Post-Game Talk: Jets 2.0 beat Jets 1.0 5-3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Thought Frenchy 2 was Lemieux

Very good point there Sip--we'll have to sort this out. We also have Chiarot who's not accounted for, and could be Frenchy 4 ? :huh:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I reiterate that Laurent Brossoit is making me feel 100× more calm than Mason ever did. you can definitely see the same style of play in Brossoit as in Bucky. Small wonder that they go to the same goalie school in the off-season.

Can you imagine how many points we would have had last year if Mason had provided results like Brossoit? We can probably shave 4 or 5 games of Helly’s load.

Reactions: Jet and Jets 31

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
I hate those jeresys, I think the jets do to, they play angry in them. So if they want to keep wearing them and winning that's fine. But man what an eye sore.

I didn't love or hate these jerseys when they were first introduced but I have to admit they have grown on me. As a Jet fans since the WHA day and will always love the old jerseys it may be time to move away from that era and these Jerseys are unique for any Jet era. They are totally different than any jersey the Jets have ever had.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
What does Tyler Myers do really well? Once in a while he shows some offense, but man he is not good in his own zone. Chiarot was an absolute trainwreck. Byfuglien was roaming around wildly. I only liked Morrissey and possibly Trouba. The defense is concerning right now. Without Enstrom there is some stability missing back there.

The Jets forward depth is winning them games right now. Wheeler had a really bad game. But Scheifele had good moments, Little line controlled the puck well, CLT up to their usual tricks and the Roslo line actually got to play for a bit.

I am nervous whenever Myers, Morrow, or Chiarot are defending. Not good.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Brutal game, but win is a win nevertheless.

Jets 1.0 wanted the win more than Jets 2.0, but as Brossoit was almost as good as Raanta and Jets 2.0 just has unbelievably talented roster even with that mediocre coaching they will just win most of the time.

CSW still needs to be broken. And ELL. Obvious things are obvious. Not for Maurice, though.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
What does Tyler Myers do really well? Once in a while he shows some offense, but man he is not good in his own zone. Chiarot was an absolute trainwreck. Byfuglien was roaming around wildly. I only liked Morrissey and possibly Trouba. The defense is concerning right now. Without Enstrom there is some stability missing back there.

The Jets forward depth is winning them games right now. Wheeler had a really bad game. But Scheifele had good moments, Little line controlled the puck well, CLT up to their usual tricks and the Roslo line actually got to play for a bit.

I am nervous whenever Myers, Morrow, or Chiarot are defending. Not good.

Myers made a crucial goal all by himself today against almost god-mode Raanta.

He was also blocked by a referee on the first goal against.

Jets D has quite a big problem just now, and he is named Ben Chiarot. Replace him with Niku or Kulikov, immediately.

Morrow has been mostly okayish. Myers has had a bit rough start but still almost even given the offence he has given. Myers-Morrow should be better, but they are much better they are given credits for. Decent 3rd pair, if we can get the 2nd pair working.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
CSW: if this is what so-called high work ethic looks like, the humanity is well and truly f***ed. Scheifele was just lazy out there, consistently cheating for offense and skating back with his back straight. Wheeler showed signs of trying and being in it, but my God, did he struggle to create anything. Connor was pretty invisible, aside from a couple of flashes (mainly his 2-on-1 with 55). Their Corsi differential of -16 speaks for itself.

ELL: Laine defaulting back to the exact same game he has long been criticised for: slow, tentative, inactive at times. The turnover which led to the second Keller snipe pretty much summed it all up. Little had some good looks and fared fairly well on the kill. Ehlers was slightly better than the other two. Overall, not that great a show.

CLT: How long until Lowry is renowned as a Selke candidate? As a line, they just rock. They had the Keller line under control pretty well, although score effects muddied the final picture a bit.

PRL: There is not a single soul who does not have anything to learn from watching Perreault play. Such an active and tenacious playdriver who should definitely be up in the top 6, trying to fix some of their issues. I want Roslovic and Lemmy to learn everything from Mathieu. Great to see him score too. Speaking of the youths - not bad at all. With how little minutes they played, this was a good showing from them.

44-8: Three assists for the big man on the right, and Morrissey's read on the PP goal was an exceptional one. Good to have a trustworthy D pairing out there, right?

70-57: ...especially when you have to endure these two playing at once. Myers' goal was a good one, and Morrow had some individual defensive plays worth praising. That being said, these two cannot defend the net front to save their lives. I don't know what the thought process behind the first goal was, and Morrow pretty much assisted Keller on the third. I have no confidence in these two anywhere outside of seeing Myers on the PP.

7-33: Buff's ability to carry a D pairing helps... except that these two were pretty comprehensively trashed tonight (~28% CF). However, Buff pretty much changed the tide of the game with his crushing hit on Archibald, so there's that. Chiarot was nothing out of the ordinary.

Bro-schwa: Hellebuyck-esque calmness in the crease. I was surprised by how confident he looked, and he did have some marvelous saves to keep the team in the game.

Special teams did their job and then some.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Block of 8 games. 5-2-1

This is how Jets need to roll, to keep pace with the heavyweights and this central division teams.

Or a little bit better. That will be a lot and
That is hard to do.

But they can do it...

Go Jets go!!!

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If we were losing games i could understand all the bitching but we are winning , i don't get it . I love the fact we are so deep with forwards that we can win games with just our 3rd and 4th lines and a good PP and PK . I posted this in another thread but i think once again the big hit by Buff changed the momentum back to the Jets , Buff is worth every penny he's getting . Now lets beat St.Louis again and absolutely Destroy Toronto .

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
Myers made a crucial goal all by himself today against almost god-mode Raanta.

He was also blocked by a referee on the first goal against.

Jets D has quite a big problem just now, and he is named Ben Chiarot. Replace him with Niku or Kulikov, immediately.

Morrow has been mostly okayish. Myers has had a bit rough start but still almost even given the offence he has given. Myers-Morrow should be better, but they are much better they are given credits for. Decent 3rd pair, if we can get the 2nd pair working.

I was at the game and I thought Morrow was the weakest link on the Jets defence. It is like playing a man short. We will need Kuli to get his legs under him soon. By the way Little, Lemieux and ( to a lesser extent) Ehlers looked good to me.

Reactions: Tommigun

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
We will be awesome when the top 6 plays their best and team d gets back to last year's level. Scary good results considering the issues. I like the coaching staff staying the course and playing their choice of players. Last year's winning style is up to the players to execute..... patience is better than panic

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
I was at the game and I thought Morrow was the weakest link on the Jets defence. It is like playing a man short. We will need Kuli to get his legs under him soon. By the way Little, Lemieux and ( to a lesser extent) Ehlers looked good to me.

About Morrow I did mean first 8 games, not only that one against the Coyotes. In that 8 game period I think it's clear as day that Chiarot has been the weakest link, though it's funny how Buff can make him serviceable d-man.

Morrow and Myers have a lot of room for improvement, but I think they are a good 3rd pair.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Don't hide it! You do want to be an alarmist. Time to panic when we are 5-2-1? Really? And that while our top 2 lines are slumping? They will come around. Then what?
When they come around then I will be very excited for the Jets as a contender. :)

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
You mean allowing 40 shots game in and game out isn't sound coaching?:sarcasm:

The Jets are allowing a lot of shots and they don't play a shut down game - but they will work you to the outside and limit the high percentage scoring chances.

That's the way this team worked all of last season (successfully) and it's carried over.
But you are right, this is a Maurice move although I'm not sure it's a bad one.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
I’ll give SOME leeway to Laine as he is only 20 years old. But Scheif and Wheeler won’t get that same benefit from me. They are leaders and for someone who is as committed to the game as Scheif is, I am extremely disappointed in his effort in the defensive zone.

Maybe Scheif needs someone like Bob Gainey/Doug Gilmour to come in and start consulting him on the defensive side of his game? Adam Oates has worn out his welcome!

Or perhaps he could just look over his shoulder and learn a thing or two about Defence as a Centre from Lowry or Little.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
So the sky ISN'T falling anymore? :laugh: (hard to tell by this thread)

I was hoping Condor was going to start playing more like he did in the playoffs but man, he has been bad in our zone. On the first goal he was mia and left Keller wide open for an hour. No idea why he went up high there (some blame has to be on the forward but still). Then of course he generates some good chances for the team and scores a goal. If he could just be competent in his own end I'd be happy.

Myers and Morrow DO NOT WORK. Please, scratch Morrow and put in Kulikov. Please. I'm even ok with putting Morrow with Buff but honestly I do not think Morrow has been good at all this year. Lots of bad decisions and turnovers - but he is a bit more mobile than Chia. I honestly don't think Chiarot has been bad... he's just been... Chiarot.

Again, I liked Lemieux Roslo and Perreault! I think they are our 4th line! Thank god Mattchu scored - hopefully the floodgates open for him.

God Wheeler and Scheifele can suck on the defensive side of the game. They turn the puck over so much within 2 - 3 feet of our blueline. They need to eliminate that.

Brossoit was good! I am feeling really comfortable with our goaltending for the first time since the Jets returned

I am starting to worry that Laine is just a one trick pony. Sure, a one trick pony that can score 20 PP goals and 50 overall is a nice pony to have, but he has shown so much more. I STILL to this day believe that the hit and concussion changed him. I was hoping he'd get over it by now but there is something blocking him from carrying the puck with speed, making sick dangles, holding on to it with confidence and making plays. Is it fear?

Reactions: ps241 and GNP

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Oh PS, fun fact -- even though we are struggling to find consistency so far this year, we are tracking to have 112 points... probably not enough for the Presidents Trophy but who wants that anyway?

(PS I know, quality of competition, etc :) )

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I'm not going to name posters but I have been here long enough to notice certain posters lean towards negativity and pessimism by default.

giphy.gif

If it didn't rain once in a while, nobody would really appreciate the sunshine. ;)

Reactions: Evil Little
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad