• 1. Eichel 2. Pettersson 3. Matthews

• 1. Matthews 2. Eichel 3. Pettersson

• 1. Matthews 2. Pettersson 3. Eichel

• 1. Pettersson 2. Eichel 3. Matthews

• 1. Pettersson 2. Matthews 3. Eichel

Results are only viewable after voting.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Pettersson is a special talent. So with a gun to head I choose him. But all 3 of these players are of a similar caliber. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
So far from what I've seen out of all 3 players it's Pettersson > Matthews>Eichel. All 3 may change in the future of course, but right now that's where it's at for me. One thing to note, Eichel has made some great strides this year IMO and has closed the gap on Matthews a bit.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
What happened to that Laine guy? It’s funny that if he’s not scoring he’s doing nothing. He doesent check, hit, or make plays at any significant level... (he’s never hit thirty assists on a stacked team with a stacked pp he gets to be on) Most his goals come on that power play, half of his goals have come in four games this year! , if i was a jets fan I wouldn’t like his consistency, he should never be considered better then any of these centres, I don’t care if he scores 8 in the next two games and HF turns into a Laine is beter then Ovi lovefest

In other news watching buffalo tonight without Eichel is depressing, absolutely no push at all

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Went 1. Pettersson 2. Matthews 3. Eichel but it's really a coin flip between all 3.

Really exciting time for NHL forwards.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Went 1. Pettersson 2. Matthews 3. Eichel but it's really a coin flip between all 3.

Really exciting time for NHL forwards.

Our three teams have the most potential to be in mcdavid s “league IMO” among young centres.

I’m not convinced Mackinnon isn’t greatly helped by Rantanen, the guy is sick no doubt about it and has elite skills so when you watch him play it’s ridiculous to think he’s being carried, so what I mean is I don’t think he’d be as good as he is without Rantanen. You don’t have four mediocre or poor for your talent level seasons followed by a significant jump when a excellent player joins your line who went over a PPG anfnthen this year that excellent player the league in scoring for two months.

So while Mackinnon scheifele barkov barzal maybe and others are right there I thin Matthews Eichel and EP will be mcdavid a biggest completion in the foreseeable future..who knows how good Hughes lafrenniere and that kid in 2021 the new phenom what’s his name savoie? Something like that, they may join the ranks but for now these three have the best chance st making things interesting down the road

Reactions: wetcoast

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
What are you going on about? Lol we've settled this already
Dude, youre trying to claim a near 30% shooting percentage is SKILL AND SMARTS

This thread is about FIVE YEARS FROM NOW

So that means you think he will shoot near 30% FIVE YEARS FROM NOW

Have you any clue what youre even saying? Embarrassing honestly, have a seat

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
Dude, youre trying to claim a near 30% shooting percentage is SKILL AND SMARTS

This thread is about FIVE YEARS FROM NOW

So that means you think he will shoot near 30% FIVE YEARS FROM NOW

Have you any clue what youre even saying? Embarrassing honestly, have a seat
If you're just gonna look at a players sh% and put a luck stamp on a him without even watching them play (which I'm sure you watch no Canucks games) I don't even wanna waste my time with you. You are on another level of uninformed if you honestly believe pettersson is getting lucky.

And admitting his sh% will go down is no contradiction, every players sh% fluctuates, it's hockey.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Matthews putting up a 61g/119pt 82 game pace

MANimal

Yeah I saw him score for the first time in half a dozen games, he’s probably going to break out now he always goes in stretches, good thing for him he’s not like Laine where he will just stop for twenty games, Matthews was still producing in the last few games with assists. Also this is over just 27 games. It’s not at all the same as players now having what they’re on pace for. This is like saying a players pace in late November early December with Matthews because that’s how much he’s played. So it’s easier it will be interesting to see if he’s still on this pace or perhaps better by March or so...it’s just weird how Eichel and Matthews point production thenkast couple years have mirrored each other. Last year if you count playoffs Matthews had 65 Pts in 69 games, (63 in 62 reg season) of course Eichel had 64 in 67.

This year Matthews is ten pts over his game total, as is Eichel even though it says 40 because Eichel still dressed for the 40th game and played two shifts before leaving. Or itd be 49 in 39 but rules are rules so it’s 49 in 40 therefore Matthews is like 0.3 percent better or something, jacks just done it over a longer stretch so that 0.3 percent is more then made up still similar. Both guys have pros and cons we’ve been over, auston gets less ice time by his team scores more goals, he’s also a year younger so he’s the more mature player. Even their U-18 college numbers were similar so I don’t buy this “eichels in the convo” now you said s few posts ago. I’ve discussed this topic to death and if you mean in the sense where Eichel had been a very good defensive forward this year and his team is winning, and he’s leafing the team
Then I agree. But production was always there, in 16-17 averaged a much higher PPG, but yes if we compare rookie to rookie Matthews was better, but if we did the same thing with bArzal and Matthews barzal would be better, so that doesent mean everything. Also, just like Petterson pace doesent matter in the sense that both matthews and Eichel are destroying Mackinnons pace at similar ages yet we read about how Mackinnon is better for some reason. So that just goes to show that it doesent mean Petterson will Be better then either guy because if that’s true then that means Matthews and Eichel are clearly better then Mackinnon.

It’s all just speculation at this point.

Last edited:

Canucks777

Jun 17, 2018
There's a reason Pettersson has a high shooting %, his shots are deadly accurate. He's a better shooter than Boeser! The shooting % will probably fluctuate between seasons, but it will remain very high.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Pettersson still a bit of a question mark. He's probably the one who stepped in the league the most ready, but is there room for improvement?

He played 7 games of center ice last year & is arguably the Canucks best defensive forward. On top of carrying the team offensively.

Pettersson needed the extra year. Matthews was probably ready to play at the start of his draft year.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
There's a reason Pettersson has a high shooting %, his shots are deadly accurate. He's a better shooter than Boeser! The shooting % will probably fluctuate between seasons, but it will remain very high.
it will never remain this high. quit making it seem like Pettersson is some sniper the league has never seen. He isnt.

SteelerNation

Oct 23, 2012
1) Boeser is scoring with the same shooting% as last year - I dont expect it to jump up significantly over the rest of the season
2) We still don't know what Hughes will be able to do in the NHL - and it will take a few years for him to become what we know Reilly is in Toronto
3) To say EP has better board work or net presence compared to Matthews is being quite ignorant - Matthews is a bull on his skates
4) I never said Pettersson isn't a GREAT young player - but I dont think he is Eichel/Matthews level yet and I dont see enough to say he will be better in 5 years - I think he is closer to Barkov

I have provided several stats explaining why Pettersson is scoring at an unsustainable rate - and the response from 3 people has been "EP is just so smart he will continue to score at the same rate (by his masterful shot selection or amazing skill)".... but not one metric to show sustainability.
Oh so shorting percentage is the be all end all stat? This message board is quite pathetic when it comes to “advanced stats”. People think this is baseball, and try to be smarter than everyone. Truth of the matter is, advanced stats don’t work the same in hockey, they never have , and maybe one day they will, but not today. So people that think they have “won” an internet argument because of displaying the pointless numbers, I sAy you’re just a nerd that wasted 20 minutes of your life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad