F Adam Benák - Plzeň, Czechia (2025 Draft)

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I know it's not the be all end all indicator of future success. But how does he compare to Czech prospects of the past? Obviously he's not a Jagr level prospect as he was a 14 year old in the Czech20 league. But highly regarded czech prospects like Reichel and Nedved were in the U18 league at Benaks age who is currently in U20. Pastrnak was in the U18 league at 15 while Benak was in the U17 at 15.

Is it fair to way he's trending to be one of the best Czech prospects? Hard not to be super hyped about him.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I know it's not the be all end all indicator of future success. But how does he compare to Czech prospects of the past? Obviously he's not a Jagr level prospect as he was a 14 year old in the Czech20 league. But highly regarded czech prospects like Reichel and Nedved were in the U18 league at Benaks age who is currently in U20. Pastrnak was in the U18 league at 15 while Benak was in the U17 at 15.

Is it fair to way he's trending to be one of the best Czech prospects? Hard not to be super hyped about him.
He seems to be Czech generational. The last Czech generational type prospect was probably Hudler. He does a lot of great things. His size will hurt his draft ranking and his NHL success though. Hope I'm wrong of course.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
He seems to be Czech generational. The last Czech generational type prospect was probably Hudler. He does a lot of great things. His size will hurt his draft ranking and his NHL success though. Hope I'm wrong of course.
Exactly why I think Adam Novotny is even more interesting prospect then Benak. Even younger, already also playing some matches in mens ELH, and is crushing czech u20 currently. And already 185cm (6,1) and 84 kg

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Exactly why I think Adam Novotny is even more interesting prospect then Benak. Even younger, already also playing some matches in mens ELH, and is crushing czech u20 currently. And already 185cm (6,1) and 84 kg
At some point.. someone needs to write down all these guys and their draft years...

Frolo, mrtka, Novotny, Benak etc.

Reactions: martygod12

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
At some point.. someone needs to write down all these guys and their draft years...

Who’s frolo?? lol man has Czech hockey ever progressed. When I first joined this site in 2011, there was no one to talk about. Now there’s prospect after prospect to look out for.
What a nice and welcome change.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Who’s frolo?? lol man has Czech hockey ever progressed. When I first joined this site in 2011, there was no one to talk about. Now there’s prospect after prospect to look out for.

Agreed. I've given up keeping track of all of them, especially since we never know until they crack the NHL, and even then, they need to be around for a while to convince me.

An exciting time for sure!

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Jakub Frolo at eliteprospects.com

Putting up decent numbers in Finish U20 as a 16yrs old, and in the second worst team in the league. Wonder how would he did in the better team. Not sure if he is a first round potential though, but 2-3 maybe.

Novotny on the other hand is a first round prospect for me if he can keep this pace. He is 2026draft so even year later then Benak and looking even more great in the U20 (probably due to the better size, but he is starting to fire it up even with U18 NT). Only thing I am not thrilled about him is that he is from Hradec and the club is notourious with relying heavily on older mercenaries rather then playing young guns. So probably he will go to CHL or up north in the near future.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

I would say who look interesting :

2024: A.Jiricek, T.Galvas, Badinka, Jecho, O.Kos, Curran, Fibigr
2025 so far: Benak, Pekar, Zahejsky, Cerny, Cihar, Poletin, Bartovic, Mrtka
2026 so far: Novotny, Frolo, Novak, Katolicky
2027 so far.: Byrtus
2028 so far: Kachlir (dont know if 28 or still 27 draft with him)

Dont know if I missed anyone thats just guys I already know about and look interesting, sure many wont make it but I am also sure many more will pop up untill that 2028 draft.

So with some luck we can actually look decent at that 2030 OG lol.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

Dont know if I missed anyone thats just guys I already know about and look interesting, sure many wont make it but I am also sure many more will pop up untill that 2028 draft.

I need to print this.lol

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wait until you learn about Katolicky, Novak, and Kachlir.

Kachlir makes the 2027 draft by 10 days.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
...Novotny on the other hand is a first round prospect for me if he can keep this pace. He is 2026draft so even year later then Benak and looking even more great in the U20 (probably due to the better size, but he is starting to fire it up even with U18 NT). Only thing I am not thrilled about him is that he is from Hradec and the club is notourious with relying heavily on older mercenaries rather then playing young guns. So probably he will go to CHL or up north in the near future.
He won't go anywhere.

• Love
Reactions: GettingYourMoms

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Sale makes me so nervous about hyping any of these guys too much. He had generational stats for his age too and I just fell in love with his playmaking and yet here we are. He’s certainly not a bust yet but the transition to NA suggests he’s just not the level I thought he was. Kulich is so much better in North America. And even he is going to have a transition to get to the NHL…killer scorer but I think he’s got work to do on his play away from the puck.

And he’s not even small. Asking Benak to be a generational centre prospect - even given his good compete level and effervescent skills…that seems tough. I know Sale “plays” smaller than Benak though perhaps…maybe Benak feistiness and two-way attention will transfer better?

The 2026 group maybe looks more promising from a physique upside potential. I am super intrigued by Katolicky after reading the YOG reports. And for later, Kachlir is outrageous for his age.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he’ll be a winger. You basically cannot be any shorter than 5’9, and play center in the NHL.

There’s like 1 or 2 exceptions. And there aren’t that many exceptions either for players under 5’10, although there are a couple who are 5’9.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

I read an interview with Martin Straka (his boss as he owns the team) saying he screwed up and put him on a bad position and they've had to rebuild him.

Seems like the rebuild is going smoothly. Really curious how the U18s go as he should be a top point getter and will definitely have a few good forwards to play with.

As always.. really hard to look at junior Extraliga results and make too many great conclusions.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad