• 1. Eichel 2. Pettersson 3. Matthews

• 1. Matthews 2. Eichel 3. Pettersson

• 1. Matthews 2. Pettersson 3. Eichel

• 1. Pettersson 2. Eichel 3. Matthews

• 1. Pettersson 2. Matthews 3. Eichel

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Just like Matthews and Laine (and all other +20%) didn't take low % shots? Don't kid yourself, it will come back down next year, like they always do.
EP has a better shot then both. I'm sure as he starts to take more shots it will go down but he will continue to get his goals and points.

Were you saying that that last year when he was in the shl with high shooting % also?

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
EP has a better shot then both. I'm sure as he starts to take more shots it will go down but he will continue to get his goals and points.

Were you saying that that last year when he was in the shl with high shooting % also?
Oh God, time to ignore anything you have to say about EP. He has a really good shot, but sure as hell isnt beyter than Matthews or Laine.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Oh God, time to ignore anything you have to say about EP. He has a really good shot, but sure as hell isnt beyter than Matthews or Laine.
100% better shot than matthews, Laine.. Whatever I wouldnt argue if someone thought Laines was better

Care to explain why he kept his high % from the shl to the nhl?? I thought they always come down??

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Every year some rookie scores at an unsustainable rate and his fans are in denial. You can be both great and lucky, they're not mutually exclusive.

Mar 26, 2010
1. Matthews
1B. Eichel

3.Pettersson (he is the most overrated player in the NHL right now, way below 34 and 9)

Last edited:
Reactions: LeafsNation75

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Are you alright? I'm one person, not a group of people. Might want to get yourself checked out.

What a complete waste of a post.

Could you please show which rookies you were alluding too which dropped off in play? How many of these rookies were close to Pettersson's production rate? Construct an actual argument instead of engaging in childish remarks.

Reactions: Hugh Mungus

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
His PPG dropped and his even strength stats have dropped even more..
That's largely due to John Tavares leaving, Barzal has been tasked with tougher defensive deployment and his numbers have dipped due to complete overhaul in the teams structure and systematical approach.

Barzal is a better ice hockey player this year than he was last year, he's the best player on a team that's leading the division in points. He's on pace for ~75 points while being a much better two-way player.

Not sure why points seem to be everything, this isn't fantasy hockey.

Reactions: Hugh Mungus

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
That's largely due to John Tavares leaving, Barzal has been tasked with tougher defensive deployment and his numbers have dipped due to complete overhaul in the teams structure and systematical approach.

Barzal is a better ice hockey player this year than he was last year, he's the best player on a team that's leading the division in points. He's on pace for ~75 points while being a much better two-way player.

Not sure why points seem to be everything, this isn't fantasy hockey.
17/18: 4th in 5v5 p60 / 28.94 QOC
18/19: 67th in 5v5p60 / 28.9 QOC

he's facing pretty much the same quality of competition this year, and his 5v5 offense relative to the rest of the league is much worse. he went from elite talent, to decent first liner. I also don't see any indication he's actually better defensively this year.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

you shouldn't take those types of comments seriously. I'm not going to go in debate who has a better shot, but one thing for sure I am sure of, he can slap it harder then both those guys. Not that we really care he can hit it that hard.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Pettersson is already better than Matthews, and he's a rookie. The other two can fight for second.
In Matthews rookie season he played all 82 games, scored 40 goals and lead Toronto to the playoffs.

So far in his rooke season Pettersson has had two separate injuries that caused him to miss a number of games. Now before you say his injuries were caused by other players I don't recall Matthews getting the benefit of the doubt last season and this season when he was injured, I just remember others saying Matthews was injury prone. So I'm not going to give Pettersson the same benefit of the doubt.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
It's hilarious that Pettersson's season is seen as "unsustainable rookie" when his OnIceShooting% is virtually the same as Matthews this year.

Mitch Marner's OnIceShooting% is much higher than Pettersson's this year, not a peep about that though.

Canucks777

Jun 17, 2018
it will never remain this high. quit making it seem like Pettersson is some sniper the league has never seen. He isnt.
Out of all his goals this year, only like 1-3 have been fluky. It's obviously not going to stay this high for his entire career, but this season it might. Stop making it seem like he's just some ordinary player.

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
People voting Pettersson above the other two already must not be fans of consistency across longer sample sizes.

To crown someone as better than someone else when theyre pacing the same yet one has done it longer than the other, is asinine to me and always will be.

Consistency is one of the biggest assets a professional athlete can have and for all we know Pettersson falters next year when he isn't shooting near 30%. Matthews and Eichel on the other hand have proven for more than a few seasons now that they can produce at their rates consistently

Matthews, Eichel, Pettersson for me until Pettersson shows he can do it for longer than half a season
Matthews is all pace hasnt broke 70 points yet, just saying..

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
EP has a higher PPG than either player in their rookie seasons, but this is his D+2 so that needs to be taken into consideration.

Realistically it's way too early to say, they are all 3 elite centres in their own right and anyone who says 'ainec' is either trolling, incredibly homer or incredibly stupid (maybe all 3?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad