Value of: Evander Kane

gearharb

Apr 12, 2007
USA!!!
So it looks like Kane is playing the hockey of his career right , what is the cost to get him from Buffalo? The off ice issues earlier in the year seemed to be overblown as both cases were thrown out, however, do the fact that he was named in these issues lower his value drastically?

Would Buffalo move him for a 1st (20-30th OA)?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
So it looks like Kane is playing the hockey of his career right , what is the cost to get him from Buffalo? The off ice issues earlier in the year seemed to be overblown as both cases were thrown out, however, do the fact that he was named in these issues lower his value drastically?

Nope.

Kane is too valuable to this team right now to move for a late 1st.

ForsakenSabre

Save Us MIttelstadt
Jan 31, 2013
Buffalo

Ideally a top 4 Dman is heading the other way if he is traded. He has been on absolute fire lately. A late first won't cut it

Last edited:

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
How is lehner doing for you? I think a big trade between Pitt and Buff could help out both teams. But if Buff is set with lehner then it's an obvious no

MAF+Pouliot+Sprong+Fehr(cap)+1st

For

Kane+Kulikov+Lehner

Pens solve the Murray situation, wing/D replacement for our mass amounts of injuries right now

Buff gets good futures and a good goalie

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
How is lehner doing for you? I think a big trade between Pitt and Buff could help out both teams. But if Buff is set with lehner then it's an obvious no

For

Kane+Kulikov+Lehner

Pens solve the Murray situation, wing/D replacement for our mass amounts of injuries right now

May God have mercy on you for the responses you're going to get to this bad proposal :laugh:

Had Maatta not gotten hurt, I would have suggested Maatta and Hagelin for Kane, Kulikov and Asplund. But seeing how he's out 6 weeks, I severely doubt the Sabres would be interested in him at all.

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014

For

Kane+Kulikov+Lehner

That's terrible for BUF.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
May God have mercy on you for the responses you're going to get to this bad proposal :laugh:

Had Maatta not gotten hurt, I would have suggested Maatta and Hagelin for Kane, Kulikov and Asplund. But seeing how he's out 6 weeks, I severely doubt the Sabres would be interested in him at all.

It was based off kulikov being valued around a early 2nd round pick. Kanes value is unclear to me because a few weeks ago nobody wanted him so I admit the value could be off. Also wasn't sure how lehner was working out for them that's why I asked. Pouliot, our 1st, Sprong and MAF all carry value

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010

For

Kane+Kulikov+Lehner

Counter offer:

MAF, Maatta, Sprong, 2018 1st

For

Kulikov, Gorges (50% retained), Ullmark, Deslauriers, Minnesota 2nd, Washington 3rd

Edit: oh, and since this is a Kane thread, Evander will drive the players to and from the airport in Buffalo......

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wouldnt mind kane in anaheim but i doubt the fan bases would agree on value. Unless they want theodore + or vatanen.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015

For

Kane+Kulikov+Lehner

Lehner has been great for us. Not spectuacular, but good enough to be a playoff quality goaltender. We have no need for a more expensive, older goaltender.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Buffalo wouldnt be interested in that deal ..hurt or not.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Lehner wouldn't be available. Not after what Murray paid for him.

Kane would be available for a top-4 D with term, or a potential future top-4 D.

SnoopDogg

Gin and Juice
Jan 13, 2016
Buffalo
how is lehner doing for you? I think a big trade between pitt and buff could help out both teams. But if buff is set with lehner then it's an obvious no

maf+pouliot+sprong+fehr(cap)+1st

for

kane+kulikov+lehner

pens solve the murray situation, wing/d replacement for our mass amounts of injuries right now

buff gets good futures and a good goalie
giphy.gif

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009

For

Kane+Kulikov+Lehner

Absolutely horrendous offer.

A late first in a garbage draft for Kane? :shakehead

Kane isn't being moved. He is one of the few legit power forwards in the league. He brings so much to the tesm that he isn't being moved for merely a top 4 dman. Murray went out of his way to acquire Kane and paid a lot for him, and now Kane is playing to his potential and now Murray will move him ? No. Murray will extend Kane long term for around $6 mil per.

And the people who wouldn't want Kane are the ones who haven't watched a single game of him this year or are narrow minded due to off ice issues that haven't affected him at all in Buffalo. Not a single problem with Kane in the locker room. His teammates love him. Can't wait to read the lowball offers and ridiculous slanderous statements made about him though :thumbu:

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
Kane has the problem that he is much more valuable to his current team than any other team is willing to give up for him.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Neither side adds ...

Kane for Tanev. Straight up.

Why isn't Kane worth Tanev?
Why isn't Tanev worth Kane?

Buffalo and Vancouver fans are too too bias to be objective.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->