Post-Game Talk: Jets 2.0 beat Jets 1.0 5-3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
We see many of these same things in coaches that have won. Babcock, Sutter, Quenville. They are all quilty of the same things. They want their top players to be happy and will often give them more opportunists to rebound then anyone else.

True and i agree with coaches with that same mentally. Which is ok.

The dilemma now that Mo have is
He has a generational sniper waiting and not getting the opportunity.
That contract of 5 years at 8.2M for Wheeler will be a key how Laine will sign.
We shall see how it plays out

Reactions: 19GoalsInPlayoffs

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Keeping Nuge over Hall is an all-time boneheaded move
OT but why give up either?
Hall would look pretty good on McD's wing which would leave RNH to center a line.
They have great centers but RNH plays wing a lot.

Reactions: purdy44

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
We see many of these same things in coaches that have won. Babcock, Sutter, Quenville. They are all quilty of the same things. They want their top players to be happy and will often give them more opportunists to rebound then anyone else.

Sure but if he can take a vet like Buff off the top PP then he can break apart Scheifele and Wheeler. Its not like he hasn't given them plenty of time to work it out.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I don't think most people understand the dynamics of losing the room. You lose the room. Kiss the season goodbye.

I think if you need to try to please your players to keep the room, you are in the wrong job. A coach doesn't need to be (or maybe shouldn't be) "friends" with their players, but they do need their respect. One way to get that is to have integrity both as a person and as a coach. All the better if you combine that with getting results... with that kind of respect comes natural authority. The players should never feel like they are running the show - they should have a say, and certain freedoms, but ultimately if they feel they are calling the shots, why is there even a coach in the first place?

I have faith in Maurice's people skills, he has charisma and a good presence, but the way he utilizes his team has me a bit baffled. Taking into account how good a top-6 he had with CSW and ESL last season after getting Stastny, I sort of understand why he wants to keep CSW together and make ELL=ESL, but I'm not so sure it's going to work out. Besides, the best team game the Jets had was during Scheifele injury. I think it does wonders to the room when even the bottom-6 feel like they are important contributors, not just warm bodies and when all the top-6 players get decent ice time. They looked more like a great team than ever. Do they look like a great team now?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
There were big concerns this time last year with the amount of shots we were giving up as well as how poor our underlying metrics were. I am not particularly happy with how we have played but we know how this team can dominate all phases of the game when they are firing on all cylinders. I think Moe could help with a shake up of the top two lines but I am sure Scheifele and Wheeler will break out of their sloppy play.

Reactions: ulf

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
True and i agree with coaches with that same mentally. Which is ok.

The dilemma now that Mo have is
He has a generational sniper waiting and not getting the opportunity.
That contract of 5 years at 8.2M for Wheeler will be a key how Laine will sign.
We shall see how it plays out
How is Laine not getting an opportunity? Since an 18 y/o raw rookie he has never played outside of the top 6 and has from day 1 been the trigger man on the #1 PP. A PP unit that is considered among the top couple in the NHL. Considering some of the other weaknesses in his game he has been given every opportunity to exceed. Let's not forget #2 picks usually have far less to work with during their first few years. Laine will supplant Wheeler in due course. It is okay if it is a year or 2 down the line.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'm so blessed we have such an amazing player like Laine. I mean, he's probably the least selfish player on this team and considering most of the players on this team aren't selfish that says a lot.

Brossoit played awesome, those two goals he let in by Keller weren't that bad, even the best goalie in the world wouldn't have been able to stop those amazing shots. Even though I believe Brossoit earned the start for next game, I think Hellebuyck should get the next one.

Think Lowry should be placed on a more offensive line as a test. I mean like with Roslovic and Perreault. Or put Roslovic in the middle of Ehlers and Connor and have Little centre Perreault and Lowry. Lowry has just been producing goals and I think the team shouldn't pass up potential goal-scoring.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
How is Laine not getting an opportunity? Since an 18 y/o raw rookie he has never played outside of the top 6 and has from day 1 been the trigger man on the #1 PP. A PP unit that is considered among the top couple in the NHL. Considering some of the other weaknesses in his game he has been given every opportunity to exceed. Let's not forget #2 picks usually have far less to work with during their first few years. Laine will supplant Wheeler in due course. It is okay if it is a year or 2 down the line.
There is a write up in the wpgsun.
Maybe they can explain it again better..
Im too tired celebrating the win :popcorn:

Its a 4AM game here.:laugh:

EDIT:
el2qol.jpg

Reactions: Afterburner

DiggerD

Nov 21, 2014
I'm so blessed we have such an amazing player like Laine. I mean, he's probably the least selfish player on this team and considering most of the players on this team aren't selfish that says a lot.

Brossoit played awesome, those two goals he let in by Keller weren't that bad, even the best goalie in the world wouldn't have been able to stop those amazing shots. Even though I believe Brossoit earned the start for next game, I think Hellebuyck should get the next one.

Think Lowry should be placed on a more offensive line as a test. I mean like with Roslovic and Perreault. Or put Roslovic in the middle of Ehlers and Connor and have Little centre Perreault and Lowry. Lowry has just been producing goals and I think the team shouldn't pass up potential goal-scoring.
So lets take a guy that is having success, working well with his line mates and playing a specific defensive role, then remove him from his line mates and change his role. Hell while we are at it, reward him for his excellent faceoff record by shifting him to wing.

Reactions: FFHockey

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
So lets take a guy that is having success, working well with his line mates and playing a specific defensive role, then remove him from his line mates and change his role. Hell while we are at it, reward him for his excellent faceoff record by shifting him to wing.

I just thought he did well driving up the wing.

Or he could centre Roslovic and Perreault and move Lemieux down a line.

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
Yep the Jets obviously suck. All the hockey analysts (most of them former players) say we suck. All the hockey pundits says we suck..even the Hockey says we suck:sarcasm:

Ummm we....won?....you know the thing that happens when you score more goals than the other team?...What ever happened to the notion of doing enough to win?...I swear if the Jets win the Stanley Cup in a game where we got out corsied, only bottom six players and our goalie was good...Half of this board would be complaining and saying "It's time to panic"

RAFS

Feb 22, 2013
Thought the Jets won this game. Must have been watching something else..... Oh well, on to Monday!

Reactions: Jets 31

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Go ahead :)

Legit means Stanley Cup contenders.
Jets are considered one of the top 5 heavy weights.
By that they are above Carolina and should be a distance above Dallas.
:thumbu:

My mistake, I didn't know you were re-defining the word "legit" to mean "one of 4 other teams in the league". But if you're imagining some massive gulf between the "legit" teams and a team like Carolina, you're gonna have to re-define a whole lot more of 'em.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
The past 5 games he has averaged 17 minutes of ice time, and has been the number 1 shot option on one of the league’s top power plays......he is hardly being mistreated.
Was this concern just for the past 5 games ? :huh: talk abour cherry picking.
Anyways , you sure plus 17+mins?
1 game against Edmonton 20mins.
Never seen a 40 goal scorer with lesses ice time than him.

I never ever said mistreated.
I always say not optimize.
Big difference.

I am not just talking about Laine here now.
Its optimizing the top 6.

Anyways as i always say.
If Jets are winning im happy.

Go Jets Go:thumbu:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad