Post-Game Talk: Jets 2.0 beat Jets 1.0 5-3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Trade Ehlers talk is insane, c'mon already. Niku isn't that far away, hope to see him by Christmas. Can't see how he's a downgrade from Chiarot or Morrow at all. Once Kuli is fully healthy it should be,

Morrissey-Trouba
Niku- Buff
Kuli-Myers

This definitely seems more in line with True Norths plans.
Calls for big trades don’t really line up with how we do business.

If us struggling has us in 4th place overall then the team can likely...

Wait for Kulikov to recover more and contribute better (ie insulate Myers)
Wait for Niku to get more seasoning on the farm.
Wait to closer to the deadline and bring in some top 4 help.
Doesn’t need to be a stud just someone who’s better then our bottom guys.

Trading Ehlers or another key piece in October seems knee jerk (surprise internet mgt style). The Jets as constructed can likely contend for the division title. They certainly need to improve in a few areas by mid season but there are several ways to do that and I doubt a blockbuster trade is the avenue they take.

Trading a guy who committed to a long term contract with us doesn’t send the best message to our upcoming RFA stars.

Yea I don’t see any reason to panic at this point. It’s a long season and we don’t need to overreact.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I doubt that Chevy is going to trade Ehlers any time soon but I would give him and a 2nd to the Ducks any day of the week. Come to think of it, I'd probably add a 1st instead of a 2nd.

Lindholm is comparable to Trouba and is signed for 5.206m for 4 years. JMO and Lindholm with Niku on the left side would be a great D corps but I don't think the Ducks do that deal.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
My number one worry for this year was playing Helle too much.

Frenchy 2 is making me a very happy fan.

46621j_lg.jpeg

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
So Scheifele is one place short of making it 4 Jets in the Top 10 for penalty minutes this season.

1.Chiarot
2.Myers 24 minutes both
9.Wheeler 17 mins
11.Scheifele 16 mins.
Someone owes a few dinners to Hellebucks and Lowry etc for killing all those penalties..

Chiarot and Myers have more PIM in 8 games than Laine for example had the entire last season :laugh:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So Scheifele is one place short of making it 4 Jets in the Top 10 for penalty minutes this season.

1.Chiarot
2.Myers 24 minutes both
9.Wheeler 17 mins
11.Scheifele 16 mins.
Someone owes a few dinners to Hellebucks and Lowry etc for killing all those penalties..

Chiarot and Myers have more PIM in 8 games than Laine for example had the entire last season :laugh:
Myers has taken 6 minors, and drawn 0. Wheeler has taken 5 minors and drawn 3.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Oh man my psyche is not built for live games apparently.

There was a lot of good in that game as well, no need to flip out like that (I have a nasty temper sometimes). I find it funny that Winnipegians are probably enjoying a nice afternoon with their beautiful families and the Finns are raging while plastered on midnight on Saturday :D.

But I do find it also quite amusing that when we evaluate Laine, it's always "we know how much better he can be so this is all just relative to expectations", but when it comes to the team (especially after beating a team like the Coyotes) it's the complete opposite: "look at our points last season, we almost won something!" Like that's the thing, I have much higher expectations for this team than the current performance. We shouldn't rely this much on good goaltending.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad