Speculation: Could changes be coming to Calgary?

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Would...... DeBrusk, Grzelyck and a number 1........................ get Boston Tkachuk ???

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
My proposal of Monahan for Schmaltz + from AZ was laughed at by the usual suspects and now there is no way AZ would ever do that since Monahan's value, which was apparently at an all time low, is even lower now because he's been exposed and is actually trash.
What a horrible post

Reactions: deleted user

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Would...... DeBrusk, Grzelyck and a number 1........................ get Boston Tkachuk ???

Nowhere close. Grzelyck does not likely make the Flames roster. The Flames are very unlikely to add an undersized d-man. Debrusk is okay, but a few levels lower than Tkachuk and older than Tkachuk. I can't see any scenario where that swap makes sense for the Flames. Doesn't make sense from either a rebuild or a compete now point of view. Plus, the Flames already have Dube and Mangiapane to fill Debrusk's role.

If Tkachuk is traded it will have to be for one big piece. It's either part of a rebuild shake-up, where the rest of the team revolts against him. In which case, Calgary is looking for a #1 centre back. Or it's a full tilt rebuild, in which case Calgary is looking for a big name prospect back.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Getting Nolan Patrick is my wish for the Flames, with migraine issues behind him, he's going to flourish.

Wonder what it would take?

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
My proposal of Monahan for Schmaltz + from AZ was laughed at by the usual suspects and now there is no way AZ would ever do that since Monahan's value, which was apparently at an all time low, is even lower now because he's been exposed and is actually trash.

I wouldn't take Schmaltz as the center piece for Monahan, but thanks for your uniformed opinion anyways.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
I wouldn't take Schmaltz as the center piece for Monahan, but thanks for your uniformed opinion anyways.
Enjoy the 1st round bounces for the next couple seasons and the impending long term rebuild after we pull a Buffalo and let all our young guys lose value.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Enjoy the 1st round bounces for the next couple seasons and the impending long term rebuild after we pull a Buffalo and let all our young guys lose value.
Why are you obsessed with Schmaltz lol. At best he is lateral to Monahan.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Why are you obsessed with Schmaltz lol. At best he is lateral to Monahan.
Its not about Schmaltz, its just an example I'm sure there are other players with upside too. I am not content with mediocrity.

This team needs to do something. Make a decision. Doing nothing is unacceptable. We need to do something bold, take a gamble on someone with upside. We burned our picks on Hamonic, our cupboards are bare, our young guys are prime aged. They are what they are, and what they are isn't good enough. It's time to move on with the next wave of Valimaki, Tkachuk, Andersson, Kylington, Zary etc.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Its not about Schmaltz, its just an example I'm sure there are other players with upside too. I am not content with mediocrity.

This team needs to do something. Make a decision. Doing nothing is unacceptable. We need to do something bold, take a gamble on someone with upside. We burned our picks on Hamonic, our cupboards are bare, our young guys are prime aged. They are what they are, and what they are isn't good enough. It's time to move on with the next wave of Valimaki, Tkachuk, Andersson, Kylington, Zary etc.
Not that I disagree with the premise but why Schmaltz, he isn't better and isn't much younger

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Not that I disagree with the premise but why Schmaltz, he isn't a lot better and isn't much younger
Provided my reasoning in the thread. Younger, cheaper, signed longer, faster, more complete two way game, better fit for Ward's system, play driver, positional flexibility. Coyotes needed goals and I felt like Monahan had the reputation to provide that. Selling high and buying low.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Provided my reasoning in the thread. Younger, cheaper, signed longer, faster, more complete two way game, better fit for Ward's system, play driver, positional flexibility. Coyotes needed goals and I felt like Monahan had the reputation to provide that. Selling high and buying low.
Got it, you just really like Schmaltz more than most probably

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Can I suggest not playing Rittich 1 in 6 games?

I get Markstrom is the starter... no argument but 2 out of 6 might help in a condensed schedule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad