Jori Lehterä implicated in investigation into Finnish cocaine ring

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I understand your thinking, but would you say the same thing if it was Giroux or Patrick? I mean probably not, so I hope for him he is not guilty and they shouldn't suspend someone without formal accusation. As for hockey, he suck and shouldn't make the team even if he was the greatest guy on earth.

I'm not like one of these team first guys.

If the player is a piece of shit and is a criminal. I want him gone. I don't care if the Flyers go 0-82

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
1FDEE59C-D68D-4ABF-AEC4-35F293113317.jpeg
From today's Courier Post article:

“On the ice, Lehts does things on a daily basis that are extremely consistent,” coach Dave Hakstol said. “He’s a reliable guy in every role that we put him in.”

"Lehterä had three goals and eight points in 62 games last year for the Flyers."

Ok, a question for all you funny joker guys out there.

If Jori can't play, who in the world is going replace those three goals and all that extreme consistency?

Best post I’ve come across today! Who will replace a consistent below replacement level forward offensively?

Even-Strength Regularized Adjusted Plus-Minus (Offensive Stats Only): Plus-Minus independent of teammate and opponent effects. Components included are Goals For, Expected Goals For, & Corsi For. EV RAPM Per @EvolvingWild on Twitter (& evolving-hockey.com)

Attachments

• 1F292C86-84F8-4A93-92F0-85F6E9141E4C.jpeg
    1F292C86-84F8-4A93-92F0-85F6E9141E4C.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 6

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I understand your thinking, but would you say the same thing if it was Giroux or Patrick? I mean probably not, so I hope for him he is not guilty and they shouldn't suspend someone without formal accusation. As for hockey, he suck and shouldn't make the team even if he was the greatest guy on earth.
I know I would be nowhere near as jovial about the situation but I'd still want things done properly, on-ice production be damned. We'd never hear the end of it if it was otherwise, and rightfully so. It be hard to be on a high horse about other team's shortcomings if people can answer back "At least our current team captain isn't Tony Montana."

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hey @deadhead you must have missed this. Do you agree with Hak that Lehtera ia reliable?

Lehtera is very reliable, he's not very good, but he is reliable.
He's a smart, tough player who just lacks any sort of footspeed.

He also played 9 minutes a night over such stalwarts as Weise, Leier and Read last season.
If you think that's a mark of favoritism, well, send me some of what you're smoking.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
From today's Courier Post article:

“On the ice, Lehts does things on a daily basis that are extremely consistent,” coach Dave Hakstol said. “He’s a reliable guy in every role that we put him in.”

"Lehterä had three goals and eight points in 62 games last year for the Flyers."

Ok, a question for all you funny joker guys out there.

If Jori can't play, who in the world is going replace those three goals and all that extreme consistency?

That's quite a tricky question since we all know very well that the coach has no other option. I.e. it seems like the 4th line will only include 2 forwards

Reactions: Foggy14

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Has Hakstol ever thrown a player under the bus?
So don't expect him to say things like:

"gee, Ron stuck me with a bunch of losers at the bottom of the roster, 'snail' Lehtera, 'no hands' Leier, 'toast' Read and the 'famous Mr Ed' Weise. Snail is the most reliable of the four, which of course, is like saying Samwise is the biggest Hobbit."

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Like whom? Last year he had to play 2 of Lehtera, Weise, Read and Leier.

Read was the best PK but was cooked at ES.
Leier was awful on the PK, ok at ES but couldn't score.
Weise was the best of the four in terms of scoring but otherwise awful.
And then there was Lehtera, who was "reliably" mediocre.

So nitpicking over which 2 of these 4 you play is as usual, an exercise in trivial pursuit.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
So they played him in Boston. Any further update from the authorities in Finland or the NHL? If not, maybe that's why they are holding off on the last forward cut?
No updates on finnish media. I thought it was bad sign (good for Jori) that they played him in Boston. Atleast there was no suspension from league.

RonHextall27

Mar 12, 2008
Halifax, NS
Most impressive thing I've ever seen from Lehtera was when he almost knocked over Chara on the wall. Despite all his short comings that was a solid collision and he shook Chara.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad