Post-Game Talk: Jets 2.0 beat Jets 1.0 5-3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Never stop panicking. I find it weirdly comforting. The more you are worried the more relaxed I feel that everything will turn out alright.
Too early
Honestly if Mo blew it last year and was back behind the bench again I’d be pissed... but he didn’t and we are doing ok

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Allot of people apparently haven't heard of the notion of "If aint broke, don't fix it. Maybe they are millennials who haven't head of that expression? :dunno:

Everyone has their own agenda and sometimes there's more to it than how the "team" is doing.

We're fine - we did the same thing last year - slow start.
I'm super encouraged by our secondary - bottom 6 is looking good and that is the part of the game that is the toughest to fix if it's broke.

CSW are not looking good but don't expect to see any changes anytime soon - you know Paul is going to leave them alone until they get their mojo back - and they will. Too much talent on this line to fail.

Record looks good to me - every team we've met has come out with their best effort to topple one of the SC favorites.

I think a few of them are also watching a lot of tape from LY's Vegas team - these so called less talented teams are bringing a super tight forecheck and aggressive D game that I didn't notice around the league that much until Vegas came along.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Too early
Honestly if Mo blew it last year and was back behind the bench again I’d be pissed... but he didn’t and we are doing ok
Yup, I'd agree with the bolded... :nod:

standings.png

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
There will always be a contingent of fans who think Mo is a bad coach no matter how he does. It's like that on any of the team forums that have a large enough fan base. There is even a contingent of TO fans who think Babcock is a terrible coach.

For me he is not a bad coach.
What i am worried about is, he doesnt seem to adjust quickly to in game changes.
And he has this thing about 55 and 26 tied to the hips. I just want him to say in an interview why those 2 cannot be separated? :)

A great coach that is remain to be seen.
We shall see how he does this year with this Jets team being rank to be the deepest in the league in all areas.

Jets are now a target and a gauge for every team in the league that plays them.

Chevy has now assembled in front of him his best team. Probably the most complete Jets team ever.
Hope he takes the next steps and win a cup here. With the Buff Wheeler Little Myers perrault.

We shall see...

Reactions: GNP

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Option 3) He is in denial and reluctant to make changes while the team is winning. I have maintained, it will take 3 back to back losses for changes to be made. It may happen next week with games against a desperate Blues team, a great Leafs team and another desperate Wings team.
And we will get the majority of the points in those games because we are a very talented team. Not having all your s*** together in October and still being among the points leaders in the league is not a horrible thing. As the season goes on and we will continue to brush aside pretenders no matter how hard they fight.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Btw, good teams find ways to win games and win games they shouldn’t. We’re right back on track. We just have to weather the storm and things will come.
I love that weathering the storm is being 5-2-1 with some sloppy play knowing you are one of the most skilled teams in the league. Back a few years ago weathering the storm was being 2-5-1 and wondering if a raw rookie Sheifele was a better option at #2 center than an over the hill Olli.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I love that weathering the storm is being 5-2-1 with some sloppy play knowing you are one of the most skilled teams in the league. Back a few years ago weathering the storm was being 2-5-1 and wondering if a raw rookie Sheifele was a better option at #2 center than an over the hill Olli.

Holy jeebus don't give me nightmares

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
What i am worried about is, he doesnt seem to adjust quickly to in game changes.
And he has this thing about 55 and 26 tied to the hips. I just want him to say in an interview why those 2 cannot be separated? :)

We shall see how he does this year with this Jets team being rank to be the deepest in the league in all areas.

Chevy has now assembled in front of him his best team. Probably the most complete Jets team ever.
Hope he takes the next steps and win a cup here. With the Buff Wheeler Little Myers perrault.

We shall see...
Doesn’t really matter if we win the cup. A few days later HF fans will be calling for his head. That is just how HF rolls. It is really important to be able to ignore the ****storm.

Reactions: GNP

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If certain players want to play together and get a certain amount of ice time then they should back that up on the ice. Every player would love to play 20 mins and with the #1C. The coach has to make sure he is getting the best out of his assets on the ice and putting his team in a position . And repeatedly throwing out a line that had only 7 shot attempts at 5 on 5 in 15 minutes of icetime while giving up ~24 is not the way to accomplish that.

He is playing that line like they are the Barkov line, the Couturier line or the Seguin line... but their results so far this season not including tonight's game have been more akin what they were for a middle of the road 2nd line in the NHL last season (ironically they are pretty similar to where ELL were last season).

And I am not some hater of that line, I defended their usage in the first few games of the season and most of last season.

I don't think most people understand the dynamics of losing the room. You lose the room. Kiss the season goodbye.

Reactions: KingBogo

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We definitely have to clean up some things, especially in the 3rd, but we look good and it's comforting having a backup that can play just as well as our starter so far.

Yea one of the big question marks going into the season was backup goaltending and these early results are very welcome.

Keep er rolling Bro.

Reactions: Jets 31 and GNP

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

We shall see...

We see many of these same things in coaches that have won. Babcock, Sutter, Quenville. They are all quilty of the same things. They want their top players to be happy and will often give them more opportunists to rebound then anyone else.

Reactions: PhilJets

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well that was another very uneven game by the team tonight. I will gladly take the win and the two points but there are still areas of our game that really need to get cleaned up.

Brossoit: While it has only been 2 games, he is doing exactly what he needs to do and then some as a backup. I will admit that I wasn't super keen on the acquisition but it is looking like a pretty astute pick up by Chevy.

JoMo and Trouba where fantastic out there. I am quite happy that Maurice has continued to run Morrissey on the number one PP unit, the kid is looking a more and more like a cornerstone dmen. Trouba with his best game of the year. He was really making great offensive reads out there. I don't care what it takes we need to keep this pairing together, they are that darn important. Pay him 7 million this summer if need be.

Buff and Chariot: Buff with one of his more average efforts and Chariot was just ok. They have had better nights but they didn't hurt the team either.

Myers and Morrow: I was happy that Myers got the goal but man oh man was that pair scary again in our own end. We need a change there, put Kulikov out with Myers and get Morrow back with Buff.

SCW: This line was once again MIA. Connor was the best of the three but even he is starting to turn the puck over in bad spots. Wheeler and Scheifele with another dud of a game despite their points.

CLT: Excellent effort once again by these three. I was happy with the Lowry contract then and happier now, he is a steal at under 3 million.

ELL: The line had some scoring chances but also some sloppy turn overs. They are working better but I would like to see changes made to the top 2 lines, both are disjointed.

LPR: Nice effort for these guys, but got caught running around their own end at times.

Special teams are rounding into form, no concerns on how both the PP and PK are looking.

As mentioned we still do not have our top 6 going and we are winning which is a testament to our depth and talent. I still think Moe could shake the top two lines up to get a bit more going from them. The team also needs to do something about our bottom three dmen. I would have to think Niku would be a better option then at least two of the guys we are dressing their right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad