Value of: Evander Kane

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You really have no clue when it comes to the current financial market in the league do you? 3.5-4m? Why did you bother writing that ? That's a joke. Like straight up joke. I don't even got to bother repeating myself about everything Kane brings. Kane is a legit power forward. You planning on offering Niederreiter 3.5 mil long term? Because Kane is a better player and it's not even debatable.

No, just about every team in the league will value Nino more than Evander Kane. You think Buff wouldn't do a straight trade of Kane for Nino in a flash?

You in BUFF seem happy with him. Good for you. Quit offering him up in trades. You won't see Wild fans offering up Nino in trades.

The reality is that Kane has had a stretch where he has been scoring some- let's not pretend that he is anything but a borderline top 6'er at best- on a crappy team. He has also managed to not see the inside of a police station or caused any dissension on his team recently...pretty pitiful that that is something to be proud of.

Last edited:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If the Sabres are out of the playoff race by the trade deadline, I could see Kane and Kulikov/Franson to the Pens for Maatta, 1st and an expiring cap dump. The 1st will be super late, and this draft is considered weak.

given the deadline is a little more than a week from today and Buffalo is on their 5 day break this week, they currently are in a battle for 3rd place in the division and the 2nd WC spot and that isnt going to change.

their schedule is:

Sa @ Colorado
Su @ Phoenix
Tue Nashville

They could go 3-0 in this stretch and be in the hunt.

Buffalo are not sellers so they need a big offer for them to trade anyone---especially Kane.

They could trade Franson or Kulikov and substitute then with Falk/Fedun.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
If the Sabres are out of the playoff race by the trade deadline, I could see Kane and Kulikov/Franson to the Pens for Maatta, 1st and an expiring cap dump. The 1st will be super late, and this draft is considered weak.

Kulikov/Franson are not as good as Maatta, but Kane would be huge for the Pens. He's the hottest scorer in the NHL right now, and would be great in the playoffs for them.

Murray isn't interested in draft picks.

This is why there are reports of Sabres scouts at multiple AHL affiliate teams.

Simply put, Murray is done hunting picks.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
No, just about every team in the league will value Nino more than Evander Kane. You think Buff wouldn't do a straight trade of Kane for Nino in a flash?

You in BUFF seem happy with him. Good for you. Quit offering him up in trades. You won't see Wild fans offering up Nino in trades.

The reality is that Kane has had a stretch where he has been scoring some- let's not pretend that he is anything but a borderline top 6'er at best- on a crappy team. He has also managed to not see the inside of a police station or caused any dissension on his team recently...pretty pitiful that that is something to be proud of.

Sabres aren't offering up Kane in trades that's the point. And there is no metric or eye test valuation that says nino is better then Kane because he isn't at all. Sabres easily turn down a swap. Kane is better and is a whole whopping one year older. No deal.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

Kulikov/Franson are not as good as Maatta, but Kane would be huge for the Pens. He's the hottest scorer in the NHL right now, and would be great in the playoffs for them.

Sabres don't take that trade. Kane plus Kulikov nets more than Maatta, 1st, and a cap dump. Especially considering that trade puts Buffalo in the position of having 4 defensemen who they'd want to protect.

And I'm a big Maatta fan.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY

This is laughable......he is a top 3 playing down on the 2nd and 3rd line while most would consider Okposo a top winger Kane has far outplayed him if we are talking about on the ice...O'Reily has hidden Okposo's defensive flaws a lot this season while Kane has no doubt created a lot of pressure that has resulted in goals that don't come up on the sheet.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

LOL. I'm sure that buffalo would jump all over that. Pittsburgh however would not. I doubt if Maatta alone would even be something Pittsburgh would do for that. But they certainly would not be adding a 1st+

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
LOL. I'm sure that buffalo would jump all over that. Pittsburgh however would not. I doubt if Maatta alone would even be something Pittsburgh would do for that. But they certainly would not be adding a 1st+

No, Murray wouldn't.
Over and over again, Murray is nit seeking draft picks. Your 1st is worthless in a Kane trade offer. Especially in this draft.
Murray isn't actively seeking offers, so if offers do come for Kane, the price will be high.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Buffalo wouldn't ponder it either

galaxytrash

Mar 24, 2008
Thailand
sabres had a lot of testcular fortitude to take a chance on kane.
now it will take a lot of testicular fortitude to trade him.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
I would give a 2nd + a prospect at the most for him. The guy has skill but is a coaster and his work ethic at time is crap.

SabresSociety

Jan 3, 2014
I would give a 2nd + a prospect at the most for him. The guy has skill but is a coaster and his work ethic at time is crap.

This is just absolutely false, just say I don't watch him play because clearly you have no clue what kind of player Kane is, he's one of the hardest working players and effort is always there.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
This is just absolutely false, just say I don't watch him play because clearly you have no clue what kind of player Kane is, he's one of the hardest working players and effort is always there.

I watch Buffalo often and at times he hustles but a lot of the time he is out there floating looking for the breakout pass instead of playing defense.

SnoopDogg

Gin and Juice
Jan 13, 2016
Buffalo
Look, we aren't moving Kane any time soon. We're also not talking him for hot garbage so don't bother with your proposals unless a top 2 defenseman is involved. We're not rebuilding so we don't need draft picks, and if you don't want to offer anything good, that's fine, he isn't being traded for anything less than an overpayment. Everybody is happy with him here.

Bonlarvis

Feb 4, 2015
Hamburg NY
I watch Buffalo often and at times he hustles but a lot of the time he is out there floating looking for the breakout pass instead of playing defense.

Stop lying. Kane is certainly not a floater. And his work ethic is crap?

You only commented here to bash Kane, who you quite obviously don't watch.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES

Seconded. Many many of his goals are clearly from very hard forchecking and causing turnovers that create goals and chances multiple times a game.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015

Actually i praised Kane and said he has skill but floats looking for the breakout play. So no i did not come here to bash him but thanks for coming out.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Kane is an energy guy. Anybody who thinks he floats is not watching the game. He's one of, if not, the best Sabres forward in his own zone. Literally no-one has ever questioned his on ice work ethic. Nobody. The only knock on him has been his ability to use his teammates and not just talk wild angled shots all the time. That has been the major change in him the past 10 weeks. He is using his teammates, making passes, and going to the dirty areas without the puck. But his work ethic? Never been in question ever. Ask the Winnipeg fans. I'm sure they'll tell you how frustrating it is to watch him race down the left wing only to fire a terrible shot either wide, or right into the goalie's chest. But none of them will say he didn't skate hard.

Bonlarvis

Feb 4, 2015
Hamburg NY
Actually i praised Kane and said he has skill but floats looking for the breakout play. So no i did not come here to bash him but thanks for coming out.

You said that he floats and has a "crap work ethic". Both bash him, neither are true, you don't watch him play and made things up to criticize him.

You outed yourself as a liar by saying he has a crap work ethic and is a floater.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad