Jori Lehterä implicated in investigation into Finnish cocaine ring

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
If he's under investigation for this very serious crime, he should be suspended immediately. Don't even try with that ****.

You don't let this "play out" you remove him from the team until he's been cleared, if he's been cleared.

Suspension doesn't mean cut, it doesn't mean waived, it doesn't mean cap clear, it doesn't mean you're trying to do something dirty, like the Kings.

It means he's barred from team activities until further notice. He sucks anyway, he might have been waived regardless of this story. Flyers should be proactive.

Can't see him being suspended until we know more, but I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a LOA

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
**** Lehtera but at this point he’s still innocent.

Innocent until proven guilty has to apply to people you dislike too.

Definitely. But he at least associates with people who are guilty...so you would think a GM who is all about character would take issue with this news.

He should be waived based on the fact that hes terrible at hockey...but if hextall was planning on keeping him bc of character I would hope this changes that.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
**** Lehtera but at this point he’s still innocent.

Innocent until proven guilty has to apply to people you dislike too.

Regarding his life, yes.

However in a private institution with this much public facing. The Flyers have every right to remove him from said public until they feel comfortable. And as a team that claims to hold itself in the highest regard of morals. I can't imagine this sitting very well with Holmgren/Hextall and now the big boss Dave Scott.

kammy

Jun 29, 2007
It's a setup by the HFBoards cabal that hates him! Make Finnish Cocaine Great Again! I support Jori! The dishonest news media can't be trusted! Four more years! Four more years! George Soros is a known supporter of this particular news outlet and he has a burner account on HFBoards! The truth will come to light! #MFCGA
UnequaledMiniatureIsabellineshrike-max-1mb.gif

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I can't support Deadpool and Striiker's points enough. Innocence until proof of guilt is the foundation of our justice system.

That being said, this offseason has suddenly turned into Snöw Whïte and the 7 Flyers: Gritty, Hitty, Flaily, Creaky, Horsey, Heavy, and Injury.

The justice system has nothing to do with a private entity concerned about character values.

I'm not saying sending him to prison immediately.

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This actually makes it harder to waive Lehtera, until the situation is resolved, because you'd be punishing him for unsubstantiated allegations.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I can't support Deadpool and Striiker's points enough. Innocence until proof of guilt is the foundation of our justice system.

That being said, this offseason has suddenly turned into Snöw Whïte and the 7 Flyers: Gritty, Hitty, Flaily, Creaky, Horsey, Heavy, and Injury.

I'm going to have to ask you to never ever ever ever form a sentence like this gain. :laugh:

I'm going to need a multi-word buffer zone next time.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Regarding his life, yes.

However in a private institution with this much public facing. The Flyers have every right to remove him from said public until they feel comfortable. And as a team that claims to hold itself in the highest regard of morals. I can't imagine this sitting very well with Holmgren/Hextall and now the big boss Dave Scott.
Sure, they have the right to do whatever they want, but it's a dangerous precedent to set. Maybe he's guilty, maybe he's not... but if you dump him because of it then what if next time there's an allegation against a star player? Do you dump him to be consistent? What if turns out to be 100% false?

I think the right choice is to just do nothing and monitor the situation. If there's real evidence against him, then you make a decision, but right now I think they should assume he's innocent until there's a reason not to.

Reactions: BernieParent

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Sure, they have the right to do whatever they want, but it's a dangerous precedent to set. Maybe he's guilty, maybe he's not... but if you dump him because of it then what if next time there's an allegation against a star player? Do you dump him to be consistent? What if turns out to be 100% false?

I think the right choice is to just do nothing and monitor the situation. If there's real evidence against him, then you make a decision, but right now I think they should assume he's innocent until there's a reason not to.

He will still get paid on suspension, he'll still be counted as a contract, he'll still be on the team.

A Suspension removes him from this team temporarily until the situation is resolved.

Why is everybody acting like I want this man drawed and quartered.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
This actually makes it harder to waive Lehtera, until the situation is resolved, because you'd be punishing him for unsubstantiated allegations.

Under CBA article 18 I would *guess* he could be suspended.

All he needs to have done:

violate a League Rule applicable to Players that is detrimental to or against the welfare of the League or the game of hockey

If that is found to be true it is not just suspension that can happen, but SPC termination. There needs to be no criminal conviction, just the commissioner decide he broke a league rule.

And if he did not inform the Flyers about this initially then he has already surely breached his SPC.

Can be suspended even before the leagues formal review in such a case because it can create a substantial risk of material harm to the legitimate interests and/or reputation of the League. So even if he has not broken a rule per-say that can still suspend him until the commissioner and league meet to decide on what is appropriate.

And they could 100% still waive him to the Phantoms today, there is no rule stopping them.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He will still get paid on suspension, he'll still be counted as a contract, he'll still be on the team.

A Suspension removes him from this team temporarily until the situation is resolved.

Why is everybody acting like I want this man drawed and quartered.
I'm just saying what I personally think is the right thing for the team to do (other than telling him to f*** off due to his hockey performance).

I'm just consistent with my stance on this type of thing. I think it's wrong to take any kind of action when all there's only the suggestion, but no proof, of wrongdoing.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I think the NHLPA would fight it if the Flyers tried to demote him now.
We all dont like him as a player. But we have to let things play out.

They could, but there is a ton of credible evidence that provides that Lehtera isn't an NHL quality player anymore, if he's waived, he still gets his entire paycheck.

The NHLPA would have almost no leg to stand on.

Reactions: Rebels57 and Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad