, pretty good offensively too, just a rock solid dman. Anything around 5 years, $6 mil per year I’d be happy with.

If we do sign him, though, a trade is coming. One of Rielly/Dermott/Sandin, hopefully for an RHD.

Reactions: Lilou

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I HIGHLY doubt he gets 7 years Matthews and Marner didn't even get 7 years

I think it depends on what Muzzin wants. Matthews and Marner have shorter deals so they can walk to UFA quicker and cash in. Muzzin won’t be seeing as big of a payday plus he’s already UFA. But I do doubt that Dubas would want to sign him that long, so you’re probably right.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I think it depends on what Muzzin wants. Matthews and Marner have shorter deals so they can walk to UFA quicker and cash in. Muzzin won’t be seeing as big of a payday plus he’s already UFA. But I do doubt that Dubas would want to sign him that long, so you’re probably right.

Marner at 6 years isn't short, and Matthews wanted 8 years - Dubas is the one who pushed for the shorter term.

Muzzin will get 4 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad