Jori Lehterä implicated in investigation into Finnish cocaine ring

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Not sure if it needs its own thread so as not to fill up other ones... and I would guess it is a minor offense if anything, but still a crazy story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report: Flyers’ Jori Lehtera a suspect in Finland cocaine ring

Jori Lehtera, a veteran center who is battling to win a roster spot with the Flyers, is one of 23 suspects involved in a cocaine ring in Finland, according to Finnish news outlet MTV.

Lehtera, 30, denies any involvement, the news outlet reported. MTV said that about two kilos of cocaine were involved, and that some of the suspects were arrested at Lehtera's summer home.
The NHL is investigating the matter.

Lehtera, a Helsinki native, did not participate in the Flyers practice Wednesday in Voorhees.

Flyers general manger Ron Hextall issued a statement about the situation: "We have spoken with Jori Lehtera and the league office regarding the reports out of Finland, and will reserve any further comment on the matter at this time."

After practice Wednesday, Hextall said: "I don't know any details, so there's nothing to comment on."
Source: Sam Carchidi, Philly.com:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I know people dislike him on the ice, but let's wait and see what happens here. He's denying it, and for his sake, as much as I want him off the team, I hope he isn't involved in this ****

Well of course he will deny it. He's also in another country, he's probably the safest guy out there right now until he's formally charged.

Flyers need to suspend him immediately.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I still find it staggering they got away with that. They sacked someone who was never found guilty of a crime.
They didn’t “get away with it”. They had to pay him out and he is on their books also.

Grand scheme though they got off way easier than they should

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
tumblr_o9v1esOeW21v6h6rvo1_r1_400.gif

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Well of course he will deny it. He's also in another country, he's probably the safest guy out there right now until he's formally charged.

Flyers need to suspend him immediately.
No they should not suspend him immediately. We are not the Kings organization who react to news before we have more facts about the situation

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
No they should not suspend him immediately. We are not the Kings organization who react to news before we have more facts about the situation

If he's under investigation for this very serious crime, he should be suspended immediately. Don't even try with that shit.

You don't let this "play out" you remove him from the team until he's been cleared, if he's been cleared.

Suspension doesn't mean cut, it doesn't mean waived, it doesn't mean cap clear, it doesn't mean you're trying to do something dirty, like the Kings.

It means he's barred from team activities until further notice. He sucks anyway, he might have been waived regardless of this story. Flyers should be proactive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad