Jori Lehterä implicated in investigation into Finnish cocaine ring

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
The Flyers don't because he has an employment contract that is subject to a collective bargaining agreement.

A regular at-will employee can be fired for any reason that hasn't specifically been made illegal by public policy, like their race or sex. If the guy who wears the Gritty costume had an allegation like this surface he'd be terminated before the day was over.

I figured as much but I was just stating that overall I don't agree that companies should have the ability to just fire people for whatever. You're not being paid 24/7 to act in a manner that is aligned with a company. Loads of people don't agree with that but whatever.

HeyHanrahan

Sep 20, 2018
PA
In hindsight, this could really explain Gritty's appearance. Jori "the pusher man" Lehterä.

For his sake I hope he wasn't involved. From a hockey standpoint it would be addition by subtraction.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
This reminds me of the revealed association between the Kostitsyn brothers with a local mobster while the former were on the Canadiens. It was a huge deal in the Montreal media – what isn't with reference to the Habs? – and then blew over.

That being said, I could definitely see Lehtera's chance of being waived rising, even if the FO doesn't cite the allegations as an issue. Conventional wisdom had him on the bubble before this story broke.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This reminds me of the revealed association between the Kostitsyn brothers with a local mobster while the former were on the Canadiens. It was a huge deal in the Montreal media – what isn't with reference to the Habs? – and then blew over.

That being said, I could definitely see Lehtera's chance of being waived rising, even if the FO doesn't cite the allegations as an issue. Conventional wisdom had him on the bubble before this story broke.

Eastern European/Russian players having ties to individuals linked to Russian organized crime probably shouldn't be as scanadalous as we'd make it. The lines between crime, state, and businesses are a lot more blurred than they are here. I'd care more about a NA player having links to the Mafia.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I know we don't know anything yet, but Hextall definitely has the mentality vets should show the younger players the way. Any question to Jori's character or judgment should affect his chances of making this team regardless of charges.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Flyers need to suspend him from all team activities.

Don';t need a drug pusher hanging around the young players.

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
full

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
O please... we are 29th on PK for 3 years now... and that means someone is doing crack!!! PK coach, head coach GM? no one is doing anything about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad