• 1. Matthews 2. Pettersson 3. Eichel

• 1. Pettersson 2. Eichel 3. Matthews

• 1. Pettersson 2. Matthews 3. Eichel

Results are only viewable after voting.

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
Right now it’s Matthews easily. In 5 years though I could see it Pettersson>Matthews>Eichel.

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
Matthews, Pettersson, Eichel for me. HF's Pettersson hard-on is dialed to 11 right now

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Matthews,Petey,Eichel

props to jack though, he really has stepped it up. He actually belongs in the convo now

Walter Sobchak

Dec 30, 2015
Voted Matthews, Eichel, Pattersson but in 5 years who knows?

I could just as easily see it Pattersson in 5 years. My growing concern with Matthews and Eichel, at this point in their careers, is their inability to remain healthy.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Eichel will be the best player. He is a versatile offensive threat, and has all the qualities of a franchise forward.

Matthews probably second because he's got a nose for the net, and Pettersson still a bit of a question mark. He's probably the one who stepped in the league the most ready, but is there room for improvement?

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Eichel will be the best player. He is a versatile offensive threat, and has all the qualities of a franchise forward.

Matthews probably second because he's got a nose for the net, and Pettersson still a bit of a question mark. He's probably the one who stepped in the league the most ready, but is there room for improvement?
Is there room for improvement?
Why wouldn’t a 20 year old player who has taken big steps every year since the draft improve? He worked on his shot over the off season. Look at how much that improved. I think his two way play is already good but will get better as he gains a little more weight and muscle.
Give him a couple of puck moving defensemen and a better supporting cast and his offensive numbers should also improve. Don’t forget this is his first year playing in North American ice and he’s still a rookie.
He will definitely improve. A lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brock Boeser

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Do people not realize Pettersson is shooting 27%? That is extremely unsustainable. NHL average is what - less than half of that? His PP scoring is good but he is unsustainable from a shooting perspective. I think he is a GREAT young player but I dont put his unsustainable play above Matthews and Eichel. I think you are going to see his scoring rate go down - and I dont think he ends the season above a PPG.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Do people not realize Pettersson is shooting 27%? That is extremely unsustainable. NHL average is what - less than half of that? His PP scoring is good but he is unsustainable from a shooting perspective. I think he is a GREAT young player but I dont put his unsustainable play above Matthews and Eichel. I think you are going to see his scoring rate go down - and I dont think he ends the season above a PPG.

He will be well over a PPG. That I can guarantee. The kid is getting better and Boeser is finally healthy. People will need to come up with a new excuse other than unsustainable shooting percentage to explain away his his amazing rookie season. Sure that will go down but once he starts shooting more the goals should still come at about the same rate. And he will be getting more assists with Boeser hitting his stride. I'd love to see what he could do with a couple of very good puck moving defense men on the back end.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
He doesn't take low % shots

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->